Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Update
July 2
Day - 60/ Flower Day - 11

What’s goin on everyone! I hope your all well, warm, and medicated! To start things off today I’ve got a few photos of the 20:1 CBD girls that have been residing in my drybox this past week! I’m officially out of room in all my tents and I’m patiently waiting for these Autoflowers to finish off and give me a bit more room!

Next up is the 4x4!! With all these lovely ladies continuing to stretch it’s becoming quite the scene opening up the tent! Beautiful thick stalks and massive healthy leaves these girls are going to be pretty impressive in a few weeks time I think! I’ve put together a little chart showing the growth so far from the start of flower until yesterday evening when I measured again! Some of these girls have already almost doubled in size and still have a week+ left of Stretch! :eek: They will all need a good defoliation once stretch has stopped to help focus on the upper growth and create better airflow. I’m not touching them for a bit yet to let the stretch finish off before doing a heavy defoliation.
Let’s check some numbers!!

Chemovar
Flower D-1
Flower D-10
Wedding Cake #2
16”​
35.5”​
Wedding Cake #4
19”​
37”​
BadAzz Kush #1
15.5”​
30”​
BadAzz Kush #2
17”​
29.25”​
Canuk Cookies #1
16.5”​
30.5”​

These criticals are way bigger than my last 2x and I’m excited to see how they perform with MegaCrop instead of my AN lineup! So far they are stacked up and looking fantastic!!

Now my 3x3 tent is a bit sad today. After turning on the 3rd SP-150 yesterday I’ve noticed a couple have been light stressed so I backed the lights off about 4” for now. They are currently sitting 20” above the canopy with all 3x SP-150s on!! Now not only are a few looking a bit light stressed but I have noticed I’m getting some tip burn and damage to a couple of leaves on a few of the plants. From what I can tell it’s an excess of “K” and I believe it is from my last feeding where I went a little higher on my MegaCrop (6.0g/Gal) and added in 1gram of SweetCandy which is “0-0-16”.

I fed my 4x4 girls with a similar feeding but they are all much bigger and also in the beginning of flower.

This is the first time I’ve encountered an issue with an overdose of feeding. Until now I have always been feeding light but I’ve been pushing these girls on the MegaCrop to see what my upper limits are!

Now my course of action to revert and fix this problem is to flush all the effected plants with a good soaking of water mixed with a “LOW” dose of MegaCrop. I was reading about dealing with this problem earlier and with MegaCrop being a complete feed regime it will work best with a light feed-flush. Allowing up to a week before increasing the feed again and finding my max level.

If anyone has any thoughts/opinions on this matter please let me know otherwise I’ll be taking this course of action tomorrow to begin flushing and resetting!

Again this problem only showed on 4 of the 8 girls in the 3x3 so it’s not a massive problem. With a good flush and low feed they should bounce back and get back on track before flip day in about a weeks time!

A few pictures for your eyes to help diagnose! It’s only the upper leaves that are getting effected with the burns and lower leaves are slightly wilted. This lead me to believe it was a “K” overage...

Lastly I will be transplanting the clones tomorrow into their first soil homes and giving them all a light feeding to settle them in! I’ll be taking cuttings from the girls in the 3x3 this weekend as long as they are all healthy and doing better.

That’s about it for this update!
Stay Medicated!

I truly believe that those products were designed when they were selling MC 1.0 which didn't have the K the 2.0 has.

I'd be careful on the huge increase in K given the already high K in the MegaCrop base. A nitrogen lockout becomes a real possibility.

Even adding 1tsp/gal 0-0-4 silica bumped me into lockout. When your plant wants more, bump the MC g/gallon and skip the boosters leftover from the old product. It throws the NPK ratio completely out of whack.

I truly believe that those products were designed when they were selling MC 1.0 which didn't have the K the 2.0 has.

I'd be careful on the huge increase in K given the already high K in the MegaCrop base. A nitrogen lockout becomes a real possibility.

Even adding 1tsp/gal 0-0-4 silica bumped me into lockout. When you want plant wants more, bump the MC g/gallon and skip the boosters leftover from the old product. It throws the NPK ratio completely out of whack.

