Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

Ok thanks. I went back thru the thread looking for some sort of monster reference from the seed company and, nothing. Thought I might be losing a step. :laughtwo:

There might be monster references in other threads of mine, but they're also call backs. I believe the original joke was in a PM.

It's time to start with the Calcium and Potassium supplements. Things move quick in these SIPs. One day they're fine, next I got a Calcium deficiency. 20ml FN Special K™ and 5ml Cal-Mag. If the outdoor Summer grow says anything, that should rectify my problem. They look a bit wilted due to cold temps in the lab.

Day 30

Cleaned up the damaged growth. They've been drinking tap + 20ml FN Special K™ and 5ml Cal-Mag for two days now. I'll see if any new deficiencies pop up or it that solved it. They're all going though about 3/4 gal per day.

Dig the red chili plant in the back!

They've all got the chili's, they're just buried on the other two. I have a couple plants in the other tent that I did not take them off after a couple days. They've remained on the branches and will until harvest. They haven't choked off growth, and it reduces the chance of branch breakage during removal.

So I'm attempting a SIP bucket grow and still intrigued with my Summer grow using Osmocote. For those that didn't follow that thread, Osmocote on its own will not get you through a grow. Once you hit bloom, Potassium and Calcium deficiencies will appear. I think I found the level of supplements needed and want to explore further. I'm sitting on 10 gal worth of choice bud from other grows, so what better time to expiriment?

I started some seeds of OGesus and Purple Sunset from @Expert Seedbank , both autos. If you haven't tried Expert's Autos yet, I strongly suggest you give them a shot. Seed prices are great and they have been everything they say they are, potent and big yielders. For this expiriment I started the in Solo cups with 7g of Osmocote. 3 are up so far, still missing one OGesus. Once they are a little bigger I will transplant into their final SIP container.

I'm using ProMix Organic Garden Mix (found at Wally's) as a base. For each compressed bale I added 208g of Osmocote Indoor and Outdoor time released fertilizer. From past experiences I will need to add more Calcium and Potassium when they hit their blooming stage. For that I will use FN Cal-Mag and FN Special. K. Let's see how this turns out. Goal is low maintenance and a full tent.

Hey Farside, greetings. What size buckets are those? 5 gal? How much medium are the plants in? I am contemplating a SIP grow but I have to get my head around logistics and DIY still. I see mention by you of running autos in a SIP setup. Have you done it yet?

@Buds Buddy routinely does auto's in his SIPs. See his Sipity Do dah thread here.
Thank you Azi. I am following Buds' thread. I have a lot of journals that I keep up with so I very often can't find the specifics when skimming through multiple pages in one sitting. A lot of the SIP journals are at quite an advanced stage so as a total newb it is sometimes easier to ask the dumb questions 🙂

Thank you Azi. I am following Buds' thread. I have a lot of journals that I keep up with so I very often can't find the specifics when skimming through multiple pages in one sitting. A lot of the SIP journals are at quite an advanced stage so as a total newb it is sometimes easier to ask the dumb questions 🙂
Skimming??!?? You do skimming? Tsk, tsk. :laughtwo:

I hear you. Lot's of journals doing similar things and sometimes it's hard to keep up with whose doing what differently. I'm happy to answer any questions you have but maybe better over in the #SIP Club thread so we don't bog down farside's grow journal. Plus I'm sure others will have similar questions to yours so our collective answers might help someone else.

Apologies. I thought it was the done thing to ask growers questions about their grows, particularly questions that relate to gaining knowledge from their experience. I didn't intend to bog anyone down. I thought my questions were brief and to the point :) I will move to the SIP CLUB and give these guys a break. Sorry.

No, no worries. Some growers like to keep discussions in their grow threads to their grow and not go off on other tangents. Since I don't want to presume how Farside feels, I suggested we move the discussion over to a thread specifically made for those types of back and forth on the design elements and basic use.

Wasn't suggesting you were doing anything improper. Just trying to be respectful of Farside.

Apologies. I thought it was the done thing to ask growers questions about their grows, particularly questions that relate to gaining knowledge from their experience. I didn't intend to bog anyone down. I thought my questions were brief and to the point :) I will move to the SIP CLUB and give these guys a break. Sorry.
I'm sure farside has no problem answering your questions Carmen, once he gets some time to get back here!

Back
Top Bottom