Fanleaf Tries For A TLO, True Living Organics, Grow With 6 Plants

I have heard that Master Hemp is incredibly high in CBD. Does it also have THC or is it CBD only? Lemme know if it works well. I have a lot of chronic pain and It sounds like it might be a good strain to keep around.
Supposed to be 12-16% CBD and only like 0.2%THC. Basically none. I had to buy a few to try them out in a separate tent eventually. If nothing else it might be good smoke for during the day when you don't feel like getting messed up but still get a very high amount of CBD

Have you decided on a final pot size yet??
I haven't. Before I lock in a pot size I thought I would see how well (big) they grow in about an 8 week veg and judge it from there.
I would like to give my 7 gallon air pots a good run with them. If they get big enough I'll go with the 7's and see how it goes. I have plenty of 5's, 7's, 10's and 13's on hand.
My feeling is that if I can get acceptable 7+oz from 7 gallon pots I would be happy.

:rofl:
Glad to see you getting going with this Fanleaf! This is going to be fun to watch, but what I am really looking forward to is when you are in the final bud stretch and you realize you are seeing buds like you never have before. Then, when you get it dried and cured, I greatly look forward to your smoke report!
:morenutes:
I am so very glad to see you here Em. Again, I am very excited to try this out. My last 6 to 8 Cycles have just gotten so routine that I could probably do with my eyes closed, so this will be really fun as I learn a new and perhaps, better way. Again, I'm really glad you're here because I'm going to need someone to keep their eye on me and what I'm doing:rofl:... After reading Revs book twice I'm feeling fairly confident but we will see. I'm going to do my best to strictly abide by the book while trying to not let my previous growing styles dictate this grow.
Thanks for sitting in!

This will be awesome to watch :) Ive been on the edge of switching to organic grows for a while now and it will be great to see what a grower of your skill can do with it.... I know its your first run, but experience counts for a lot.

As to the 50lbs of cow sht, you should bag it up and sell/trade it. This forum really needs a market..a place where we can trade/sell excess stuff....nothing illegal, just extra cobs/drivers/amendments/supplies etc... PM's work, but if you have 1000 extra pipettes its hard to find 50 people who need them that way...

This will be awesome to watch :) Ive been on the edge of switching to organic grows for a while now and it will be great to see what a grower of your skill can do with it.... I know its your first run, but experience counts for a lot.

As to the 50lbs of cow sht, you should bag it up and sell/trade it. This forum really needs a market..a place where we can trade/sell excess stuff....nothing illegal, just extra cobs/drivers/amendments/supplies etc... PM's work, but if you have 1000 extra pipettes its hard to find 50 people who need them that way...
You know what, I couldn't agree more! And there are so many things I have on hand because I work on electronics everyday for a living that I could let go of some of my stockpile and not put a dent in it. Over the years I've collected drivers out of the Mars LEDs and I have several brand new ldg drivers that I may use some day but at this point I have no idea. Heat sinks etc, 50 lb of cow crap LOL. I've got probably a few hundred feminized seeds of different strains that I just haven't gotten around to growing out yet that are between 2 and 4 years old that could be horse traded. Seeds maybe a little touch and go as far as legality goes but you are right, that would be awesome.

I haven't. Before I lock in a pot size I thought I would see how well (big) they grow in about an 8 week veg and judge it from there.
I would like to give my 7 gallon air pots a good run with them. If they get big enough I'll go with the 7's and see how it goes. I have plenty of 5's, 7's, 10's and 13's on hand.
My feeling is that if I can get acceptable 7+oz from 7 gallon pots I would be happy.
if I could produce 7 oz plants , even in 10 gal pots, i'd be very happy with that. :surf:

I just went and checked on all of the seeds that are in damp paper towel. 24-hours after putting them there, four of them already have taproot's. This means the next update today will include pictures of our seeds going into soil.
Hopefully the last two seeds sprout their Taproot by the time that comes. I would like to get all six put in soil at the same time if possible. So far, the Malawi X Panama has not sprouted a Taproot yet. I'm really hoping it does in the next 12 hours or so. It's only been 24 hours so I'm not worried about it yet.
We are waiting on the Malawi X Panama as well as one of the black Russian seeds.

