Dr. Seeds' Granddaddy Purple: Coco Grow In Mars Hydro Tent Under TSW-2000

T5 are hard to beat for seedlings and small clones

Trying to find them was like searching for hen's teeth. There wew none to be had at my usual shops.

I was eyeing these the other day OS I'll be interested to hear what your results are. I'm gonna use that $30 from MArs Hydro but I think I'd benefit from something small for seeds before then as I finally cracked open my wallet.

All I had was 2-1/2" (7.5cm) sticks with cotyledons for ears Friday night. Today they all have a set of 1/2" (13mm) leaves. It's better than the T8s I had. I do have a 4' T5, but it's too long for the available space.

Should be able to find one on amazon.

Yes. but they don't have instant delivery. I need these plants looking decent in two weeks. If they don't perform well, I'll return them and get something else. I was eyeing the small Budget LED kit, before this latest fiasco.

I have the budget 130w in my 2x2 veg tent and it’s perfect. I love the adjustability for low light for clones.

Hope all is well old salt.

I'm getting tired of re-filling the 5 gallon pails. They are good for less than 2 days at this stage of growth. It's time for something bigger...

full

60L Barrel

A 55 gallon drum is just too big, so I went with one of these. It should be good for five days at this stage of growth. You'll also find them called canoe barrels, or mixing barrels. Some sites call them drums instead of barrels, but have fun looking at all the drum kits and parts when you go looking.

Pests - Fungus Gnat Control

After three pest free years of growing, I was finally hit with fungus gnats. I ordered yellow sticky traps for the adult fliers, and beneficial nematodes to take care of the larva. They arrived this week and have been deployed.

full

Fungus Gnat Control Deployed

Hopefully this gets them all, but if not at least keeps them down to a dull roar. If i see signs of continuing infestation at harvest time, I'll discard the substrate, and start with fresh for my next grow. I'll also disinfect the tents, as per normal at the end of the grow.

As I've had one pest, I want to be ready for any others that may strike. I'm researching the following pests and diseases:

Pests:
  • aphids
  • barnacles
  • caterpillars
  • crickets
  • fungus gnats
  • grasshoppers
  • inch worms
  • leafhoppers
  • leafminers
  • leaf septoria
  • mealy bugs
  • pot worms Enchytraeidae
  • root aphids
  • scale insects
  • slugs
  • snails
  • spider mites
  • thrips
  • white fly
  • yellow leaf spot

Diseases:
  • bud rot
  • mold
  • root rot
  • tobacco mosaic virus
  • white powdery mold
Let me know if I've missed any that I should be aware of.

good luck with those god damn little bastard bugs buddy. god damn them lol

Only good gnat is a dead one OldSalt. I have a question. Was it you that had a great price on mycorrhazae? I'm almost out and my local store carries great white at great amounts of money.
I'm not sure if this is a great price but I use it and have had no issues. Plus the pumpkin is huge! Off the Zon.

I'm not sure if this is a great price but I use it and have had no issues. Plus the pumpkin is huge! Off the Zon.

Darn! the smallest available at their Canadian site is 5lb for $115 CAD + $15.25 taxes.

Flowering, 133 Days after Germination

Note:
Click on any image to view them full size.

full

Front View of the Tents

full

Granddaddy Purple #1 Day 48 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Granddaddy Purple #2 Day 41 of 12/12

full

Granddaddy Purple #3 Day 48 of 12/12
_______________________________________________________________​

It's been one of those weeks. First the treatments for Fungus Gnats showed up, and were deployed, and now it seems I've developed a calcium deficiency again. Last night I raised the pH from 6.0, where it has been throughout this grow to 6.4. This should make the calcium easier to take up for the plant. If this doesn't work, I'll increase the CALiMAGic, and add ArmorSi to keep things balanced as far as the N : P : K ratios are concerned.

Sing out, if you think my problem lies elsewhere! It's manifesting itself in GDP #1 and #3.

Back
Top Bottom