First CFL Auto Grow Journal 2015

the tent is 60x60x140cm so figure 20 for pot, 60 for light distance, so about 60cm of grow space should be plenty for a scrog. I was worried about to much heat

awesome job man! I'm thinking of switching to led. Do yo think a mars 2 400w be to much for a 60cm X 60cm? Also heat wise how much do they give off more or less then a big ass cfl? I'm figuring out if i'll need a new exhaust fan mines only 187m3/h.

The mars 400 would be perfect for that size tent and with that fan you should have no issue with heat as long as your ambient temps are in check.

I believe its too much the 400w,if you had 1x1x2m could work fine!

I have to disagree with you Nightsmoker, the actual draw of the 400 is around 195 watts in a 1 meter squared area you wont have the watts per square foot do grow much of anything (with vigor and pride).

I have to disagree with you Nightsmoker, the actual draw of the 400 is around 195 watts in a 1 meter squared area you wont have the watts per square foot do grow much of anything (with vigor and pride).

Hi Brad,

I have 4 MarsHydro 300s in a 4'x4' tent. They are 140w actual. I have 4 plants and they are sort of clustered in the center with the 4 LEDs hanging one over top of each plant, so they can share light overlap.

Do you think that is enough light? I recently switched from fluoros and cfls where i had a total of 624 watts. I assumed the 560 watts of LED would be "worth" alot more than the 624 of fluorescent.

Hi Brad,

I have 4 MarsHydro 300s in a 4'x4' tent. They are 140w actual. I have 4 plants and they are sort of clustered in the center with the 4 LEDs hanging one over top of each plant, so they can share light overlap.

Do you think that is enough light? I recently switched from fluoros and cfls where i had a total of 624 watts. I assumed the 560 watts of LED would be "worth" alot more than the 624 of fluorescent.
Good on switching brother :thumb: and your pushing really and I mean really close IMHO your at roughly 35 watts per square foot the min I was always told for growing is 30, 50 is where about you wanna be for good growth. Thought of adding another led or maybe a small hps?? I have my own personal thought with fluoros and cfls.

Brad,

I did consider adding 2 more of the 300w (140w). This would add about 17 watts/sqft for a total of 52. They are very reasonably priced and I have room to add them. Would you guess I would be hurting my yield being at 35w/sqft?

I also have the pots on 2 small 30" long x 15" wide tables (shelves) in a square pattern in the center of the 4x4. There is a border all the way around making the space I am lighting 30" by 30". Do you think that would make any difference.

After this grow of 4, I will be doing only 2 at a time from now on.

should I put some of the CFLs back in until I can get some more LEDs?

Brad,

I did consider adding 2 more of the 300w (140w). This would add about 17 watts/sqft for a total of 52. They are very reasonably priced and I have room to add them. Would you guess I would be hurting my yield being at 35w/sqft?

I also have the pots on 2 small 30" long x 15" wide tables (shelves) in a square pattern in the center of the 4x4. There is a border all the way around making the space I am lighting 30" by 30". Do you think that would make any difference.

After this grow of 4, I will be doing only 2 at a time from now on.

should I put some of the CFLs back in until I can get some more LEDs?
Drop me a personal message Schtiggiy, I'd love to elaborate more for you I just don't wanna take over Baxterwolfe's journal.
:thumb::Namaste:

Room filter I fabbed up

20151223_230448.jpg

Back
Top Bottom