Thanks for the input Shed! I’ve been wondering if the boosters where meant for the Original MC1.0! The boosters add quite a big jump of PK which I’ll be limiting and cutting out from here on. I’ll be running test samples next round with a specific Pheno to find the do’s and donts of MC2.0 and the different boosters like BudExplosion and SweetCandy.

So would you suggest my course of action is correct then to fix this issue? Good flush tomorrow with a light dose of MegaCrop? I was going to flush using 3g/Gal?!

Fingers crossed for a quick rebound!

I was all readyvto help but Shed saved the day with the exact right answer...
I love you guys.
Here shed... White Widow heart starter....
:passitleft:Dutchman, nice grow.... You two finish that...

I was all readyvto help but Shed saved the day with the exact right answer...
I love you guys.
Here shed... White Widow heart starter....
:passitleft:Dutchman, nice grow.... You two finish that...
Thanks Low! Don’t mind if I do! :blunt:

I’ll be flushing the girls in the 3x3 today with 9Gals of water and then feeding them with 5.0g/Gal of MegaCrop for the last one! Fingers crossed this reverts any salt or “k” buildups I have and these ladies can get back to their regular schedules grow haha

Nute issue aside, the rest of your garden looks fantastic! :welldone:

Update
July 4
Day - 62/ Flower Day - 13

What’s growin’ on everyone!!! Another long Thursday has finally started to wind down and we are another day closer to the weekend!

I’ve got some good news and some pictures and some.... well let’s just get into it!

Right so first off is the 4x4!! These girls are beautiful lovely and getting BIG! With tomorrow closing out week 2 of stretch I can already see that a few have slowed down and begun to focus on budding. The criticals especially! I was a bit out of it when watering so I forgot to take individual pictures but here’s a tent shot of the girls today BEFORE watering!!

Next up is the 3x3 girls who got the flush yesterday! From what I can tell they have perked up and turned back into their healthy green selves! The damage is still noticeable on a few but I’ll be keeping a close eye to make sure we’re in the clear and back on track! Have a look for yourself and tell me what you think!?!

For the final chapter of this update we have the Purple Gorilla Autos! Tomorrow will be the last day for PGa1 who will be harvested over the weekend at some point. PGa2 will remain for another week or so to ripen more and fill out them buds! Here’s some PGa1 bud shots and Closeups!

Anywho that’s another one down, with many more to come!

Stay Medicated my friends!

High Dutch - nice intervention and recovery there :thumb: Nice to hear you got in a getaway with your lovely other too, no better way to unplug and destress. You have so much going on in your garden - do have a regular job as well? :hmmmm: Must all keep you pretty busy most of the time!

Yea think fine today, looking very healthy!
Thanks Penny! From the looks of it they all benefited from the flush and ate looking better! Onwards and upwards!

High Dutch - nice intervention and recovery there :thumb: Nice to hear you got in a getaway with your lovely other too, no better way to unplug and destress. You have so much going on in your garden - do have a regular job as well? :hmmmm: Must all keep you pretty busy most of the time!
Hi Amy!! It was a really nice time to get away, de stress and disconnect from the world for a few days! The garden is definitely busy and has been keeping me active after work!

Work... yes I do work full time but luckily I run my own business ( I am a general contractor ) so I can make my own hours most of the time and leave me employees to continue the job. It helps with taking vacations and tending to other duties!!

Like my zen garden :high-five:

Update
July 6
Day - 64/ Flower Day - 15

Whats up everyone! Happy Saturday!

I’ve got a quick update today cause I’m busy busy but I couldn’t miss it!

BOTH Autoflowers were moved from the tent and put into a dark spot for now until I can harvest them (tomorrow)!
Here’s the last photos of PGa1 before removing I’ll post PGa2 tomorrow!

Flowering girls look absolutely gorgeous and my critical+2.0 already have some nice early frost happening!! Here’s a glimpse and a video coming tomorrow!!

Tomorrow I’ll be transplanting the clones into pots!! Using some mykos on the roots and good feed should set them off right! Lots of root pictures to come!

Next is the 3x3! I moved the 20:1 CBD girls in there today to start building them up and getting them bigger as well as Wedding Cake #1!!

Off to my sister-in-laws bday party!

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Back
Top Bottom