If welcome, I’m in as well. Wild to see the amendments and subsequent condensation happening, have no doubt I’ll learn a lot.
I was thinking about this earlier. Adding all of the amendments in the soil and spending the time building it, is just the opposite for me. In all of my promix grows I am feeding usually twice a week and changing up the foods as the weeks progress.
This grow is just the opposite. You spend all of your time building the soil and in turn, theoretically, I should be able to do this grow start to finish with only water if I really wanted to. I will be Brewing some organic teas and topdressing the soil just to keep feeding the microlife and to introduce new batches of microlife but other than that, it should be quite simple throughout the grow.
As I do anything, or add anyting to our soil I will go over the ingredients and what their purpose is in as much detail as possible for everyone.

This is going to be a learning experience for me as well!

Highya FanLeaf,

I'm fascinated with organic growing! Always have been. Just makes sense to me. I've read Emmie's latest grow and learned about the Rev's book. Her grow is fascinating as well. It sounded like the same growing process. I also like that you well-document the details. Very easy to follow (you know us old folks, lol). I hope you get what you want from your ladies. Cheers

Here is today's update. I did have concerns on seed viability because the Black Russian seeds are approximately 2 - 4 years old. I honestly can't remember how long ago I got them. These were free seeds from Herbie's several years ago.

Anyways, after about 30 hours 6 out of 6 seeds have sprouted their Taproot.

What I did next was take a good size bowl of our True living soil and even though the goal is not to dilute the potency of the soil I added about 20% fresh earthworm castings and about 10% more pumice to the soil for the seedlings. Again the purpose was not to dilute the potency of the soil but by adding the fresh earthworm castings that will help inoculate the soil with a fresh batch of micro beasties. The pumice will help with aeration and drainage.

After mixing the additional earthworm castings with the pumice into the soil well I filled 6 starting pots with the soil. These starter pots are approximately 3"x3" and 3" deep.
At this stage, in their starter pots, we will not be doing any special bottom layers or top layers to the soil.

Once the pots we're filled with soil I used the end of a pair of scissors and made a dimple in the soil for our Taproot to Nestle in.

I always water the soil pretty good at this stage. So after I made a dimple in each pot I placed the seeds in Taproot down and with the top of the seed about a quarter inch below the soil surface. I very gently pack the soil around the Taproot with a finger. Then I sprinkle about a quarter inch of fresh soil on top of the seed and very lightly tap it down with a finger.
Now, we have all six seeds in their new home. These will be headed downstairs shortly and placed in the two by two tent with the Cree panel cranked up too high at 280 Watts and approximately 18 in above the pots. I will post a few pictures of them in their new home in the tent as soon as I take them downstairs.

Heres the new home for the babies. All setup in their temporary home. They are sharing it for now. I have two Auto flowers in there with them. 1 is a six shooter Auto and the other one is a crystal meth Auto.
In no time they will be basking under 280w of cob LED.

Actually I looked at the setup as soon as I was finished and decided to make a few slight changes so the tent will run like I normally have the environment handled.

I decided to put the Super Sonic humidifier and heater back inside the tent where I usually have them versus outside. I have built my own environment control boxes I will show a picture of. The little bitty purple heater is just a 100 watt heater but in a 2-foot by 2-foot tent does a fantastic job.
that heater is controlled by the silver digital temperature box in the second picture. I just closed back up the tent in the humidifier is catching back up to 55% where I like to run it for now.
If you look closely you can see the humidifier doing a fantastic job. The Mist is so fine that nothing ever gets damp.

when using humidifiers like this or the heater you can see I have tape over any lighted switches or in the humidifiers case the whole front panel.

I built that digital thermostat several years ago for this exact purpose. That way I can use really tiny heaters that don't have a built-in thermostat. This allows me to just turn the switch on the heater on at all times and let the thermostat control when the heater gets power or not. This gives me very precise control over the temperature in the tent at all times.

Back
Top Bottom