Enr0n's Grow From Scratch On A Budget

Watered yesterday, soaked the entire bag to very slowly. Used 10ml per gal of FF Grow big. It took over 20 gal of water to soak all 3 7 gal bags. Had minimal run off mostly weeping from the side of the bag. This monring took a overall health look and inspection for signs of sex. PW has a leaf that is curling a bit but it's and older leaf? CG1 has a tiny bit of brown on the side of the leaf, here again watching. Overall they are looking good to me.
CG1.jpg
CG2.jpg
PW.jpg

Now the sides for inspection of Sex. I can't tell but no nanners yet.
SMCG1.jpg
SMCG2.jpg
Pibeurt.jpg

@VetSmoke85 @PK1 I think I have a N deficiency. All 3 plants are showing yellowing on the tips of the oldest leaves. That and PW has the edges of the leaves curling slightly. CG2 Is a lighter shade of green than CG1. So far the nutes they have had are:
Date Nutes
09-03 FF Microbe at full strength (1-0.3-0.2)
09-05 FF Grow Big at full strength (6-4-4)
CG1 Tip.jpgCG1 Tip2.jpgCG2 Tip.jpgPW Curl.jpg

AS far as I know it is and hate to admit it but I can't find the meter. :( Got to looking further and nute burn looks a lot like not enough. But The soil has been drying out since I last watered them and I am thinking it might be a combination of nutes and waterlogged. Will see how they go and all time will tell. Thanks.:thumb:

AS far as I know it is and hate to admit it but I can't find the meter. :( Got to looking further and nute burn looks a lot like not enough. But The soil has been drying out since I last watered them and I am thinking it might be a combination of nutes and waterlogged. Will see how they go and all time will tell. Thanks.:thumb:

That's my struggle mate. A lot of these things look very similar and unless you've come across them many times It's hard to know. Like my current one it was all pointing to a mag deficiency but I'm now starting to think she was just hungry. Introduced more nutes on the last watering and the colour is looking better again.

Congrats on the mail! That’s terrific. They sound like awesome additions to any garden. I see the CG blurb has cat piss flavours listed as a feature :rolleyes:
No doubt you can cure out that chlorophyll/ammonia thing at the end.

I also ordered these CG seeds and grew them outdoors the year before last. We had a short season again and they didn't finish very well and I had very poor curing resources so I ended up with about a lb of street weed. It does have a nice buzz to it if you smoke a whole joint and while it doesn't have any nice flavor it is way above cat and has no chloro/ammonia taste. I made some good canna-butter with it anyway. I also have a bunch of Pibeurt seeds and have just soaked 6 of them, these are supposed to flower early so next year I may be able to get a good outdoor grow here in the far north if I get a nice female I can veg up for a mother.

I currently have an AK-47 clone flowering real nice in my back yard now, just hoping it will finish before frost comes along... it was a housewarming gift when we moved in just 3 mo ago.

IMG_0426.jpg

there can be bunch of factors. It can be ph fluctuation, light stress, potassium deff. im not sure if its N
whats the hight set for the light and what is the intensity at?
have you done a slurry test of your soil?
What kind of nutrients are you using and how much did you give last feeding?
maybe @InTheShed can shine a light on this?

I also noticed you give youur plants too much water. from last thursday you've been feeeding it every 2nd day based on your journal. i water mine when the bottom of the pot is dry to touch. usually every 7/8 days now

it was a housewarming gift when we moved in just 3 mo ago.
Congrats on the new digs. Yard looks real nice.
An Ak47? That’s a... heartwarming housewarming gift.
(couldn’t resist.)
Sounds like you’re getting some metaphorical firepower in your medicinal arsenal now. Good stuff.

there can be bunch of factors. It can be ph fluctuation, light stress, potassium deff. im not sure if its N
whats the hight set for the light and what is the intensity at?
have you done a slurry test of your soil?
What kind of nutrients are you using and how much did you give last feeding?
maybe @InTheShed can shine a light on this?

I also noticed you give youur plants too much water. from last thursday you've been feeeding it every 2nd day based on your journal. i water mine when the bottom of the pot is dry to touch. usually every 7/8 days now
Will start monitoring the water intake a bit more carefully. My intentions on soaking the entire bag last time I watered to to allow the tap root to start working it's way to the bottom of the bag. I knew that the interior of the bag would take more time to dry up but figured that the top would dry fast enough to allow the FFOF to dry and allow the roots to help in growth.
When the plant's 3x diameter reaches the outside edges of the container, water the entire container slowly, to saturation (runoff) for the first time. It will take a week or more for the plant to use all of that water on this first round, but you don't want the plant to sit idle all of that time either, or it will stagnate. It is time to change the watering pattern again.

