Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

no.. much closer to my 500th time I would think. :rofl:
Yeah the cloner thing can be tricky at times but I cut 50 clones but in rockwool using aloe method they always make it bye like 2nd week I’m switching to flower def always wanted to get to the cloner thing prob pull a chair an see how this turns out for ya

Quick question are u also adding root hormone to ur water like great white def would help a bit
no, but I do add a tablespoon of calmag about 5 days in... it seems to make the roots leap out of the stems sometimes.,, however this time it did not. I am also starting to think that a bit of a dark period in the lighting also helps, but until I see roots, all sorts of crazy ideas are floating around in my head.

I agree with you I’ve used greatwhite in dwc with amazing results I’m sure you will def figure this out no you got me scared no to run a cloner I was goin to the hydro store today to get a few parts to make my own

i would cover the bottom of the bubble cloner em. roots hit quicker in the dark.

i didn't find much difference using cloning gel or not in mine. i actually found it more effective if i applied the gel after they had been in the cloner a bit, otherwise they busted out the same as cuttings that had no gel.

i would cover the bottom of the bubble cloner em. roots hit quicker in the dark.

i didn't find much difference using cloning gel or not in mine. i actually found it more effective if i applied the gel after they had been in the cloner a bit, otherwise they busted out the same as cuttings that had no gel.
Now that’s killer info I didn’t even kno brother

Now that’s killer info I didn’t even kno brother

the key is piles of bubbles. you don't want the stems submerged or touching the surface of the water any more than a couple mil either, its the mix of moisture and air exposure that does it. the areocloners are generally better at it, as the stems never touch the surface of the water.

the key is piles of bubbles. you don't want the stems submerged or touching the surface of the water any more than a couple mil either, its the mix of moisture and air exposure that does it. the areocloners are generally better at it, as the stems never touch the surface of the water.
I keep my stems at a standard height and then I have drawn lines on the side of the cloner for my low and high points so I know when to add more water. At some point here, I should be getting lots of roots. The tub is red, so it is filtering some of the light, but I could make it darker with some duct tape and still be able to see the water level. That is a good suggestion, and I will do that today.

I keep my stems at a standard height and then I have drawn lines on the side of the cloner for my low and high points so I know when to add more water. At some point here, I should be getting lots of roots. The tub is red, so it is filtering some of the light, but I could make it darker with some duct tape and still be able to see the water level. That is a good suggestion, and I will do that today.

i put a mark on the container on the outside for the water level, then covered the container. can see the mark on the inside of the container to measure from the inside. if i trim the cuttings to a couple inches from the bottom of the plug, they'll sit at the correct level.

I pulled out the blue painter's tape and went to work on the bubble cloner. Significantly less light is now hitting the root zone than before. It certainly can't hurt.

The clones are still hanging in there, looking a bit worse for the wear, but still strong and not molding. I think on a couple I already see those little globule areas starting to form... we will see.

DSCF8440.JPG

The grow room build has slowed a bit lately to make room for some other things, plus it has been raining all last week. When it got hot again for a few days I had a heat problem in the bloom room, it got up to 99 in there because without doors, I was not able to suck the heat out of that room. There is a vent cut in the wall down low that was supposed to do that, but not only was it in the wrong place (needs to be up high) but it was letting light in during the bloom nighttime from the other side. Regular furnace vents didn't block the light, and something needed to be done immediately to vent the heat out of the sealed up room.

Flex ducting was brought in to the rescue, and I employed another one of my Can Fans as a room extractor. The intake side was stapled up near the ceiling and then led down through the hole in the baseboard to the other side, and then pumped directly into the mother room where the CanFilter is pumping air out of the window. It is working, and now the temperature on a fairly warm day is staying much closer to 79 degrees.

DSCF8442.JPG
DSCF8443.JPG
DSCF8441.JPG

And here is a tease to my other threads...
Two more have been moved to the bloom room today!

DSCF8444.JPG

By the way, I am sending off for some of the free 420 Magazine stickers to adorn my new grow rooms with. The link for information for these stickers is at Free 420 Magazine Stickers! and I will post pictures of the decorated rooms when the stickers arrive. Thank you @420 for this chance for more 420Mag Bling!

The clones are still hanging in there, looking a bit worse for the wear, but still strong and not molding. I think on a couple I already see those little globule areas starting to form... we will see.

they'll go. for tough ones i found it took 10 days to 2 wks at the outside. some were looking pretty horrible last time, but they all pulled through.

with you're touch, i'm surprised they haven't pulled themselves out the cloner, walked over to the seedling cups, and planted themselves ..... :p

they'll go. for tough ones i found it took 10 days to 2 wks at the outside. some were looking pretty horrible last time, but they all pulled through.

with you're touch, i'm surprised they haven't pulled themselves out the cloner, walked over to the seedling cups, and planted themselves ..... :p
You were more confident than I... but I do have good news. 4 of the plants, 2 of each, definitely now have recognizable roots starting to grow. Several of the others look like they are on the verge. This has been the longest I have ever gone with a clone, trying to get it started before it died!

I will grab some pictures in the morning... I am off tomorrow and will have some time to get some work done upstairs. With any luck I will get the last 2 doors hung and some mylar up in the veg rooms. The bloom room, powered by the @NextLight MEGA is mostly completed now and that huge reflective 12x6 space is something to behold. If I have enough mylar left over, I am even going to do the ceiling!

Back
Top Bottom