Hey Dutch!

OK, So I did a little test. Press two 7 gram plugs, one was one inch, the second was 1/2 inch. I tried hand pressing the first one (1 inch) but could not get it small enough to get into my machine, so had to lightly squeeze the puck with my fly vice. The second (1/2 inch) was packed tight by the fly vice.

One Inch
20190507_125119 (3).jpg

20190507_125638 (2).jpg

20190507_125747 (2).jpg

20190507_125954 (2).jpg

1/2 inch
20190507_125045 (2).jpg

20190507_130441.jpg

20190507_130633 (2).jpg

20190507_130818 (2).jpg

20190507_131045.jpg

Top 1.143 grams, Bottom 1.012
20190507_135928.jpg

This was not scientific, but this test showed the more compressed puck got 0.131 grams more out of the same press time. Only difference could the the pressure applies, no gauge on my 6 ton pump to get consistent pressure.

Hey Dutch!

OK, So I did a little test. Press two 7 gram plugs, one was one inch, the second was 1/2 inch. I tried hand pressing the first one (1 inch) but could not get it small enough to get into my machine, so had to lightly squeeze the puck with my fly vice. The second (1/2 inch) was packed tight by the fly vice.

One Inch
20190507_125119 (3).jpg

20190507_125638 (2).jpg

20190507_125747 (2).jpg

20190507_125954 (2).jpg

1/2 inch
20190507_125045 (2).jpg

20190507_130441.jpg

20190507_130633 (2).jpg

20190507_130818 (2).jpg

20190507_131045.jpg

Top 1.143 grams, Bottom 1.012
20190507_135928.jpg

This was not scientific, but this test showed the more compressed puck got 0.131 grams more out of the same press time. Only difference could the the pressure applies, no gauge on my 6 ton pump to get consistent pressure.
Nice test gr! Be interesting to narrow it down a bit more with pressure gauges and exact timing! This could prove to be useful for sure!!

Yeah, as I said that was not scientific, but as close as I could get.
Got to make me at least $500 in Rosin before I can upgrade, :bongrip: , and get a pump I can put a gauge on.
I don't sell anything at all, but I figure what it would take if I was buying it and once I make that amount of Rosin I can upgrade. :)

Yeah, as I said that was not scientific, but as close as I could get.
Got to make me at least $500 in Rosin before I can upgrade, :bongrip: , and get a pump I can put a gauge on.
I don't sell anything at all, but I figure what it would take if I was buying it and once I make that amount of Rosin I can upgrade. :)

Hahaha, I don't even know if they sell this shit, and if they do how much does it cost. I don't get out much, :)

Hahaha, I don't even know if they sell this shit, and if they do how much does it cost. I don't get out much, :)

OK, they do sell it, wow.
I am close to paying for my press. :high-five:
At the prices I just saw. 45 to 60 dollars per gram, I have had the press for less than a week and already have about 5 or so grams of Rosin.

I do enjoy Rosin and I have noticed that I have less coughing and less buildup in my lungs smoking Rosin compared to joints or bowl's.

Anyone use Rosin pressing gear or just buy sheets of micron fabric? I'm trying to make a humidor with a screen kief box below out of a cigar box and cant seem to find good 100micron fabric without cuts or creases to use as a small sheet. I either have to buy a roll of 500 sq ft of it or coffee filters which wouldn't work. Where do you guys get your stuff at?

Anyone use Rosin pressing gear or just buy sheets of micron fabric? I'm trying to make a humidor with a screen kief box below out of a cigar box and cant seem to find good 100micron fabric without cuts or creases to use as a small sheet. I either have to buy a roll of 500 sq ft of it or coffee filters which wouldn't work. Where do you guys get your stuff at?
I buy all my filter bags from a company called supreme rosin here in Canada but if your looking for a fine screen try a head shop. They usually sell them now adays for using on blast tubes for herbal extraction. They come in small rolls usually 12”x24”

Well I decided to do one last press before my big Wedding trip so I hope you enjoy!

This is some super terpene rich flower with an incredible uplifting high! I was extremely excited to press it out after seeing how it pressed I was very happy!

Bring your drool buckets! Enjoy!

Pure Sativa

Dude omg at first that looks like melted cheese lol then it looks like hardened honey. But jesus man I'm jellyrolln hard over here lmao. Congrats that looked so tastey. How much flower/bud did u use to get that much return?

