Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Rooms - 2020-2021

9 days before Christmas and Em has lost her mind lol your gonna be busy i think.
first we need to get them to come up... and then the Poison Daddy's and the Hippy Hash are regulars... so the total plant count numbers could get "weeded" out in that process too... but yes, 9 individual strains and all their phenos certainly could get interesting.

Things are actually quite well organized these days, as compared to the mess while were were building the rooms and working on creating clones. My calendar is actually looking a little empty. I have Durban's harvest window open up today, watering and fertilizing just happened and two sets of newly blooming plants are a month apart.

1608653533548.png

What isn't shown on this calendar is the twice a day sprayings of the 15 new seedlings, the watering and training as needed of the Durban clones and any trimming and maintenance needed on the 4 mother plants, not to mention the large amount of soil reclamation, sterilization and management ahead of me in cleaning up from the first round, regular movement of water into the 2000L storage and de-chlorination barrel upstairs in the grow area, and the daily burping and moisture management of the curing and drying of the individual harvests, all being done in their own time.

It does get complicated running so many different lines at one time and if I didn't love it so much, it would seem like a lot of work some days. When things are going right, I can get these chores done in just a few minutes and sometimes not even check on the garden for a day or two, but then there are days like yesterday when the gardens are going to need 20 gallons of water, all hand delivered, 3 cups at a time.

Merry Christmas Emilya.
We probably will never agree on some aspects of politics but
there is a lot more to life than that.
You have really helped me in the grow room
over the last 8 months and I want you to know how much
this old liberal appreciates your knowledge and willingness
to share.
:Namaste:
Thank you very much @SeniorMoments, you have just made my day! Merry Christmas to you and yours! I send you wishes of hope and joy and good health, along with getting everything you want from Santa!

When we are discussing our plants, hopefully we can all find a way to put politics aside. It helps to realize that our plants really don't care whether we personally believe in the trickle down theory or the filter up theory, or something else altogether different... they just want to be fed. While I may hold different opinions than you on any number of things, when I see a fellow green thumbed hand reaching out to me in friendship, that which we have in common, our love of gardening, is the ONLY thing that is important.

“Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars, and whether they had one, or not, upon thars.” "The Sneeches" ---Dr. Suess

Thank you very much @SeniorMoments, you have just made my day! Merry Christmas to you and yours! I send you wishes of hope and joy and good health, along with getting everything you want from Santa!

When we are discussing our plants, hopefully we can all find a way to put politics aside. It helps to realize that our plants really don't care whether we personally believe in the trickle down theory or the filter up theory, or something else altogether different... they just want to be fed. While I may hold different opinions than you on any number of things, when I see a fellow green thumbed hand reaching out to me in friendship, that which we have in common, our love of gardening, is the ONLY thing that is important.
This 3 times potted auto sends Christmas cheer
C05B29A5-DC8E-4726-AE69-86D1BB5325AB.png
D6194CCD-6F59-4895-B3C2-5419E2556D9C.png

This 3 times potted auto sends Christmas cheer
Merry Christmas, Emilya! I hope the holiday season is treating you well.
Thank you guys and Merry Christmas! It has been a very nice time here at our house and I hope it has been at yours too!

Today Veg Room #1 is in full swing and we are starting to see our new seedlings popping up. This time, all I did was to put the seeds into cups of water for 24 hours... well maybe it was a bit longer than that, but until I saw some tails in most of them... and then I planted them 1 inch down in Happy Frog. I am still hopeful for the couple of holdouts but so far with this abbreviated method I have 5/5 poison daddy's up, 3/4 Hippy Hash, 3/3 Wedding Cake and 2/3 Do-Si-Do... but so far at 87% success rate (and last time too), I am giving up on the paper towel step.

DSCF8910.JPG

The method is further validated with a 93% success rate. All but one seed is up out of 15, one of the Hippy Hash, and I believe those were old seeds.

Dos si dos
DSCF8914.JPG

Hippy Hash
DSCF8915.JPG

Poison Daddy
DSCF8912.JPG

Wedding Cake
DSCF8913.JPG

The Durban clones are responding to their training well..
DSCF8917.JPG

And the mothers might need a little water with their geoflora this morning
DSCF8916.JPG

The method is further validated with a 93% success rate. All but one seed is up out of 15, one of the Hippy Hash, and I believe those were old seeds.

