First DWC - Advice Welcome

And just like that...

Thanks to KJC, Happy Kitty, and a little magic - you have your first journal.

Thanks everyone!

As soon as I knock off of work tonight I'll get a picture of her, got some more tucking to do, the new growth is nice :)

Subscribed, glad you sorted the pic issue, if you turn the phone sideways when you take the pic, it will rotate when uploaded, and the pic will be straight when posted. I had the same issue at first, and it worked for me.

Thanks DL, yeah I noticed that but it's no biggy :)

image4865.jpg

Before
image4866.jpg

After

Added 10ml micro, 15ml bloom (it was down to 450 ppm .5 conv, brought it back up to 750ppm)
Will put up another pic tonight.

image4903.jpg

As of now, I'm loving all the bud sites that are visible :)

She's looking real good MrFlintstone :goodjob:

Why thank you kindly my good sir!

image4904.jpg

She looks like a happy camper :)
Ph 5.7
Ppm 780
Temp lights on is 80F with closet closed, 72F closet open, lights off temp is 60F possibly lower but she doesn't seem to mind(can't wait for some purple colors to start showing)
Rez temp stays between 70-72F
RH varies between 10% - 40%(I've noticed while lights off RH will hit 60-70%, which I didn't have a problem last grow in the closet)

you have to ask a moderator to move your thread to journals in progress. use the triangle icon on the left hand side of one of your posts to "Report Post" in your journal, when the window opens please indicate you would like to have this moved to Journals in Progress.

:thanks: KingJohnC :high-five: Now I'm a Proud Member of 420 With a Journal in Progress..:passitleft:

Added 10ml micro, 15ml bloom (it was down to 450 ppm .5 conv, brought it back up to 750ppm)
Will put up another pic tonight.

0G-8M-16B is a little better at this stage. I won't go into detail as to why... but I have the recipes posted in my signature. Too many minerals and nitrogen, not enough P, K, and Mg is the short story.

If you want to pack on some buds, add AN Big Bud Powder to bring the PPMs up to 1,000 @.5 for the next couple of weeks. Discontinue it's use 2 weeks before they finish and let the PPMs fall back down to finish up.

They look ready for some extra feed. You are doing a great job my friend.

So run Lucas you say?
I'm doing a rezzy change tomorrow so 0-8-16 + the cal mag?
image4912.jpg

I don't use Coco... Growstones are my preference. I ran Coco and Perlite in an ebb & flow... never again. Hydro isn't supposed to be that hard...

But yes, I still use CalMag. I find that 200PPMs of CalMag helps to stabilize the pH of the water - you won't get the large daily jumps. It must add some nice buffers or something in with the Ca.

It is not clear to me that the plant needs the extra Ca & Mg for straight hydro like I run now. But it certainly doesn't hurt anything and the water pH is much more stable.

And yes... my belief is that either Lucas or the 1 2 3 Recipe are the best for cannabis... especially if you know how to amend these recipes to bring them up to date with modern thoughts. For Coco, I would use the 1 2 3 recipe because of the extra calcium provided. Getting the extra Ca and Mg from Grow is much cheaper than getting it from CalMag. But the pH buffering is better with CalMag. So it is not a clear choice.

I have chosen Lucas at this point. Next grow I might switch back to 1 2 3 though... Both are cheap, effective, and grow awesome medicine. I (maybe incorrectly) assumed that you did not have the Grow fertilizer... so I didn't go into the other recommendations. I try to give advice that someone can implement with what they have on hand.

I'll be doing a Rez change tonight when I get off of work.
So Lucas plus cal mag+ will do the trick for me? Less ph swing?
Or should I just use the 123?

looks nice for first dwc. if u are struggling with the 3 part nute mix. try using canna aqua for dwc. its very simple to use and very stable. 3 parts give u more control but i have to be honest and say ive gotten my best grows from aqua 2 part base nutes. I do use a few additives though. keep up the nice work.

Thanks! Yeah I'm not struggling, everything seems to be working out nice, the budsites started to cluster up last night.

Might have to look into 2part canna aqua, what's the price look like? Anything like GH?

depend where u are in the world but its cheap where i am. i pay £55 for 10litres so around $80ish. but 10 litres goes a long way. trust me for dwc its a great base, u dont really need to think about it. just use aqua vega til 1-2weeks after flip then switch to aqua flores. equal measures a+b. u would need to use a boost with it though, u could grow with out using one but i wouldnt recomend it.

I use:
veg:
canna aqua vega
roots excelurator
cannazym
guardian angel
voodoo juice
b-52

flower:
canna aqua flores
dutch pro explode
bud candy
voodoo juice
piranha
tarantula
b-52
cannazym
guardian angel
scorpian juice

sounds like alot but i get amazing results with these. but u could flower with just the aqua base and a boost.

Back
Top Bottom