Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

You could manage that pretty well. 6 strains, 3 clones each, right before bloom.

Being legal is so damn important. We've come so far! To get busted for cultivation in a legal state is due to user error, IMO.

Most people still have no choice if they want to smoke weed. Grow for yourself or buy from some shady dealer. People that just happen to already live in legalized states are so lucky to not have to uproot their lives and move just to not be treated as a criminal.

Heheh, I'm currently working with two alcoholics, a cokehead, a recovering junkie and a registered sex offender.

I'm just a stoner - I'm the stable one. :laughtwo:

Heheh, I'm currently working with two alcoholics, a cokehead, a recovering junkie and a registered sex offender.

I'm just a stoner - I'm the stable one. :laughtwo:

Many people in my age group are starting to go on meds, statins, blood pressure, anti-depressants, sleeping pills and stuff for heartburn/upset stomach.

The people I know who take 2 or more of those drugs begin to age rapidly about a year after being on them. Those on 4 or more are usually quite sick.

I take no drugs of any kind. I don't consider Cannabis a drug. It's a flower.

My wife and have smoked every day, over an ounce a month, for 31 years so far. Neither of us has an ailment or takes any medications. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've smoked every day for 40 years now.

But I understand that it's really bad for you. :rofl:

My wife and have smoked every day, over an ounce a month, for 31 years so far. Neither of us has an ailment or takes any medications. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've smoked every day for 40 years now.

But I understand that's it's really bad for you. :rofl:

Yeah, it's super bad. But it's wise and prudent to take drugs with serious side effects that turn off/alter critical enzyme pathways in the body and to take them and others like them every single day for the rest of your life?

They've all gone mad. No wonder the drug companies hate weed.

I'm home alone for a few hours this evening, so I rolled up some 14 week champagne, went outside and started thinking and blowing smoke rings. I might have stumbled onto something:

People who smoke weed tend to be more concerned and involved with living things. Growing, teaching, music, art, outdoors, gardening, farming, etc. If everyone were stoners, so much wouldnt get done!

I submit that food, clothing, shelter and music would be about all anyone could find time for. Devices that kill large numbers of people at once, wars and minding other's business wouldn't be possible!

I submit it would be more like life in the Tolkien's Shire, as opposed to life as many of us know it today. The thought of all those stoned, peaceful, happy stoners trying to grow the best crops and not having time for a defense contracting job, or selling money to people who can't afford it would turn the world upside down almost immediately.

There's a lot of truth to the "back to the earth" thing. I think weed helps us with that. And that's not a good quality for a tax slave.

And being equally "attuned" at this particular late hour ... it also occurs to me that all the aforementioned wonder drugs AND the most popular mood altering substances have something in common - they all destroy your liver over time. :hmmmm:

I can't shake the Schedule 1 designation. Seriously? Wouldn't it be really simple to just change that, at least? Heck, it's even patently rational. C'mon.

I submit that food, clothing, shelter and music would be about all anyone could find time for. Devices that kill large numbers of people at once, wars and minding other's business wouldn't be possible!

If we don't build the bombs, "they" will.

Before the passage of the Marihuana Tax Stamp Act of 1937:
"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”
-Harry J. Anslinger

During the Cold War:
“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing” -Harry J. Anslinger

Marijuana puts you in connection with the connection I think we lost a long time ago. Just that natural, earthy connection. I dunno. I feel it makes you more in-tune with nature, the way we were supposed to be. I don't think humans are on this earth to send 1,000 texts a day and play Angry birds.

Marijuana puts you in connection with the connection I think we lost a long time ago. Just that natural, earthy connection. I dunno. I feel it makes you more in-tune with nature, the way we were supposed to be. I don't think humans are on this earth to send 1,000 texts a day and play Angry birds.

Boom. There it is!

Imagine for a second that the genious behind all our technology was focused on growing food, not building weapons and making it possible to shop, bank, make reservations, store a lifetime's worth of music and pay bills from a phone.

Imagine for a second that people's "ambition" was limited (by weed) to: farming, preparing/enjoying food, creating clothes, building things, IE houses, cabinets---all the stuff that stoners do now----and very few people wanted to be billionaires....most would rather BBQ and laugh.

There would always be exceptions and plenty of people wouldn't smoke weed or see things quite the way other do....but that's OK. As long as everyone is generally about peaceful, neighborly behavior, the AGGRO/GREED folks couldn't create as much trouble as they do now.

All of the above is based on voluntary, free-choice by free individuals! No central planning/dictating to make it happen. Just get 40% of the adult population smoking weed and the culture shifts.

10x10 bed....4-6 pounds, one plant. I've seen it.

I could supply enough weed to roll a joint for anyone, at any time with 4 plants like that.

I can easily grow more than we can consume, but the restriction doesn't let me experiment or play with many genetics. IMO they should distinguish between seedlings and mature plants. Let us start with a dozen or so, weed out males or weak plants, and finish with 4.

Luckily that is exactly how medical grows work here. As long as I have my OMMP cards, we will be allowed 22 immature plants and 10 adults. That works!

Doc, some of my plants, SWICK'd have stalled or slowly maturing to finish, IMO..probably due to no soil and root bound 1 qt + sized pots :) I know, Im being impatient.. its less than 11 weeks from seed :) some plants are ready soon to be cut.

I don't think I want to pull pots off the perlite SWICK to dunk the posts since I noticed that I did remove from SWICK 2 had some roots ripped out, and it looked like it was stressed.

any suggestions?

what about a EWC 'tea' - cup of EWC in 5 gallons H2O bubbled, then add Tea and GE or Transplant before giving to plants?

Thank you, Doc.

Leaf questions..
...I'm trying the Panama :thumb:

crispy/crisped leaves...get rid of them or do they function somewhat?

The semi clipped leaves on clones function, correct? Why don't growers partially cut the leaves like they sometimes do on clones, when trimming, pruning, etc. Do all lower leaves pull too much energy from the blossoms in ought to keep the leaves alive and working? Im thinking, Maybe this might prevent stimulation of leaf regrowth?

BTW, Im loving the Panama :)

Thank you in advance to whomever responds.

Just thinking outloud...

Cutting leaves on clones is used for a different reason. Clones have limited roots for water and nutrient uptake. They need less light and we are reducing their respiration/transpiration until the roots can deliver the goods.

Healthy mature plants have all the roots and leaves they need for nutrient uptake and photosynthesis. You could cut partial leaves that look bad on the tip or edges, but probably not worth the effort. How much they add to the plant's health vs. how much energy they pull from that plant is the balance I wonder about. Personally, I'd either remove them entirely, or leave them entirely. I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.

Doc, some of my plants, SWICK'd have stalled or slowly maturing to finish, IMO..probably due to no soil and root bound 1 qt + sized pots :) I know, Im being impatient.. its less than 11 weeks from seed :) some plants are ready soon to be cut.

I don't think I want to pull pots off the perlite SWICK to dunk the posts since I noticed that I did remove from SWICK 2 had some roots ripped out, and it looked like it was stressed.

any suggestions?

what about a EWC 'tea' - cup of EWC in 5 gallons H2O bubbled, then add Tea and GE or Transplant before giving to plants?

Thank you, Doc.

You're in territory that I've not sailed in, Ziggy. I don't know much about your tiered approach, neither have I used SWICK tech in my garden.

Just looking at the thing I'd say SWICK only in bloom, in large pots if I was going to try it. But I don't have much to say about all the other things you're doing. Sure is fun and interesting to watch...:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom