First Ever Outdoor Grow Cali OG Kush Haze Forcing Flowering Journal

Nice Dabs...... your reputation precedes you once again LOL..... we already knew he was awesome!

Ahhhh guys, Im sure leftout will always make you feel welcome......
I was going to say that it's a quick jump across the border for those envious..... Then I remembered you were in California...... Not much chance of that happening ......quickly anyway LOL. I'm sure it's nicer there than here today.......BRRRRR!!!

Left out, you seem transplanted......where are you?

I'm in Brasil man ;) Just told myself "I'm deff not freezing to death this year" (like every year :tokin: ) so I went to visit my Girlfriend at our house for 6 month ;)

And YES everyone is welcome ;)

Well Shed is in a good place right now hahahahah I don't think he feels okay to go in a -30 weather hahahaha, but Dabber must be freezing, holly mother of God! Alaska in winter... :S

consider this as a learning run then hehe ...
but i understand that growing herb can be demotivating but that will soon change when ye see how adaptive these plants are ... we all been at the point where you are my first plants yielded 8 and 9 gram ... second grow 17g of hermie fluff full of seeds ... third 85g ... fourth 93gr ... fifth 94gr ... so ... "if at first you dont succeed just suck it up , rinse and repeat" ;;;

Btw can you tell when i joined 420mag ??? its kinda obvious lol

what i want to say ... dont get demotivated ... you took a serious step towards success by joining this site hehe ...

Yes this is a learning run, that's why I just started 1 seed for my first run, and having all of you nice people supporting and helping me out got me motivated X 1000, and as long I my baby gives me 2g of weed so I can smock before going back to Canada I will be satisfied ;)

thanks man!
I will deff follow that journal and yeah so far this stain is really not picky with anything for me, respond well to toping, LST, transplanting, heat( we had some 40c heat here at the beginning of January) and she is not asking for 10,000 times for nutrient, the only problem I got with her was a LEAFHOPPER infestation but after some neem oil everything came back to normal ;)

I'm looking forward to see the result of your ladies!

:lot-o-toke:

Nice! I was wondering how they dealt with topping. I plan on topping them a couple times at least. It will be neat to see our girls grow up together :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice! I was wondering how they dealt with topping. I plan on topping them a couple times at least. It will be neat to see our girls grow up together :cheesygrinsmiley:

my baby took it really well, about 3-4 days after topping her she was back to growing nicely with 2 main shoots on top and 2 secondary shoots in the bottom ;)

the 2 secondary shoot on the bottom are growing slower but they are growing :cheer:

forgot to say I used Fming, then topping... that's why she had 4 shoots at the same time

And 6 plants is legal here!

He meant a cooler for the beer! Refrigerador de isopor? :)

Don't even talk about 6 plant (cry) every province in Canada will be able to grow up to 6 plant for personal use... but because my shitty province (quebec) think because they speek french they think that live in another world (I'm french btw so nothing against french people) they decided that we wont be able to grow at home and we will have no right to open our own weed shops! its gonna be controlled by the government (cry).... ouffff I'm okay I'm okay..... got that off my chess again...(sniff sniff)

But I'm deff looking to pass next winter in cali ;)

OHHHH okay I was scared that he meant a air cooler xD hahahahah well i got my fridge full of beer and i got 2 spare rooms so you guys are welcome to drop by hahahah only problem is the mexican weed :tokin:

Don't even talk about 6 plant (cry) every province in Canada will be able to grow up to 6 plant for personal use... but because my shitty province (quebec) think because they speek french they think that live in another world (I'm french btw so nothing against french people) they decided that we wont be able to grow at home and we will have no right to open our own weed shops! its gonna be controlled by the government (cry).... ouffff I'm okay I'm okay..... got that off my chess again...(sniff sniff)

But I'm deff looking to pass next winter in cali ;)

OHHHH okay I was scared that he meant and air cooler xD hahahahah well i got my fridge full of beer and i got 2 spare rooms so you guys are welcome to drop by hahahah only problem is the mexican weed :tokin:

sacré bleuh ;)

Good morning everyone....

It's really early for me here in my part of the world... I woke up at 6:55am (haven't woke up this early in 3 month :tokin: ) this morning to get my babe out in the light (that's around 3:55 am for you east coast peoples) Nothing yet to report beside I see some sign of new tops forming were I did the LST (the Y zone)

I have a question about the flipping process, what's the first signs I will be seeing that my "forcing to flower" is working? I'm guessing that I wont really see any sign before 1 or 2 weeks but what should I be looking for to make sure everything is going according to plan and schedule?

