Fast Buds Fun Time Wiv Ya GanjaGrandaddy: L.O.S. V Coco Shootout

This was my hope to be honest. Thanks fella. Seeing the LSD-25 and Blackberry had me questioning their potential . Beautiful buds and colours ect.. just not the yield. The others all look how I expect them to so I knew there was a fair bit left on them at least. I will settle in for the all haul with them now . Merry xmas

That last 2 weeks they'll fatten quite a bit. I'm guessing you're a month away on the more mature girls. The white hairs will recede and they'll probably go 7-14 days after that if you're looking for 10-20% Amber.

That last 2 weeks they'll fatten quite a bit. I'm guessing you're a month away on the more mature girls. The white hairs will recede and they'll probably go 7-14 days after that if you're looking for 10-20% Amber.
Thanks farside. I was confused how autos flower quicker with the veg time=flower time maths. Never saw autos sold as quick flowering either come to think of it. doh !!. Will put my slippers back on.

Thanks farside. I was confused how autos flower quicker with the veg time=flower time maths. Never saw autos sold as quick flowering either come to think of it. doh !!. Will put my slippers back on.

As an example, Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic says 9-11 weeks seed to harvest. It's gonna be closer to the 11 than the 9 in my experience. The first 4 weeks are gonna be veg. She'll be in bloom week 5 and then take 6 more weeks to finish. So yeah, where a photo may take 8 weeks plus in bloom, the bloom time is cut down by a couple weeks, and you don't get much choice in how long it veges. If yours vegged longer, it's probably still gonna take 6 weeks in bloom.

As an example, Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic says 9-11 weeks seed to harvest. It's gonna be closer to the 11 than the 9 in my experience. The first 4 weeks are gonna be veg. She'll be in bloom week 5 and then take 6 more weeks to finish. So yeah, where a photo may take 8 weeks plus in bloom, the bloom time is cut down by a couple weeks, and you don't get much choice in how long it veges. If yours vegged longer, it's probably still gonna take 6 weeks in bloom.
Makes sense but highlights the lack of control compared to photo-periods too. Thanks farside

Yep, you give up a degree of control to shave maybe 4 weeks off a grow. Extrapolate it over a year though and you can get in 1 more crop. As long as you can get good yields out of them I think you can produce more bud with autos over a year, but a few bad strains/breeder's then you are upside down. It's a gamble.

Yep, you give up a degree of control to shave maybe 4 weeks off a grow. Extrapolate it over a year though and you can get in 1 more crop. As long as you can get good yields out of them I think you can produce more bud with autos over a year, but a few bad strains/breeder's then you are upside down. It's a gamble.
Absolutely true. Been curious about autos and felt Fast buds was the one to use for them If any was. I think i chose correctly on that score. I do like the speed of changes happening and it means less waiting time while they change. Speedier seedling to veg was good too. I see a good outside crop with them in the near future but will be back to photos. might have to hold off on the next run as mrs GG wants to get the rewire done by the landlord and out if the way. Hopefully only a week if downtime if we can time it right. Got to strip the whole loft out for bedroom lighting access. killed me as the floor was sorted and will need a rebuild. least it should mean they leave us be after that.

Hi groomies , hope we are all nice and ready for the fun Christmassy festivities. Our tree may survive till boxing day but only if we sacrifice the fairy to the 2 year olds scrutiny up close and personal by throwing said fairy to ground as curious two year old is struggling to find purchase halfway up the tree climbing it !!!!!.
Roll on xmas day afternoon when parents can sleep !!!!
Heres a few quick pics of the ladies doing me very proud today.
15770319142898524939003283323207.jpg
15770319458155844349427766711822.jpg
15770319746084415634706775766835.jpg
15770320444162233588786747686746.jpg

Bluedreamatic#3 hitting her stretch now.
15770320952705852489425693863878.jpg

Hi groomies , hope we are all nice and ready for the fun Christmassy festivities. Our tree may survive till boxing day but only if we sacrifice the fairy to the 2 year olds scrutiny up close and personal by throwing said fairy to ground as curious two year old is struggling to find purchase halfway up the tree climbing it !!!!!.
Roll on xmas day afternoon when parents can sleep !!!!
Heres a few quick pics of the ladies doing me very proud today.
15770319142898524939003283323207.jpg
15770319458155844349427766711822.jpg
15770319746084415634706775766835.jpg
15770320444162233588786747686746.jpg

Bluedreamatic#3 hitting her stretch now.
15770320952705852489425693863878.jpg
Everything looking great so far !
You got them set up nicelly with your training mate.