I have been reviewing this link and here is my logic for watering the entire container.
Watering a plant in final container

Will start monitoring the water intake a bit more carefully. My intentions on soaking the entire bag last time I watered to to allow the tap root to start working it's way to the bottom of the bag. I knew that the interior of the bag would take more time to dry up but figured that the top would dry fast enough to allow the FFOF to dry and allow the roots to help in growth.

I have been reviewing this link and here is my logic for watering the entire container.
Watering a plant in final container

i'm sure emilya will explain it better than i would.

All I can do now is monitor and help them grow hopefully they are all female looked this morning but no definitive sign yet.:nerd-with-glasses:
too soon to tell the sex

are you going to top them?

Going to let them grow a bit then pinch the tops to try and double the bud area. I will also pinch the branches to get them to split into another tip also. I have an ultimate height of 4 to 5 ft tall. Yep that is a lot of plant for only 1 LED. Later this month after me birthday going to get another TS-1000 and extend the grow area. If all 3 of them are girls then I will just line them up under the lights so that the 3 ft veg area along with the 2.5 ft flowering area is covered.

I foresee the one in the middle not growing as vigorously due the the light coverage.

Well I will have to keep an eye on the Pibeurt. Had some good branch growth on the lower part of the plant in the last 24 hours. I probably have to use annealed copper wire to train the branches, will be doing some bonsai training on them. My abused outdoor plant is starting to get some good frosting but still no amber. Time will tell and help her reach her full potential. The lower buds have more color, the tops (last photo) still has a ways until maturity. Not concerned with the nute burn it only affected the lowest/oldest leaves.
20200908_133313.jpg
20200908_133601.jpg
20200908_133642.jpg
20200908_133702.jpg
20200908_133740.jpg

You are doing very well brother.
The Fox Farm nutrients have been very successful for me.
Just follow the schedule w/ each product listed.
I figure day one is when I see first leaf and I wait 2 weeks , at least , before starting Week 1 feed.
Make sure you do the flush every 3 weeks ( 3 x plant container ) as shown on schedule .
I skipped a flush and had some lock out because of salt build up. I use the Sledgehammer for flush.
I go a couple weeks extra during Veg ( I have the vertical room for that growth ) and just feed the same during those extra weeks. The FF schedule shows flipping @ Week 6 ? It’s up to you .
The plants will double in size during the stretch , after you flip , so take that into account.
I say Day 1 of flower is when I see some pistils. This is when I start feeding flip nutrients.
When I do flip lights I double check for ANY light leaks. ANY light leaks can cause hermies.
I learned this the hard way.
Make sure your timer is cool.
Consistency is the path to success.
During veg , you can get away with some screw ups ( some ) but as soon as you flip , don’t screw up.
Temps , RH , lighting , water , nutrients , PH , Are all critical.
I recommend following @Emilya for ALL watering and feeding .
For seedlings and older plants .
Her tutorial saved my last grow.
Water / feed / water / feed etc. SLOW .
Learn when to water and when not to.
During veg , the plants need a dry period.
Not so much during flower .
Topping , LST and other options to increase your yield should be considered.
just to easy not to do some of these .
Plenty of info and tutorials are here .
@InTheShed is a great resource for issues and problems.
Best of luck to you and hey , just enjoy the journey.
PS. All of the above is stuff I learned during 3 grows.
My opinions only.

Thanks, my wife says I'm being OCD over my medicine. I have to go outside to smoke ciggies and every time I do I check on them and log temp/rh in my notebook. :nerd-with-glasses: I have been all over the forums gathering information and all. I am following the schedule for the FF nutes. Since I have the dirty dozen starter pack I have what I believe are 99% of the nutes I will need. I am following the watering advice of @Emilya and it has helped a lot.

Another reason I picked a photo plant for my first indoor grow is that they are more resilient and you don't have the clock ticking away like you would with an auto. I know that I am going to have a SNAFU now and then but don't want a FUBAR.

My bookmarks include everything that I feel might happen and what I plan to do. In the future I might even cob some buds to play with increasing the effects. Glad to have all the help and happy grows to all yall.:cheer:

did you use your discount code through the sponsor?

Back
Top Bottom