Dos si dos
DSCF8914.JPG

Hippy Hash
DSCF8915.JPG

Poison Daddy
DSCF8912.JPG

Wedding Cake
DSCF8913.JPG

The Durban clones are responding to their training well..
DSCF8917.JPG

And the mothers might need a little water with their geoflora this morning
DSCF8916.JPG
Those Durban's are looking great - especially since we know their rhizosphere is happy ;)
Any DYNOMYCO in the mix with the new seedlings?
Could prove helpful to those young roots.
Looks great @Emilya well done! :goodjob:

Those Durban's are looking great - especially since we know their rhizosphere is happy ;)
Any DYNOMYCO in the mix with the new seedlings?
Could prove helpful to those young roots.
Looks great @Emilya well done! :goodjob:
Oh absolutely! I should have mentioned that I have used 1 tablespoon of DynoMyco in each solo cup and that I will use more of it when I finally uppot these plants. The seeds were planted about 1 inch down. About an inch below that, I stopped packing in the new soil to spread that tablespoon of myhcrobial goodness across the surface , before continuing to pack the soil in to near the top lip. Essentially, the plants only have an inch to grow downward before they run into the myco, and that should really help to develop the roots mid level in the cup as well as elsewhere as the water carries it all over.

This morning I would like to share the results of all of this hard work the last few months in converting my attic room into multiple grow rooms and then undertaking our first full legal limit grow without really being prepared for it and during the construction. Lots of lessons have been learned in this process and at times things did not go as well as I would have liked, but we got through it, and now have round II already beginning to finish out in the bloom room, and round III starting to develop in the Veg room, and the springtime outdoor garden grow ready to transplant into large containers from the Mother room and go outside into the warm spring sunlight as soon as the local weather cooperates.

So here is round one, all dried (mostly) and in the curing jars. Approximately 2/3 of the product is now stabilized down in the curing zone and the rest are still being aggressively burped each day until we get down to 65 and steady. All of the product turned out well... but some has turned out to be excellent smoke and some of the strongest we have seen for a while. Despite all of the hours and all of the hard work getting this accomplished, it was worth it. What you see here is what is left after 3 months of sampling and minus 1oz of Gummy Bear buds to make oil and some edibles. The Deep Cheese went first... there is only 1/2 oz left of that most excellent smoke, but never fear... more is due to be harvested in around 20 days! Gummy Bears took another big hit and also is down to 1/2 oz of stash. The early Durban Poison I pheno turned out to be a very enjoyable Indica pheno, and it too has been pillaged... we are down to about 2 oz of it, now starting to get some good cure into it.

So here is the entire collection... where even after unfettered sampling we are still looking at about 29.5 oz in our pot pantry, with more on the way very soon.

2020harvestF.png

Highya Emmie,

Love the presentation of your stash! Very orderly, concise, well documented. Thank you for that.

The Chiefs are looking good for the superbowl. What do you think? Happy Smokin'

Highya Emmie,

Love the presentation of your stash! Very orderly, concise, well documented. Thank you for that.

The Chiefs are looking good for the superbowl. What do you think? Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! That means a lot coming from you. The Chiefs have a very good shot at it, but Buffalo scares me a bit... they are for real and no doubt took great issue with the drubbing our young hero gave them earlier in the season. Let's see how the playoffs go!

Veg, Day 12
Here is an update on our various little veggers. I think I have realized that in order to avoid some of this early mottling that I have been seeing, is to start pre treating the soil in my cups with @GeoFlora Nutrients so as to get the organic feeding cycle started, before the plants need to rely on it.

These plants are catching up, and even the one Hippy Hash that looked like it wasn't going to make it, now has greened up and looks like it is still fighting to survive. It is shown here in the first photo... the one with the yellow cotylydons. The other plants are just going nuts with rapid growth.

DSCF8969.JPG
DSCF8968.JPG
DSCF8967.JPG
DSCF8966.JPG
DSCF8965.JPG

Back
Top Bottom