Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

Hey Farside, greetings. What size buckets are those? 5 gal? How much medium are the plants in? I am contemplating a SIP grow but I have to get my head around logistics and DIY still. I see mention by you of running autos in a SIP setup. Have you done it yet?

Sorry. I've been MIA. Wife decided to share her bronchitis with me the day before Thanksgiving. Then it tore through my workplace and I was recently promoted so guess who got to work while sick and all my other employees took off. Yep, me. Had a 24hour shift I had to do last Thursday.

These are 5 gallon buckets with a 1 gallon reservoir and 4 gallons of Pro Mix.

Despite adding plenty of Cal-Mag and Potassium to supplement the Osmocote, I still can't get them back to green. The last 2 days I've went ahead and fed them the full compliment of FN Fertilizer ™ (FN Silica, FN Micros, FN A, and FN B). We'll see if they were just running out of Osmocote.

Osmocote Plus comes in 2 variations - 3 month release and 6 month release... which are you using?

It says feeds up to 6 months on the container. The standard reddish pink container available for purchase at Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, etc. On the professional product side, Osmocote makes 8 versions of Plus that feeds up to 14 months.

It says feeds up to 6 months on the container. The standard reddish pink container available for purchase at Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, etc. On the professional product side, Osmocote makes 8 versions of Plus that feeds up to 14 months.
:thumb: cool - it looks like they took the retail version of the 3mo version off the market. I was asking in relation to your most recent post, but if it's 6mo release, it should still be active. I remember reading threads here about OC+ 10 years ago, guys like @WattSaver (who I think is still around) . Anyway, I think he used to add OC 14-14-14 during flower (going from my memory, I could be wrong -- need to dig up the old threads).

edit: found it - Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

and then here he states he does 1/3 OC+ and 2/3 14-14-14

Sorry. I've been MIA. Wife decided to share her bronchitis with me the day before Thanksgiving.
Oof, sorry to hear that. :(
Then it tore through my workplace
Damn, bronchitis Mary!
and I was recently promoted so guess who got to work while sick and all my other employees took off. Yep, me. Had a 24hour shift I had to do last Thursday.
You got promoted because you spread your wife's bronchitis to all your coworkers? That's an oddly run workplace... :hmmmm:
I am so not used to seeing untrained bushes in your tents!

You got promoted because you spread your wife's bronchitis to all your coworkers? That's an oddly run workplace... :hmmmm:
I actually got promoted 2 weeks before the spreading of the germs. Then I promptly had to take on the extra responsibility as everyone else called out.

I am so not used to seeing untrained bushes in your tents!

These things didn't really stretch which is when I'd attempt most of my manipulation. Don't know if it's the strains or if it was that they started to show deficiencies right when they'd normally stretch.

Sorry. I've been MIA. Wife decided to share her bronchitis with me the day before Thanksgiving. Then it tore through my workplace and I was recently promoted so guess who got to work while sick and all my other employees took off. Yep, me. Had a 24hour shift I had to do last Thursday.

Despite adding plenty of Cal-Mag and Potassium to supplement the Osmocote, I still can't get them back to green. The last 2 days I've went ahead and fed them the full compliment of FN Fertilizer ™ (FN Silica, FN Micros, FN A, and FN B). We'll see if they were just running out of Osmocote.

Glad to hear you are doing better Farside !
When you supplemented with FN nutes, did you top feed or did you add them directly to the reservoir ?

That sounds rough! No worries Farside, thank you for responding. I hope you feel better.

Glad to hear you are doing better Farside !
When you supplemented with FN nutes, did you top feed or did you add them directly to the reservoir ?

Reservoir

They are so lush. :green_heart:

They are so lush. :green_heart:

Thanks. I still think they could be better. Switching feed seems to have stemmed the deficiencies. Lower temps in the grow area always seems to slow growth and lead to less consistent green foliage this time of year too. I'm still at 75% power on the FC4800. It doesn't seem necessary to go to 100% in a Mars 39"x39" tent with this fixture. It's more light than the space requires. I don't mind saving on the electric bill either.

I hope those Fn nutes bring them back up your standards!

The bud that's there looks like it will be good, but it's too late to get the plants any larger. Live and learn. Osmocote plus FN Supplements did well with the Summer's outside girl, but evidently 20 hours of LED lighting puts additional stresses on them that it can't keep up with. Too bad since it is easier just feeding them water up until bloom. I've got a grow that will use the standard FN lineup starting soon. We'll see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom