Exploring the Microscopic World of Trichome Photography

I actually still had grow light on and camera has a separate led light ring that fits onto the zoom lens
I see now. Does the Led light ring have an adjustment for brightness? If you could control the white blow outs you would have a nice consistent lighting, like the left half of that first image. The trichomes can be seen nicely.
If there is a way to put a filter to diffuse the brightness on the light to tone it down some, that would be helpful to you. Maybe the grow light off and try that too, just long enough for your photo. I use a small led light taped to a hand help clamp, and move it back and forth to light where I want it. The Led flashlight has a piece of white silk taped over it to diffuse the bright light.
You could try a faster shutter speed as well, the faster the shutter speed the less light the camera captures, but helps control motion from camera shake and fans or whatever too.

They are certainly sugary!

I see now. Does the Led light ring have an adjustment for brightness? If you could control the white blow outs you would have a nice consistent lighting, like the left half of that first image. The trichomes can be seen nicely.
If there is a way to put a filter to diffuse the brightness on the light to tone it down some, that would be helpful to you. Maybe the grow light off and try that too, just long enough for your photo. I use a small led light taped to a hand help clamp, and move it back and forth to light where I want it. The Led flashlight has a piece of white silk taped over it to diffuse the bright light.
You could try a faster shutter speed as well, the faster the shutter speed the less light the camera captures, but helps control motion from camera shake and fans or whatever too.

They are certainly sugary!
Thankyou so much for the tips and tricks . This is what my kit looks like
SmartSelect_20240206-230335_AliExpress.jpg

Thankyou so much for the tips and tricks . This is what my kit looks like
SmartSelect_20240206-230335_AliExpress.jpg
That looks pretty cool. If you have an adjustment for the brightness of the led light ring, you might play around with that a bit, or try to tone it down. Maybe a piece of parchment or something cut to fit. Whatever works. I'm going to look that up and see what it's all about. :) I almost bought one of those light rings for my DSLR last year. Thought it would help get light onto bugs hiding in leaves and shade. They see you coming and head for dark places. LOL

That looks pretty cool. If you have an adjustment for the brightness of the led light ring, you might play around with that a bit, or try to tone it down
Yes it has a little dimmer dial.
At the start of this thread I linked to this one i purchase, there's 2 different models a red one with VGA plugs and the blue one i purchased with the HDMI plug

This one was taken way back in 2014-ish. I was doing some seed cultivation experiments on a couple of plants. I don't even remember what lens I used, probably a set of close up rings for my camera lens.
Not great, but I love how the seeds look nestled in their little calyxes.

This one's pretty special.

Back
Top Bottom