:yummy:

Okay here's the deal, In the meanwhile that there is something to update about "queen #2"(queen #1 is my GF... she insisted on that LMAO) I wanted to ask you guys for tips and advice about my future growroom back in Canada, I still have 72 day before going back so it's not a rush, but I like to plan things out ;)

ALL IDEA ARE WELCOME

I would like it to be the cheapest possible(budget is tight), but I want something that will work for what I want to do...

And YES there is some guides out there but they all give you super expensive set up or super sophisticated set up and I'm not looking for that

So here is my ideal set up...

Growroom
I would like to be able to grow 4 plants at the same time.
I have been looking on ebay for a growing tent, and I see some 27"X27" at 73$ to a 95"x47"x79" at 180$ to some 5'X5' at 500$ so I'm guessing it's all about quality or something like that, so what brand or type would you guy's advise me... (keep in mind the budget)

For air cooled/heater, filter, PH tester ect

I know 0% about this part because my first plant is an outdoor growth so please blow my mind with this part!
what do I need? whats the best brand?( I don't need a super sophisticated set up... keep in mind Budget)

I want to use LED lights.
I have seen from a 1000w full spectrum led light on amazon at 142$ to a 400w full spectrum at 300$ on our sponsor Growant website... so what up with that?
I know how important light is in a grow room so I'm ready to pay a bit more (but still keep in mind budget)
And I don't want the hydro bill to go off the chart and get some attention from the hydro company

Soil and nutrients
I want to grow as much organic possible, I want to master soil growing before anything else.
What brand or store would you guys advise me to shop/buy from...

And last and not least(the best part) the stains!
I love challenges and I don't mind the difficulty of stains growing, and I know there is more then 4000 stains out there!
I want to start with just feminized seed or auto flowering(if auto flowering is feminized) and then as I get better at growing I will start playing with males and females...

I already have 4 Cali OG kush (70/30 sativa dominant) seed left so that's gonna be my 1 plant out of 4 (THC chart is 25%!)
I deff want to try a Crown Royal ( that's your fault GUY CABALLERO! ;) ) for a 70/30 indica dominant

And for the 2 other stains maybe a high CBD 1(never smocked one of those) and another indica dominant or a 50/50 hybrid?

Here is what I like in Cannabis, Taste, color, smell, and I like it went I'm high and not for just 30 min xD so what stain do you like the most. (oh and I like to try new stuff so not something common)

I think you guys are lucky to choose what I'm gonna smock... :biglaugh: (I'm jocking btw)

Thanks for the reading ;)

:passitleft:

Ok 1st of all, you get no sympathy from us who are back in Canada when you roll out of bed at 6:55 in South America 2 put your plants out....... Just getting that off my chest, no way I am feeling sorry for you LMAO!

Ok 1st of all, you get no sympathy from us who are back in Canada when you roll out of bed at 6:55 in South America 2 put your plants out....... Just getting that off my chest, no way I am feeling sorry for you LMAO!

LMAO! I was expecting something like that hahahahaha! Still love you Guy! :cheer:

Please remember that this is a Kohl's notes version of a grow setup..... Intended to get you going and for information purposes. There is a ton to learn to Master growing (I'm nowhere near that point), not that much to learn when it comes to growing in the beginning.

Next......your setup.

1 thing that somebody told me in the beginning was by the best that you can afford.....#1 rule.

#2......patience!

If I were you, I would be using a grow tent of at least 3 x 3 ft. The height is negligible depending on whether or not you plan on growing sativas in the future or anything that will get overly massive in height. My first tent was a Hydindoor 3x3 and it worked fine, just had an issue getting to the back when the plants got larger to water. So if you have access to two or more sides that is ideal. The quality of the fabric and the quality of the zippers or what you're looking for. Most are silver lined inside for reflectivity. If it were me, and budget was huge......Id go with a tent off kijiji or Craigslist......all the tent does is hold your stuff. If you are planning on doing phenotypes, you will need two tents, one for vegetative state and one for flower. Flower could be bigger say 3x3 for flower and 2x2 for veg.......for 4 plants.

I grew autos my first round and I was bored with them 1/2 way through veg as they are so super picky ( no transplanting). I did however learn LST on them.

Strains are very personal, but yeah those Crowns are beautiful but my fave so far were my hash plants. Small, compact easy to grow and INCREDIBLE smelling!

Next.....lighting.

