Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Mate, don't throw any uncrackers away.. stick in wet paper towel with drop of h2o2, water if it dries out.. had some sprout like this 28 later, almost 50 days from when first put into a shot glass..

Oh yeah sure. Good question. I see.
Seems like a reasonable conclusion from what fan said, I would bet maybe fan has other reason for believing it is AG.
I dunno? No worries. Still a cool grow of old seeds.
From what I gather there would have been no reason for him to have any other type. He had all he ever wanted or needed for free basically. He delt with it in bulk. If I could have only had half of the seeds that went through his hands...

Its all he ever did. There is a slight chance I could be wrong I guess...I just dont see it. Neither do family members.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Great update! Even with the radicle remaining a little stagnant, I'm sure it'll take off! I never would have thought to use rooting powder in germination.... How often do you emply this technique? Good results?
Its always used in Doc's Hi Brix style growing. Works very well. Like I said I dont think its a hormone really but rather a mineral mix that helps stimulate it.

Mate, don't throw any uncrackers away.. stick in paper towel with drop of h2o2, water if it dries out.. had some sprout like this 28 later, almost 50 days from when first put into a shot glass..
Will do!

Its always used in Doc's Hi Brix style growing. Works very well. Like I said I dont think its a hormone really but rather a mineral mix that helps stimulate it.

Very interesting! I would tend to agree with that theory. I have been doing 48 hour germination tests (not growing them out, just seeing if they will pop) with sample batches from a large clutch of old, old, OLD worthless and neglected junky trash seeds and two of my germination solutions that have shown promise have trace minerals added! Usually I see less than 20% success with water of most every different type (RO, bottled, de-ionized, tap, etc) both with and without most commonly available plant foods and supplements.... but 2 solutions with trace minerals and some other stuff have given me my best batches of 60% and 70%! I have not repeated the experiments enough to know for sure yet, but it's fun to mess with. It's neat to get old seeds to germ.

Very interesting! I would tend to agree with that theory. I have been doing 48 hour germination tests (not growing them out, just seeing if they will pop) with sample batches from a large clutch of old, old, OLD worthless and neglected junky trash seeds and two of my germination solutions that have shown promise have trace minerals added! Usually I see less than 20% success with water of most every different type (RO, bottled, de-ionized, tap, etc) both with and without most commonly available plant foods and supplements.... but 2 solutions with trace minerals and some other stuff have given me my best batches of 60% and 70%! I have not repeated the experiments enough to know for sure yet, but it's fun to mess with. It's neat to get old seeds to germ.

Very interesting. Very good research!

No good news yet guys. Im considering removing the seeds from the paper towel and putting them in a cup of water with a hint of H2O2 and aloe.
What do you guys think?
Ive never done that so im unsure of how much of each to use.

No good news yet guys. Im considering removing the seeds from the paper towel and putting them in a cup of water with a hint of H2O2 and aloe.
What do you guys think?
Ive never done that so im unsure of how much of each to use.

Ive never used em but it couldnt hurt. Anything to get this show on the road lol.

Hope they pop soon!

Question for you fanleaf... How many cree cxb3590s would you put in a 3x3 to get from seed to harvest...

Ive been looking at the pre-built kits from timber.

I like the idea of being pre built so i can learn whats going on and add on from there if i need or find the money to.

Im currently using a 600w hid

Would the 6 cob 300w system be enough for a 3x3 or 3x4 if positioned correctly?

Ok guys. I took the 3 from the paper towel. Made up a mix of reverse osmosis with aloe and a dash of H2O2. The 3 that were in the paper towel sank. I put 3 more fresh ones in there after roughing up the hulls a bit. Those 3 are floating right now.
420-magazine-mobile1710558162.jpg

Might as well experiment.. maybe add it to the wet paper towel next time.. patience will be key though..

Might as well experiment.. maybe add it to the wet paper towel next time.. patience will be key though..

Agreed
The 1 thing that concerns me is that the first seed that started to show a tap root and stopped. I'm wondering if that's a sign that the stored energy in the seed is about toast.
I won't give up on any of them yet that's for sure. I've been reading some on old seeds. Some even give them a very light dose of Nitrogen if they feel the energy in the seed is gone. We are nowhere near that desperate yet though.

I'm peepin'

Even if none of these seeds germinate fully, I would strongly recommend arranging a few to go to phylos bioscience The Phylos Galaxy - Phylos Bioscience so they can enter them into the galaxy and do an accurate genome identification.

I smoked my share of AG in the 70's too but had a sack of Colombian Gold seeds I stuck away...somewhere. I grew some outdoors in the late 70's guerilla-style and thought I'd saved them, but no idea where they are now. I'm pulling for you fanleaf.

Back
Top Bottom