Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

Transplanted 3 into their SIP bucket. Topped off the reservoirs. Light adjusted to 20k lux (60% power). Purple Sunrise Autos pictured right side. OGesus Auto left.

I should have mentioned to up pot so the side branching stays away from the fill tube as much as possible. I have one plant that's a bitch to water because a side branch is in the way. Duh, stupid me.... lol.

I should have mentioned to up pot so the side branching stays away from the fill tube as much as possible. I have one plant that's a bitch to water because a side branch is in the way. Duh, stupid me.... lol.
Me too! And on the DIY versions make sure to put the fill tube where its easy to see the overflow hole when adding water. Another mistake I hope not to repeat. :rolleyes:

I'm going with better than good.

That last Osmocote girl I had got off to an extremely quick start too. Would hate to think I got $300 in FN salts and find I get better results with Osmocote.

You haven't run your FN nutes in a SIP yet...might do even better!

That's the grow I want to see, before spring if you don't mind. ;)

I took the easy road this time. Figured a SIP will keep me from having to tote them to the bathtub when watering since I don't have to contend with run off. Then figured if I could just do pain water for half the grow using Osmocote, until they need supplements, that would be as easy as I could make it on myself. #LazyGrower

My Osmo trial is akin to using GF as it's just incorporated in the soil-less mix. With the back half of the grow having Cal-Mag and FN's version of Terpinator fed through the res., it's really a hybrid between the two.

Can you top dress with Osmocote like you can with GF? Before you answer, I just looked it up and for Osmocote® Plus Outdoor & Indoor Plant Food they say:

"For outdoor use, sprinkle evenly across areas to be fed and work into the top 1-3 inches of soil."

Still doesn't have the K for flower that we use though. Did you see any nitrogen def later in flower on the Osmocote grow? I can't recall.

Can you top dress with Osmocote like you can with GF? Before you answer, I just looked it up and for Osmocote® Plus Outdoor & Indoor Plant Food they say:

"For outdoor use, sprinkle evenly across areas to be fed and work into the top 1-3 inches of soil."

Still doesn't have the K for flower that we use though. Did you see any nitrogen def later in flower on the Osmocote grow? I can't recall.

You already answered the top dressing thing, but yes, just scratch it into the top of the soil.

There was no Nitrogen deficiency. A week or two into bloom I saw Ca and K deficiencies. Worked up a solution for that problem and they were lovely and green till the end (other than bud rot from too much rain). Frankly I only fed them the extra Ca and K about every other watering since it kept raining often this last summer (she was outside after about 4 weeks of veg).

Day 14

Tomorrow I'll probably have to add some water to the reservoir. So far, so good. They look happy and stout. 2nd OGesus bean appears to be a non starter too. Given that 4 was probably overkill in the tent to begin with, I'll just continue on with 3 from here.

What's your reservoir strategy, are you letting them get low for some reason?

Fill it up just shy if the overflow hole, and before the float goes all the way down, ie when the reservoir is dry, fill it up again.

They're already monsters and you haven't even topped them yet!

Monsters. :rofl: I see what you did there. All good comedy involves call back jokes. 👏

Added half gallon of water to each and did a bit of tucking before I left for work.

Back
Top Bottom