I'm assuming that this girl is going to go inside a climate-controlled house? If so, LEDs or HPS can be used. I am a fan of LEDs because you can take them out of the box plug them in, figure out the best height and leave them alone. The biggest difference between LEDs is exactly what you already mentioned, and that is their ability to produce the full spectrum. If you plan on using the same light for veg and for flower you have to make sure that it covers both the red and blue spectrum of lighting, essentially 3000 Kelvin and 6500 Kelvin wavelengths of light. The green and white spectrums aren't as important to us growing (most higher end lights will appear to have white light when you are looking at your plants under them and not that blurple color....its not a measure of quality, but try to stay away from blirple). Most lighting companies that you find second hand or on Amazon for $99, are made in China and although in the correct neighborhood for spectrum could last a very short amount of time. Also look for the ULC or Standards Canada stickers for if they comply. Never buy anything that looks fishy or has no safety standards verification. I once saw a hand-written sticker on the back of a light LMFAO.

Next is air circulation.....

You are going to need two different types of fans, one fan will be for creating air movement within your tent and will lightly blow on your girls in order to help strengthen their stalks and stems. I bought one at Walmart, guys on here use anything from 6 to 12 in for a small tent. A lot of the guys use fans that have clamps on them. The other type of fan is called an inline or squirrel fan + filter combination. This is my 4" fan with a charcoal filter attached. Generally in a small tent a charcoal filter will last as long as two years, smell usually dictates how often you want to change it. The filter is the expensive part of this set up at anywhere from $100-$150 for a small one. You want new .
abb16b119d13224567296f4be6f77939.jpg
You will have to figure out your configuration but mine came through the top corner of my tent and hung vertically down inside in my tent. Some people just hang their filter inside and keep their fan outside, some people put their fan directly inside their tent and just exhaust out the vent holes, it's up to you, depending on how much space and you were configuration. Just make sure your filter is air tight onto your fan, otherwise you will be exhausting smelly air. I would also buy and fan controller to go with your fan so that you can adjust its speed and noise level accordingly.

REMEMBER THAT IT'S ENVIRONMENT FIRST, THEN YOUR PLANTS! I tested my new growth space for two weeks before I introduced any plants. I watched humidity air circulation and temperature over and over and over again.

Lastly, your soil......

As a first-time grower, I would do my first run in Pro mix so as to not complicate things and to get yourself used to growing in and Earth like product if that is the way that you decide to go in the future. Promix is very forgiving for a first-timer.

A couple of things to remember when it comes to soil. If you are using promix, it is considered to essentially be a hybrid between soil and hydroponics, as is Coco coir. Coco's ideal level for pH is 5.7, whereas promix has an ideal pH of 6.5 when growing in it ( buy the best pH tester that you can afford, it will be the only one you buy.). The reason for this is that promix has peat moss in it which allows it to absorb and hold on to moisture longer than Coco. This is what makes Pro mix more like a soil versus coco which has no water retention values and therefore is more like a Hydroponics or dwc setup. Lots of guys/gals use both on here, just remember that if you do decide to use coco as your substrate that you need to rinse it thoroughly before you use it. Especially, if it comes in Brick form rather than loose in a bag. This info is for those who are using standard Hydroponics or soil they're growing medium, this will also be using salt based nutrients and additives....promix can be bought at Lowe's, it looks like this. Only buy HP or BX, nothing with additives (other than Mychorizzae, it helps with root growth). Stay away from all other "soils" hot big box stores as they tend to contain a lot of slow-release nutrients. That is great for tomatoes where you really don't want to be fussing over them all the time, but when it comes to growing marijuana you want to be with the control every step along the way if possible. Thus wheels that have added nutrients built into them are called "hot" soils.

All natural products

Where you get.....online is your best source. Here in Ontario we have an amazing source for our base soils called Black Swallow in Brantford. They also carry a full line of organic amendments in order to be able to build your own custom soil so that it doesn't lack any of the nutrients or microorganisms needed in order to move forward. Building an L O S (living organic soil) is an extensive project that can get very expensive when you have to add all of your additives. For me to make my 100 gallon batch, it will be over $800 for everything I need. Hence the reason that my soil has not yet been completed LOL. An LOS, means that other than watering and adding the occasional t or foliar spray..... These girls would be growing and everything organic using no nutrients.

If you're ever driving by my place from yours on the way to Brantford for your base soil, pick me up..... I would love to do the road trip LMAO.