. The LOS has surprised me , my initial thoughts were more on tastes and potency and I didnt expect the growth to be so good. blown away now.

You're getting it. The potency and flavor will be there in spades as well.

GL with your grow. Very lush garden all around. Good job

LOS is water for the win. Defoil is something grape farmers do for ripening fruit. We growing flowers we need the fan leaves.

Can research how growth hormones are triggered. You will wanna keep the fans.

Great job on all those autos,GG -excellent training- those buds are going to get sooo fat over the next few weeks!
Sucks that you have to disassemble the grow room for the re-wiring thing...

Plants look great Gg. Nice colors on the Blackberry their leaves are almost black looks very cool. Hope your well Gg and have yourself a great holiday season.

Everything looking great so far !
You got them set up nicelly with your training mate.
Thanks peter. I do like the quadline as a rule but this is a tie down job as I wasnt sure how vigorous their growth was going to be so had to do what I could in the space too. I need some modifications agter the harvest and will be getting the electrical work sorted instead of a next run first. Hopefully only a week or so if I can time it right. hate not having a grow running but their work will be forced on us eventually as it's a 30 year rewire cycle and they wont risk anything happening that holds the. liable , fucking council. lol I am glad I did the autos foe the experience so far. Do love the speed and rush in hindsight. I do like the strains too. They all have a unique smell to them already. Some nice colours coming out too. Due a defol though but was working on the extraction and air flow today. I want to get some of the damp air moving now and use the dehumidifier less so will then try the shogun pk. could be a good booster for Mc with Farsides help in the calculations for NPK. bet you have sticky hands with yours now ?. lol

You're getting it. The potency and flavor will be there in spades as well.

GL with your grow. Very lush garden all around. Good job

LOS is water for the win. Defoil is something grape farmers do for ripening fruit. We growing flowers we need the fan leaves.

Can research how growth hormones are triggered. You will wanna keep the fans.
Heehee and down the rabbit hole we go .......lol been doing a lot of mind bending over the last couple of years on defol issue and had initially settled on letting them work as intended particularly as they were autos too. I have had great result in photo grows using it at set times ect...but learn something new every grow. I re read a recent thread after a link from a very respected member about this issue . The research and results from the testing does support the stripping out for bud production over the theory of mini solar panels being better for indoor growing. My I initial use was down to an article supporting the practice for us too as the fight for light among grow rooms is less than in a real woodland or setting in nature , also with lst ect.. getting the light to the main stalk also has a benefit on a cellular level around oil production. Spent so many days contemplating this one and still a little u decided on the best way. seeing some major defol to broccoli on sticks that produced colas you could choke a Gorilla on. lol . The Los is amazing though and all the leaf taken goes straight back in. Thanks mate and welcome aboard.

Great job on all those autos,GG -excellent training- those buds are going to get sooo fat over the next few weeks!
Sucks that you have to disassemble the grow room for the re-wiring thing...
Thanks a lot Cass. much appreciated. I am relieved to finally get to the point of just getting them in and out to do the work so I can build some solid walls to insulate lol. Rhisbsilver stuff is perfect for keeping things steady too so has given me a good run to test it out in the colder times. Have to pull some positives from it. heehee. Seeing the flowers stack onto the Lsd-25 and BlackBerry with a few weeks to go on them has given my hope a boost. The Mc girls are catching up quickly now and seeing the amount of sites in the rest of them is astonishing. certainly more than my previous grows for site amounts. Thanks again Cass , means a lot mate.