I’m back and have been squeezing but haven’t done any vids yet! I’ll be sure to do a nice few squeeze videos back to back this weekend though! I’ve got all my flowers cured nicely now so I’ll be doing some Crystal Candy and Critical+2.0 rosin this weekend!
:drool:
Cant wait and I hope your all well! If anyone has any questions regarding my technique or how I press let me know and I can make a tutorial video on my process!

I’m not an expert by any means but have found a consistent way of getting 20-25% return with 1st Press at multiple temp ranges! There is a few tricks to getting a good press out of your material!

Stay Medicated and videos to come!
I'm all caught up Dutch, congratulations. I would love to see a tutorial, I am new at all this and have only done a couple presses. I know the returns are strain specific and I haven't weighed them but from the looks of it you are getting a lot more the I am, so any tips would be awesome. Thanks

I know around where I'm living if someone travels to a different state an actually gets some from a dispensary then it goes for 70$ to 100$ usd for a gram. And when I make my shizzel drizzle plant matter davs lol it's not actually that bad I jus use the hairstraightner method so it's not quite as good as all ur guys but every1 still wants it and if i got rid of all of it they wud take it lol but i get rid of mine right around 30 to 45$ usd a gram.

Dude omg at first that looks like melted cheese lol then it looks like hardened honey. But jesus man I'm jellyrolln hard over here lmao. Congrats that looked so tastey. How much flower/bud did u use to get that much return?
Thanks brother!! It smoked amazing and was a really heady high!! 7grams of bud at 62% RH!

I'm all caught up Dutch, congratulations. I would love to see a tutorial, I am new at all this and have only done a couple presses. I know the returns are strain specific and I haven't weighed them but from the looks of it you are getting a lot more the I am, so any tips would be awesome. Thanks
Hey @eggsman and thanks a ton for all the love! I’ll be sure to compile a tutorial of how I do things in the next week or so and get it on here!

How are you guys consuming it?
Right now I have a Chinese knock off nectar collector small titanium straw.
I have a silicon hand pipe with a large titanium straw, that hits like a monster. I have a silicon bowl w/glass bowl (never used). I really need a glass bowl attachment for my water pipe.
I’m just putting my squeeze in a silicon storage container and hitting with a straw.
I’ll pop a few gummies and hit it a few times.
I believe it to be one of the best and fastest ways to consume meds. I haven’t needed to smoke a bowl or joint in weeks...
:passitleft:

I have a silicon hand pipe with a large titanium straw, that hits like a monster. I have a silicon w/glass bowl (never used). I really need a glass bowl attachment for my water pipe.
I’m just putting my squeeze in a silicon storage container and hitting with a straw.
I believe it to be one of the best and fastest ways to consume meds. I haven’t needed to smoke a bowl or joint in weeks...

I'm just using a quartz straw. And Bobby Z you're right I've had very little herb in the past couple of weeks myself it's just too easy to do in to use.

I have a silicon hand pipe with a large titanium straw, that hits like a monster. I have a silicon bowl w/glass bowl (never used). I really need a glass bowl attachment for my water pipe.
As soon as I bought my press I decided I was going to run all my flower and press it into rosin. I find it the easiest way to consume, fastest acting and strongest effects! I love my rosin and I love dabs!

I use a glass rig with a quartz banger and carb cap. Works fantastic and you can hit some monster globs with a thick banger bowl!

I'm just using a quartz straw. And Bobby Z you're right I've had very little herb in the past couple of weeks myself it's just too easy to do in to use.
I’ve tried nectar collectors but found they weren’t for me. I like a dab rig but that’s me personally! There’s a ton of ways to consume it!

Dude omg I'm dieing to get a dam press like now lol u have no idea watchn all u guys making this amazing rosin got me :drool:lol hey what was that strain and how much did u end up getting back if u dnt mind me askn? But yea great lookn shizz brother congrats.
Thanks man!
It was more of my critical+2.0 and I squeezed 7 grams got 1.65grams back which is 23.57%

Thanks man!
It was more of my critical+2.0 and I squeezed 7 grams got 1.65grams back which is 23.57%

Nice that seems to be a pretty decent return atleast from what I've seen here on 420. But from what I get with my p.o.s method lol it is fantastic but yea man congrats.

Back
Top Bottom