Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

Interesting, I didn't know top dressing was an option with Osmocote.

You can topdress and scratch it into the first few inches of soil. I incorporated mine throughout the entire soil-less mix since I won't be watering from the top down with the SIP containers.

How big are you letting them get before up-potting ? I'd probably do it by the 3rd or 4th node so the roots can start growing toward the res. I'm going to start a couple Auto's straight in the 5 gal. SIP Bucket to see how well it goes this weekend if I can find the time. My 2 Cherry On Top I think will be done in 2 weeks.... 3 at very most. About 20 - 25% Red Hairs now.

How big are you letting them get before up-potting ? I'd probably do it by the 3rd or 4th node so the roots can start growing toward the res. I'm going to start a couple Auto's straight in the 5 gal. SIP Bucket to see how well it goes this weekend if I can find the time. My 2 Cherry On Top I think will be done in 2 weeks.... 3 at very most. About 20 - 25% Red Hairs now.

It will be well before the 3rd or 4th node. They're in Solo cups now and when the leaves hang over the edge of the cup about an inch I'll transplant.

You can topdress and scratch it into the first few inches of soil. I incorporated mine throughout the entire soil-less mix since I won't be watering from the top down with the SIP containers.
You will still have to Top Water occasionally. I add about 24 oz. a week through the top. Not much, but it keeps the upper 2" moist as it does tend to dry out. I do have 2 oscillating fans on the floor & Intake Air coming in through the bottom of my tent via Fan & Filter so that may be why mine dry out at the top 2".

Since I failed to mention earlier. The Osmocote product I am using is Osmocote Plus Indoor & Outdoor.

When supplementation is needed, I'll be using Greenway Biotech Cal-Mag+ (5ml per gal), and a Potassium supplement of my own concocting I call FN Special K. To make a batch, combine 75.7g of Muriate of Potash and 75.7g of Potassium Sulfate into 1 gal of distilled water. I'll be adding 20ml of FN Special K to a gallon of feed water.

You will still have to Top Water occasionally. I add about 24 oz. a week through the top. Not much, but it keeps the upper 2" moist as it does tend to dry out. I do have 2 oscillating fans on the floor & Intake Air coming in through the bottom of my tent via Fan & Filter so that may be why mine dry out at the top 2".
Why not add a mulch layer?

One of the two clip on fans refused to start again after they were turned off between crops. It was removed from the tent and discarded. When one goes, I feel the other is not far behind. These little things aren't built to run non-stop for much over a year. Instead of risking a fire, when I replace one, I replace both. They have already arrived and that's on the docket today.

Busy busy busy!

There's more time than there used to be with the job change, although I've been a bit of a slug the last couple weeks. Now I work 4 12's and then have 4 days off. Used to work either 5 or 7 days and then get 2 days off. If there was mandatory overtime, that would turn into a day and half off. By the time I get to day 4 off in a row now, I don't know what to do with myself.

Might try fixing the old fans! I tried that on an oscillating one and still ended up with a broken fan, but I'm not at all handy with things with motors.

I've resurrected a few computer fans, but that normally involves pealing a sticker for bearing access, blowing them out with air, and oiling them.

It's about $25 to replace the pair and I consider it just a cost of doing business.

Might try fixing the old fans! I tried that on an oscillating one and still ended up with a broken fan, but I'm not at all handy with things with motors.

For shits and gigs, after I got home I played with the old one. It wouldn't turn over, just hum a little. Took off the front grill. Removed the blades and washed them. Removed back motor cover. Lightly sprayed the base of the shaft on the front side (fan side) down with some Clenzoil gun cleaner and lube. Sprayed the back side of the shaft (motor side). That side sits under a small base plate so I just kinda sprayed a bit under that plate. Let sit a few minutes. Cleaned up any excess with paper towel and Q-Tip. Reassembled. Fired her up. Runs like a raped ape now. There does seem to be what I would consider a bit of extra play in the shaft. I'd have to tear one of the new ones apart to compare. I'll clean up the other year old one and stick them in a drawer as emergency replacements. Hell I have enough "extra" stuff to set up a 3rd grow. Just missing a tent. Will have 2 clip on fans, a Viparspectra XS2000 light, 6" variable speed fan, and a used carbon filter. Bought the 10 pack of GroBuckets and a 10 pack of black 5 gallon buckets so I'll have at least 2 extra of those setups too. Don't know if I have enough stickers to decorate all 10 buckets though. No I'm not gonna run 3 tents. I'm accumulating a surplus supply of weed as is after the last couple big harvests.

Back
Top Bottom