Plants look great Gg. Nice colors on the Blackberry their leaves are almost black looks very cool. Hope your well Gg and have yourself a great holiday season.
Hi N. Thank you very much , they are a 1st for me with the 2 dark girls , really nice in the flesh too. seeing them trich up too and the lsd is a hash makes dream so far. I need to try some oils and infusions too.
All good here matey and excited for the kids now despite the Parental stress and panic.lol
Bring on the food is what I say. Hope your all set and larders bursting with goodies. Have a great Chrismas and prosperous 2020. peace and blessings to you and yours matey.

@Ganjagrandaddy on the defoil thing we could go round and round in the discussion. All I'm going to say is that I've done quite a lot of studying on plants/biology and the only time I read about defoil is on cannabis forums.

The real science falls apart on it pretty quickly.

That said there are times I will heavily reduce my individual plant biomass (leaves) when I have an unruly plant in veg I let go too long. I also get rid of most all of the undergrowth going into flower to increase air flow. This helps with plant transpiration which they need fan leaves for as well as triggering the plant to flower by sending growth hormones to the shoots to trigger flowering.

These 2 items I mentioned are important for 3 reasons
Yield
Time to harvest
Flower quality

Flowers do not do photosynthesis or very little. Force the plant to use sugar leaves for photosynthesis your flowers will need a longer cure time or they will taste harsh without that long cure time.

@Ganjagrandaddy on the defoil thing we could go round and round in the discussion. All I'm going to say is that I've done quite a lot of studying on plants/biology and the only time I read about defoil is on cannabis forums.

The real science falls apart on it pretty quickly.

That said there are times I will heavily reduce my individual plant biomass (leaves) when I have an unruly plant in veg I let go too long. I also get rid of most all of the undergrowth going into flower to increase air flow. This helps with plant transpiration which they need fan leaves for as well as triggering the plant to flower by sending growth hormones to the shoots to trigger flowering.

These 2 items I mentioned are important for 3 reasons
Yield
Time to harvest
Flower quality

Flowers do not do photosynthesis or very little. Force the plant to use sugar leaves for photosynthesis your flowers will need a longer cure time or they will taste harsh without that long cure time.
I hear you on the science but I low and slow dry with no flushing too , never had a harsh , tasteless, impotent harvest to date thankfully.lol I am not a total stripper at all but my photos do get a decent thinning out for airflow and budsite opening up. With my attic I am limited for space to a point and having very bushy close together ladies will be very difficult without a smaller plant count too. The moisture trapped on layered leaves is a risky thing I'd I miss any pooling up. the thread i read recently again is here somewhere but was very compelling reading. I cannot remember who posted the link to it now. but hope they will re do it fornyou to have a read too. very interesting and a genuine study with controls ect.

Thanks peter. I do like the quadline as a rule but this is a tie down job as I wasnt sure how vigorous their growth was going to be so had to do what I could in the space too. I need some modifications agter the harvest and will be getting the electrical work sorted instead of a next run first. Hopefully only a week or so if I can time it right. hate not having a grow running but their work will be forced on us eventually as it's a 30 year rewire cycle and they wont risk anything happening that holds the. liable , fucking council. lol I am glad I did the autos foe the experience so far. Do love the speed and rush in hindsight. I do like the strains too. They all have a unique smell to them already. Some nice colours coming out too. Due a defol though but was working on the extraction and air flow today. I want to get some of the damp air moving now and use the dehumidifier less so will then try the shogun pk. could be a good booster for Mc with Farsides help in the calculations for NPK. bet you have sticky hands with yours now ?. lol
Ah everytime there's something they wanna get done at your place.. that's a bit fucked up to redo everything in the room. Glad you're happy with your fast auto's and success in the room.
Yes very sticky indeed.. started flushing and planning to tske them down between xmas and new years :D

Ah everytime there's something they wanna get done at your place.. that's a bit fucked up to redo everything in the room. Glad you're happy with your fast auto's and success in the room.
Yes very sticky indeed.. started flushing and planning to tske them down between xmas and new years :D
Trim jail avoided for you on christmas day at least mate. I put them off before and now cant avoid it so just need to get them in and out but have to remove loft flooring for the work on lights. Will be a total rebuild after I manage to clear it out . breaks my head all the time. I need a lottery win to buy a farmhouse.lol
Thankful to be able to get this one done though. .

Back
Top Bottom