Dutch Does Hindu Kush In Promix HP

Oh....I have not heard of that...

Neat, what strain are you working on? I looked at STS, CS and ended up going with GA3 as it was easier for me to gather all the components.

Monkey Banana Kush atm. A buddy gave me a dozen cuttings he had in a bubble cloner he was about to toss out. He sells to commercial growers and the guy never showed up and they were getting root rot. I took them home in a plastic bag then left them in the fridge for a couple days before planting them in 1L pots of ProMix. I planted the 10 best ones and 7 survived. Gave 4 to a buddy, kept one for a mom and set two to veg then flower in my basement grow room. One using AN nutes and the other using MegaCrop. The AN one is bigger and seems to be growing bigger buds too. Both of them have serious yellowing and dropping leaves so it must be the strain. I gave each a good dose of REMO nutes and caused some nute burn so they don't lack for food. I had a strain do that a few years ago and it drove me nuts trying to figure out what was going on but when I flowered a clone from it the same thing happened. I'll be flowering a couple clones off the mum on the next batch and see if it does it again.

This is at 34 days 12/12 and now it's 40 days so almost 6 weeks. I got a feeling these will be done in 2 weeks or less and I'll be back in trim jail for a week. Just got finished cropping my big outdoor girl a few days ago and my hands are still sore but that's arthritis for ya.

Megacrop on the left, AN on the right. Under a 600W Hortilux Super HPS. The lowest branches far left and far right are the ones getting the STS spray. Look better than the unsprayed ones. lol

MBK221020-34days.JPG

I want to make a bunch of fem auto seeds for growing outside next year. I have a few strains to play with. Mostly hi-CBD ones.

:peace:

Get some supports in place for the oncoming stretch! Mine went from about 12" tall to over 4 feet. :eek:
Yes and thank you for the reminder, I have a large tomato cage I will be putting around it. It will be able to hold up branches on the inside and I’ll be able to hang off of the rings outside if necessary.
A buddy gave me a dozen cuttings he had in a bubble cloner he was about to toss out. He sells to commercial growers
Sounds like a good buddy to know!

Sounds like a good buddy to know!

He is but thinks like Trump so we don't get into much discussion that's not about pot. Got free thrips with those cuttings too but I knew they were there. also got a bunch of seeds off him when I picked up those cuttings.

50+ Sensi Star
20 {(NL x Purple Indica) x Bubble Gum}
15 Violator Kush X Strawberry Banana Kush
18 Sugar Black Rose, Early Edition. Gave me an eighth of the bud from that and it is f'n kick-ass bedtime pot so popping some of those pretty damn soon.
A few hundred 1000 year old tobacco seeds that a buddy of his germinated some but didn't grow them out. I'm gonna try some next summer and see what happens.

My fave from him is a Hindu Kush cutting he gave me a couple years ago. Turns almost black at the end and has a really nice laid back kind of buzz that puts a smile on my mug so will be growing more of those and making fem pollen with it.

HinduKushCrop07.jpg

Got a shitload of new other strains to try out too. Lot of CBD but some good THC ones both in fem, auto and regular. One called Maui Sunshine that has the old Maui Wowie as one of it's parents.

So many strains, so little time. :( :)

What’s up DAB,
Nice work with the GA3! And thank you again to @The Celt . Such an easy process compared to a month of CS applications.

I’m in to check out what happens to your clone. As you know, I’ve got my own reversal pollinating itself currently. it’s all so much fun!
:yummy::morenutes:

Turns almost black at the end and has a really nice laid back kind of buzz that puts a smile on my mug so will be growing more of those and making fem pollen with it.
That’s awesome! I was not able to lower my temps too much throughout flower, I imagine that’s how the colour came out in yours?
I’m in to check out what happens to your clone. As you know, I’ve got my own reversal pollinating itself currently. it’s all so much fun!
Yes Chef! All for science haha!

The stretch is strong with this one! I labelled the branches with which solution they were sprayed with, the tops closest to the label is the corresponding branch.

Only been flipped for four days and already can see a significant stretch. The tomato cage is in place for added support.

No sign of lady balls yet.

I hope everyone had a safe Halloween and don’t forget about the time change today!! Question: does anybody change their lighting timers with the time changes?

That’s awesome! I was not able to lower my temps too much throughout flower, I imagine that’s how the colour came out in yours?

Nope. Didn't do anything special with her. That's just her natural colour. You can't make a plant go purple with cooler temps unless it has the genes to go purple. She definitely has purple genes up the wahzoo.

ISS-B_Hindu_AK47Texted.jpg

Keep an eye on those sprayed limbs mate, they are likely to stretch 2x as much as the others if not more
Oh yes, I’m letting her stretch out as much as she’s wants now. It really is amazing how far it’s gone already, fingers crossed it’s not for nothing!!

Am I correct in expecting pollen sacs on the sprayed branches at every location a female flower would have formed?

Am I correct in expecting pollen sacs on the sprayed branches at every location a female flower would have formed?
Yes, she will produce pollen sacs there but as she matures, in the last couple weeks, you may see pistilate flowers develop above the pollen sacs.

12 days post flip update

Measured from the top of the soil to the top of the sprayed limbs is 36” this is a 7” growth from one week ago, a stretch of 1” per day!!

I have not spun her at all so the sprayed limbs are still in the same spots as the last photos. They have overgrown the natural apex top by 4”

She’s starting to show pre-something. (I don’t want to call them pre-flowers) :)

Currently on 5g/gal MC, thinking I will be holding that steady.
Should I be adding bloom nutes such as terpinator with this reversal?

That is some crazy stretch

Yeah that’s wild. It turned into a willow, but she looks stellar!
Thanks guys, I’m glad the GA3 sprays seems to have done something at least, now the wait to see if we had a successful reversal!
Looks like something is starting to happen.
Yes indeed, and I’m only noticing now how terrible those pictures are, I’ll try to get some clearer shots with a better camera tonight.

Are you seeing any difference in sexual development between the different dilutions?
So far no difference in development, they seem to all be at the same stage. I’d say they are even at the same stretch rate.

I don't use bloom nutes with MC, but if you aren't going to be smoking anything off this plant then feel free to skip it.
Nothing will be consumed from this plant, I shall be leaving it out of the feeding regiment.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom