DrCannaCanadian: MarsHydro & Seedsman, Soil & Coco, 2020

karma sent friend,,

we seem to have similar intents,, indeed

i am doing all that you wished to be doing,, cloning, seeding, males, females, all of em,, hermies,, ha

you will for sure need to garner all the patience you can muster,, the future is indeed in the future,, but,, hey,, it always comes eventually

i have a dr.cbd plant that was supposed to be female but turned out male despite what i wanted

i also had a male mama thai plant recently and i harvested pollen from both of them,, so i am breeding as well,, as a matter of fact, i now have two sprouts,, that are the results of my breeding

amnesia/dr.cbd,, in the works right now.

i also have a dr.cbd female plant in flower right now, just went in,, and i will be crossing that a bit with mama thai and cbd pollen.

what fun,, but,, molasses flows faster,, frozen mollases

2nd full mega crop watering today,, looking so good so far

cheers friend,,

P1170667 (2).JPG

my male mama thai,, a beauty plant, for sure

P1170656.JPG

Hi @nivek , karma it must be since our interests really do line up - right down to the nutrients!

I will pop into your grow journal soon to gather up some of your tips and tricks that I can add to my knowledge-base.

PS: I really like that last photo!

Cheers mate!

If I were interested in CBD I would go that route. Just mix a high THC and a High CBD in different ratios until I find what works for me.

I agree 100%!

Not only do we get custom meds for our own individual physiology, but we can have different ratios (THC:CBD) and different strain types (indica/sativa) for nighttime and daytime.

It doesn't get better than that for us.

Now all I have to do is get these seeds to sprout :)

Hey Joe what's new?!
Not much Erin is sick with pnomia me fighting something ...

Just chillin waiting for lights on tonight got to check my dark devil auto trichrome s soon as I see some amber she is getting the axe . I just hope I can slow dry it enough . 28 grams per brown paper bag I was told wet .

Might put dark devil auto in fridge for 2 weeks . Brand new fridge should be good got hydrometers minis ready to go.

How many watts you think you going to aim for in a what 8x8 space ?

As much as I can afford I'm guessing.
Well when my winter run is done you can borrow my tsl2000 and unit farm ufo 120 if you'd like buddy.

I can mail them out to ya . Let me know since I won't be using them after ethos grow specially if I can get Erin pregnant. Lol

That is our baby room to be .

Let me know broths offer stands Amy time might be able to send ya cash or buy a light or something. Least I can do for you for all your helps over the pass years brotha. Dorn be shy I k wo your do the same for me.
:passitleft: :420::green_heart:

Not much Erin is sick with pnomia me fighting something ...

Just chillin waiting for lights on tonight got to check my dark devil auto trichrome s soon as I see some amber she is getting the axe . I just hope I can slow dry it enough . 28 grams per brown paper bag I was told wet .

Might put dark devil auto in fridge for 2 weeks . Brand new fridge should be good got hydrometers minis ready to go.

How many watts you think you going to aim for in a what 8x8 space ?

Just saw someone else harvesting Dark Devil Autos, and the nugs go a very dark purple when curing.

Brown paper bags in the fridge, that slow dry n cure really brings out the terpenes and flavour!

Enjoy your harvest!

Well when my winter run is done you can borrow my tsl2000 and unit farm ufo 120 if you'd like buddy.

I can mail them out to ya . Let me know since I won't be using them after ethos grow specially if I can get Erin pregnant. Lol

That is our baby room to be .

Let me know broths offer stands Amy time might be able to send ya cash or buy a light or something. Least I can do for you for all your helps over the pass years brotha. Dorn be shy I k wo your do the same for me.
:passitleft: :420::green_heart:

I really like the TSL 2000 and have one in the tent right now. Just waiting for the new version of the SP 250 to come out so I can replace my two older COB lights.

Good luck on the baby making ;)

PS: I hope your feeling better soon.

Update
yoda.png
Germination - Day 2

I cleaned out the tent today with bleach - I really like a clean tent - especially the floor.

I also put the used coco I got from my friend into four x 5 gallon fabric pots.

There are still a few old roots in the coco, so I will mix up 12 gallons of tepid water with Advanced Nutrients Sensizyme, CarboLoad, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana and Tarantula and let the microlife munch on the roots for the next few weeks while I'm waiting to up-pot.

The micro life is already active and munching away in the 25 gallon pot of soil.

I'm actually thinking now that I will put three Peyote WiFi plants into the 25 gallon pot of soil - there's definitely lots of room in there! I'll have to come up with a fun theme for this :)

Update
yoda.png
Germination - Day 2

I cleaned out the tent today with bleach - I really like a clean tent - especially the floor.

I also put the used coco I got from my friend into four x 5 gallon fabric pots.

There are still a few old roots in the coco, so I will mix up 12 gallons of tepid water with Advanced Nutrients Sensizyme, CarboLoad, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana and Tarantula and let the microlife munch on the roots for the next few weeks while I'm waiting to up-pot.

The micro life is already active and munching away in the 25 gallon pot of soil.

I'm actually thinking now that I will put three Peyote WiFi plants into the 25 gallon pot of soil - there's definitely lots of room in there! I'll have to come up with a fun theme for this :)
Better nice update ..