I think that that is a ton of information for you to absorb, but if you read it enough times at all makes complete common sense... To me anyways LMAO. Let me know if you have some questions.

Please excuse any typos lol.

Please remember that this is a Kohl's notes version of a grow setup..... Intended to get you going and for information purposes. There is a ton to learn to Master growing (I'm nowhere near that point), not that much to learn when it comes to growing in the beginning.

Next......your setup.

1 thing that somebody told me in the beginning was by the best that you can afford.....#1 rule.

#2......patience!

If I were you, I would be using a grow tent of at least 3 x 3 ft. The height is negligible depending on whether or not you plan on growing sativas in the future or anything that will get overly massive in height. My first tent was a Hydindoor 3x3 and it worked fine, just had an issue getting to the back when the plants got larger to water. So if you have access to two or more sides that is ideal. The quality of the fabric and the quality of the zippers or what you're looking for. Most are silver lined inside for reflectivity. If it were me, and budget was huge......Id go with a tent off kijiji or Craigslist......all the tent does is hold your stuff. If you are planning on doing phenotypes, you will need two tents, one for vegetative state and one for flower. Flower could be bigger say 3x3 for flower and 2x2 for veg.......for 4 plants.

I grew autos my first round and I was bored with them 1/2 way through veg as they are so super picky ( no transplanting). I did however learn LST on them.

Strains are very personal, but yeah those Crowns are beautiful but my fave so far were my hash plants. Small, compact easy to grow and INCREDIBLE smelling!

Next.....lighting.

I'm assuming that this girl is going to go inside a climate-controlled house? If so, LEDs or HPS can be used. I am a fan of LEDs because you can take them out of the box plug them in, figure out the best height and leave them alone. The biggest difference between LEDs is exactly what you already mentioned, and that is their ability to produce the full spectrum. If you plan on using the same light for veg and for flower you have to make sure that it covers both the red and blue spectrum of lighting, essentially 3000 Kelvin and 6500 Kelvin wavelengths of light. The green and white spectrums aren't as important to us growing (most higher end lights will appear to have white light when you are looking at your plants under them and not that blurple color....its not a measure of quality, but try to stay away from blirple). Most lighting companies that you find second hand or on Amazon for $99, are made in China and although in the correct neighborhood for spectrum could last a very short amount of time. Also look for the ULC or Standards Canada stickers for if they comply. Never buy anything that looks fishy or has no safety standards verification. I once saw a hand-written sticker on the back of a light LMFAO.

Next is air circulation.....

You are going to need two different types of fans, one fan will be for creating air movement within your tent and will lightly blow on your girls in order to help strengthen their stalks and stems. I bought one at Walmart, guys on here use anything from 6 to 12 in for a small tent. A lot of the guys use fans that have clamps on them. The other type of fan is called an inline or squirrel fan + filter combination. This is my 4" fan with a charcoal filter attached. Generally in a small tent a charcoal filter will last as long as two years, smell usually dictates how often you want to change it. The filter is the expensive part of this set up at anywhere from $100-$150 for a small one. You want new You will have to figure out your configuration but mine came through the top corner of my tent and hung vertically down inside in my tent. Some people just hang their filter inside and keep their fan outside, some people put their fan directly inside their tent and just exhaust out the vent holes, it's up to you, depending on how much space and you were configuration. Just make sure your filter is air tight onto your fan, otherwise you will be exhausting smelly air. I would also buy and fan controller to go with your fan so that you can adjust its speed and noise level accordingly.

REMEMBER THAT IT'S ENVIRONMENT FIRST, THEN YOUR PLANTS! I tested my new growth space for two weeks before I introduced any plants. I watched humidity air circulation and temperature over and over and over again.

Lastly, your soil......

As a first-time grower, I would do my first run in Pro mix so as to not complicate things and to get yourself used to growing in and Earth like product if that is the way that you decide to go in the future. Promix is very forgiving for a first-timer.

A couple of things to remember when it comes to soil. If you are using promix, it is considered to essentially be a hybrid between soil and hydroponics, as is Coco coir. Coco's ideal level for pH is 5.7, whereas promix has an ideal pH of 6.5 when growing in it ( buy the best pH tester that you can afford, it will be the only one you buy.). The reason for this is that promix has peat moss in it which allows it to absorb and hold on to moisture longer than Coco. This is what makes Pro mix more like a soil versus coco which has no water retention values and therefore is more like a Hydroponics or dwc setup. Lots of guys/gals use both on here, just remember that if you do decide to use coco as your substrate that you need to rinse it thoroughly before you use it. Especially, if it comes in Brick form rather than loose in a bag. This info is for those who are using standard Hydroponics or soil they're growing medium, this will also be using salt based nutrients and additives....promix can be bought at Lowe's, it looks like this. Only buy HP or BX, nothing with additives (other than Mychorizzae, it helps with root growth). Stay away from all other "soils" hot big box stores as they tend to contain a lot of slow-release nutrients. That is great for tomatoes where you really don't want to be fussing over them all the time, but when it comes to growing marijuana you want to be with the control every step along the way if possible. Thus wheels that have added nutrients built into them are called "hot" soils.

All natural products

Where you get.....online is your best source. Here in Ontario we have an amazing source for our base soils called Black Swallow in Brantford. They also carry a full line of organic amendments in order to be able to build your own custom soil so that it doesn't lack any of the nutrients or microorganisms needed in order to move forward. Building an L O S (living organic soil) is an extensive project that can get very expensive when you have to add all of your additives. For me to make my 100 gallon batch, it will be over $800 for everything I need. Hence the reason that my soil has not yet been completed LOL. An LOS, means that other than watering and adding the occasional t or foliar spray..... These girls would be growing and everything organic using no nutrients.

If you're ever driving by my place from yours on the way to Brantford for your base soil, pick me up..... I would love to do the road trip LMAO.

I think that that is a ton of information for you to absorb, but if you read it enough times at all makes complete common sense... To me anyways LMAO. Let me know if you have some questions.

Please excuse any typos lol.

You are awesome! thank you that answers pretty much all the question I had in my head and that I tried to put in my questions threat...

They also carry a full line of organic amendments in order to be able to build your own custom soil so that it doesn't lack any of the nutrients or microorganisms needed in order to move forward. Building an L O S (living organic soil) is an extensive project that can get very expensive when you have to add all of your additives. For me to make my 100 gallon batch, it will be over $800 for everything I need. Hence the reason that my soil has not yet been completed LOL. An LOS, means that other than watering and adding the occasional t or foliar spray..... These girls would be growing and everything organic using no nutrients.

Yeah that's exacly what my weed plant is in now! (if we are talking about the same thing, I just call it super soil) I went Online to check how to do some L.O.S and thats pretty mutch what I did... I think the only big diff is that my L.O.S didn't cook for as long as the internet advise to (mine cooked for about 2 month) and yes you are right it's expansive... it cost me around 150$ for a bit more than 10 gallons here in brasil

And yes I will deff pick you up wen I go to Brantford, I have some business to do in Toronto as well, I'm talking with my Girl about what I'm gonna do for the growroom and we deff want 100% organic so I'm pretty much sure I'm Gonna go to Bantford (I don't trust organic soil in Quebec) ;)

Thanks again for the reply GUY, Especially after knowing that you do everything on your phone :tokin:

Amazing post Guy! Reps for that and you should put it in your blog as a great summary for anyone looking to one-stop-shop information on setting up a grow :thumb:

I'm a little worried about 4 plants in a 3x3 tent though unless you're going pretty much straight up. This is Bignstrange's 4x4 with 5 LST plants (one in each corner and one in the middle). It's pretty tight in there:

4275cffde1a6a9affad646ec331f56c7.jpg

Here is Kingjoe83's 4x4 (I think) with just three plants in it, and this was a while ago:

aedd3900bed7681e4cb3c3822e10b28a.jpg

I just don't want you to get overcrowded in your tent, especially when you're first starting out. It makes it a little harder every step of the way.

Amazing post Guy! Reps for that and you should put it in your blog as a great summary for anyone looking to one-stop-shop information on setting up a grow :thumb:

I'm a little worried about 4 plants in a 3x3 tent though unless you're going pretty much straight up. This is Bignstrange's 4x4 with 5 LST plants (one in each corner and one in the middle). It's pretty tight in there:

Here is Kingjoe83's 4x4 (I think) with just three plants in it, and this was a while ago:

I just don't want you to get overcrowded in your tent, especially when you're first starting out. It makes it a little harder every step of the way.

Thank you for your pictures of reference! It give's me a better idea for the tent.... I think I'm gonna go with a 5X5 then hahahah, but I'm guessing that the bigger is my tent the harder it is gonna be to keep the right temp/humidity right?...

Oh and Guys !

A question I asked and was not yet answered, is that, is there any changes that I should be looking for on my Queen #2 to know if the forcing to flower is working nicely?

Back
Top Bottom