Hope all so good in the hood this evening DR. Think you can show a few pics of how to tell when to up pot ? When the time comes ?

Digging your vibes and style :ciao:

Thanks for the positive vibes!

And that's a great idea! I will definitely do a write-up with pics on deciding when to up-pot and the telltale signs of root-bound plants when the time comes!

Daily Tips & Tricks
syZ3LYfZ.jpg
By Royal Queen Seeds

How To Use A Lux Meter To Increase Your Cannabis Yields

For healthy growth and good yields, almost nothing is more important than providing your cannabis plants with plenty of light. With an affordable lux meter, you can measure and optimise the amount of light in your grow-op to increase your yields.

WHAT IS A LUX METER?

A lux meter is a relatively simple device with which you can measure the amount of light (lux=lumens/m²) in your grow room. What makes a lux meter attractive compared to a PAR meter or quantum light meters used by professionals is that it is much cheaper. While a good PAR meter can easily cost €1,000 or more, you can obtain a lux meter for a lot less. Simple lux meters start at €20 and upwards.

Inner-Lux-.jpg

THE BENEFITS OF USING A LIGHT METER

Helps Increase Yield

A lux meter can help increase the yield of your cannabis plants—an obvious benefit to growers. With it, you can determine the optimal spots within your grow room, or you can use it to determine the proper distance from your lights to your plants. A light meter/lux meter also lets you know when the light you’re using is simply not enough for maxing out yields.

Tells You When You Need To Replace HID Grow Lights

Some types of grow lights, such as MH/HPS bulbs, have a limited lifespan. In due time, they get increasingly dimmer, and this is why they need to be replaced at certain intervals. The light meter can reliably let you know when you need to replace your MH/HPS bulbs.

Prevents Some Plant Problems

Both insufficient light and too much light can be bad for your cannabis plants. The light meter can help you ensure healthy plant growth throughout all stages. The proper amount of light, not too much and not too little, will reduce stress on your plants, preventing further issues like light burn and bleaching.

WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL AMOUNT OF LIGHT FOR CANNABIS PLANTS?

How much light your plants need will vary based on each phase of the grow cycle. Seedlings can’t take a lot of light, but once a plant is in veg, it needs just about all the light it can get. This allows plants to grow vigorously to their full potential. The same goes for flowering. Although plants in bloom thrive under a different spectrum of light than during veg, they still need a lot of light exposure to make sure the buds are as big as they can be.

Inner-Cannabis-Light.jpg

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?
  • Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
What about even more light? At some point, increasing the light beyond a threshold plant can manage will actually diminish returns. Said differently, once you reach about 85,000 lux, it’s simply too much. Some strains may already show signs of light stress at only 75,000 lux, with the risk of light bleaching increasing at over 80,000 lux. To keep it safe, it is best to stay at or below 75,000 lux.

HOW TO MEASURE HOW MUCH LIGHT YOUR PLANTS ARE GETTING

When you use a lux meter to measure the amount of light in your grow room, make sure you measure at the height of your plants’ canopy. This allows you to determine how much light they’re actually receiving. Even if the distribution of light across your growing area may appear even, you should take a number of measurements in different spots of the grow room. This is how you can find blind spots or optimal spots that are not always obvious to the unaided eye. When you locate these spots, you can rearrange your plants accordingly for best results.

A NOTE ABOUT LED LIGHTS

A lux meter works with all types of “white” lights, which includes HID, CFL, and white LEDs (COB LEDs). However, it doesn’t work with “purple” LED lights, which emit a purple light due to their combination of blue and red LEDs. Unfortunately, most cheaper LED lights are these purple types. So, if you use one of these for growing, you would have to rely on manufacturer information about how much light the product really emits. Alternatively, you could obtain a light meter that can be used with these types of LEDs. But be aware that these often cost a lot more.

Update
yoda.png
Germination - Day 3

Yee Haw! This grow is officially under way now!

We have three seedlings above ground now - and the Seedsman Peyote WiFi are on fire!

All seedlings will get foliar sprayed three times a day - about every 8 hours. The foliar solution is essentially a light feed and is very useful since the babies can only drink through their leaves right now.

Some people like to use humidity domes, but I don't bother. I am much more interested in making sure a gentle breeze from the oscillating fan is constantly making those seedling stems grow strong!

At this stage our goals are clear, encourage those tap roots to drive hard down to the bottom most water layer, and for the cotyledon leaves swaying in the breeze to stretch to the sun.

As for the Mars Hydro TSL 2000 light - it is extremely powerful! I have it dimmed to 50% and set to 42" (105 cm) above canopy - and it is still generating 6.81k LUX! Although there are other forms of measuring light intensity, LUX is good enough for non lab settings.

With green above ground and reaching for the sky, we set the light schedule to 18-6. Science says the roots grow in the dark, so I do not run 24-0 - it can be too hard on the babies.

Honestly, I am really hoping the Hippie Crippler is a male so we can do our breeding project!

Here are the new borns:

Thanks for the positive vibes!

And that's a great idea! I will definitely do a write-up with pics on deciding when to up-pot and the telltale signs of root-bound plants when the time comes!
Looking forward to playing attention to that :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom