First Grow Attempt - Coerdringer's Soil Auto AK-47 Feminized Grow Journal - 2017

Perfect - I'll be honest that when I first started there was a whole new language I had to learn. So many terms I had never heard of. :clap:

Yes you can just cut the lower fan leaves off. I usually just pinch them off myself. I pinch off the big ones that are blocking the light from penetrating to the lower buds that may be blocked.

Oh yeah, I'm considering to create a little dictionary :D jk, luckily I'm mid-way of learning these words

Perfect, then I'll remove some of them. It wouldn't be a problem, if I had more space. I'd probably just do ScroG

Oh yeah, I'm considering to create a little dictionary :D jk, luckily I'm mid-way of learning these words

Perfect, then I'll remove some of them. It wouldn't be a problem, if I had more space. I'd probably just do ScroG

I know the feeling - I had a 3x3x8 for my first tent and just upgraded it to a 4x4x8. Even with 8 feet to play with my Photos were getting up to 4 1/2 feet and I was getting concerned. Luckily they stopped stretch at the right height and a little scrogging

I'll be running probably 4 Autos and 2 Photos on my next grow and fire up both tents. I can't fire it up until January as i am going out of town for a couple months starting next week. I miss having a grow.

For me, even 3x3 seems nice. Mine is currently 1.3x1.3x3.93(converted from cm), and well, it's not big(quite small, if you compare it to yours), but enough in my case(although I'd rather have bigger. And I may, if all goes well). Because I'm still living with my parents(currently at the uni. Not that I complain, I'm happy they agreed for me to grow), and while they don't completely disapprove of marijuana, they're not a big fans either. And my dad is fixated on the negative effects marijuana may have on mind(and body) in a long term, which I'm aware of, so he told me "alright, but please, no often than once each month". Obviously, I patted him on the back and said sure. Cause for me, it's like with everything - everything can have negative effects on you, if you overuse it(or overdose). But don't be too strict with it too.
So I may upgrade in a year. And we will see how it goes in upcoming years.

But back to plants, I think mine will stop before they reach 4ft, and if not, I'll just super-crop(at this point I'd rather not use topping).

And where are you going, if I may ask?

For me, even 3x3 seems nice. Mine is currently 1.3x1.3x3.93(converted from cm), and well, it's not big(quite small, if you compare it to yours), but enough in my case(although I'd rather have bigger. And I may, if all goes well). Because I'm still living with my parents(currently at the uni. Not that I complain, I'm happy they agreed for me to grow), and while they don't completely disapprove of marijuana, they're not a big fans either. And my dad is fixated on the negative effects marijuana may have on mind(and body) in a long term, which I'm aware of, so he told me "alright, but please, no often than once each month". Obviously, I patted him on the back and said sure. Cause for me, it's like with everything - everything can have negative effects on you, if you overuse it(or overdose). But don't be too strict with it too.
So I may upgrade in a year. And we will see how it goes in upcoming years.

But back to plants, I think mine will stop before they reach 4ft, and if not, I'll just super-crop(at this point I'd rather not use topping).

And where are you going, if I may ask?

You had me chuckling about your parent. I came home from university once many years ago and had some seeds with me. I was going to try to grow them over summer break. Mom found them and asked me what they were. I said Geranium seeds - Years later she told me she knew what they were...

I live in California where we have Legal Medial Marijuana and on January 1 will have Recreational Marijuana. I had been a daily smoker in the 70-80's but stopped smoking for about 30 years. After the election last year that passed recreational, I got a medical marijuana card. I mostly use it for insomnia but really do enjoy a buzz. On my first grow I netted 7 ounces of bud. Let your parents know the economics - In my area top shelf bud goes for $380 for 28 grams (1 ounce).

My spouse and I retired early and are now doing quite a bit of traveling. On this trip we are taking a cruise from Florida through the Panama Canal, down the west coast of South America and end in Buenos Aires on December 23. We are then going to spend Xmas and New Years in Buenos Aires. The kids weren't pleased but they also support us being away for the holidays - at least as long as I send a check. LOL

I use to counter my parents concerns about health issues of Marijuana with the old argument. Booze does far more damage and is more addictive than weed. Even behaviorally you often see a drunk get mean and angry. I don't think I have ever seen a weed head have anger issues while stoned.

You had me chuckling about your parent. I came home from university once many years ago and had some seeds with me. I was going to try to grow them over summer break. Mom found them and asked me what they were. I said Geranium seeds - Years later she told me she knew what they were...

I live in California where we have Legal Medial Marijuana and on January 1 will have Recreational Marijuana. I had been a daily smoker in the 70-80's but stopped smoking for about 30 years. After the election last year that passed recreational, I got a medical marijuana card. I mostly use it for insomnia but really do enjoy a buzz. On my first grow I netted 7 ounces of bud. Let your parents know the economics - In my area top shelf bud goes for $380 for 28 grams (1 ounce).

My spouse and I retired early and are now doing quite a bit of traveling. On this trip we are taking a cruise from Florida through the Panama Canal, down the west coast of South America and end in Buenos Aires on December 23. We are then going to spend Xmas and New Years in Buenos Aires. The kids weren't pleased but they also support us being away for the holidays - at least as long as I send a check. LOL

I use to counter my parents concerns about health issues of Marijuana with the old argument. Booze does far more damage and is more addictive than weed. Even behaviorally you often see a drunk get mean and angry. I don't think I have ever seen a weed head have anger issues while stoned.

Well, my first time with marijuana was year ago, at my work-holidays. In a place I was coming since about 9 years ago. In the beginning it was just August with windsurfing, or more like one week. It was a windsurfing camp with ski club(well we do other stuff too) I am in. First year one week, then two, again two, then it became another week or two also with my parents, so I started spending a month there. And 2 years ago I started working in the windsurf school that we rented our gear from. So my first time was year ago, this year another, but this time I found who's the dealer there(well, in my country it isn't legal yet, medical marijuana was legalized at the end of August, and it is still processed, cause the doctors need to be educated, and some of them are afraid to prescribe it yet, etc. etc. Maybe in a few years the recreational one get legalized). And this time I got to smoke a little more, and also bought 10g so I have some when I get home. And this one time during the stay there, we got stoned(no idea what strain, I guess some Indica, cause I felt more stoned than high), and it felt really good. So after a few times I decided to try to grow it myself. I bought few seeds, and my plan was - maybe it grows, maybe not, I guess if I buy strong strain it should be fine. And I was aware that it should have good enviroment, but I hoped I will manage without it. But after the seeds arrived I thought actually "screw it, I'm buying equipment". But before that, it passed a few days before I bought the eq and germinated them.

And here comes the funny thing. Before that, I had a few talks with my parents, starting with mentioning that medical mj was legalized, and then shifting the conversation to how mj is actually not that bad, and it's similiar to alcohol but better. Cause you know, the side effects are "better", it for example makes you less violent, overall it's better to smoke it than to drink alcohol. Booze makes you nauseus, and you have hangover afterwards usually. And with weed? You probbably won't reach the weed hangover, and you will get hungry(depends on a strain of course) and rather happy. So after having a few talks with them, my mother got convinced that maybe it actually is not that bad(although she didn't think I'd start growing so felt safe :D), but my father... Well he wasn't so sure yet. But I decided it's time. I wasn't really hiding with growing them - I started in the small plastic thingy after cottage cheese(as you can see on the first photos), and put them on a shelf near my bed with the bed lamp(quite strong it appeared, but still not enough of course). And one day, when my mother wandered to my room she noticed the plants. "- oh wait, is this what I think it is? is it...? - yeah, well... it's... - it's THIS plant right? ;) - yep." I just decided I am not going to lie or anything, aside of how would I hide it later lol, it's one of those plants that it rather difficult to hide. After that, I had a few more talks with her, convincing her that no, I'm not going to sell it to anyone lol(jesus if I'm growing it, and spending money and time(months!) on it, I'm not going to simply sell it), and yes, I know I should be careful with it. But I compared it to drinking beer, which I really like. I love some of the beers with honey, the taste of beer that has bitter-sweet taste connected with taste of honey is like getting a piece of heaven... Sorry, I got a little distracted here. So anyway, it's like with drinking beer for me, I do it for taste, rather than to get wasted(of course I can do that too, but not when I just want the taste), so I do it sometimes, and I'm not going to overuse it. So after those talks, she got more comfortable with it, but of course was still worried, like mothers do. Then again, few days passed, my father still doesn't know, but during one of dinners, my mother randomly goes(to my dad) "hey, hey, did you see what your son has in his room? ;)" (at this point, I haven't my growbox yet going yet, but it stood in the corner of my room, not that noticable, if you don't know it's there, across the room(the door are in right corner, and the tent is across the room, same wall, one midlle sized book-wardrobe before that). And of course he didn't. so he asked me what, I told him, he got little mad and we didn't speak to each other for like a day or two, cause "he thought I was smarter than that", but I had few talks with him too, and he finally got comfortable too. They are actually quite tolerant. On the opposite, the parents of my cousin(his dad is my dad's older brother) would probbably rip his balls if he did that(jk of course, but you get my point). But they, along with my cousin, dicovered my not-so-little-anymore plant, and chuckled about it, and were a little bit surprised that my dad allowed this. And my dad with a laugh replied that he didn't really allow it, but I still did it, and whatchu' gonna do. So he agreed, but as I said earlier, I have to be careful with it. And we joke that the stuff should be ready for christmas, so we will have definitelly happy holidays :D.

So my cousin and his parents recently visited us(one of a few times recently), cause our grandma and my dad's and his brother mom, broke her leg, near the bowel(I'd say femur, but it's not that. They put some metal things in her bones, and she's recovering - it includes training her walking, so you get the point)... Well it's a little story for another time(apart of that she's fine, but she got little lazy because of that - she's recovering in our house currently). So during one of the conversations, the topic went to my plants, and my dad joked that we will buy the vaporizer. And despite he was joking, I actually thought it would be a good idea, and guess who's getting one(for dry herb, I convinced them I'm going to use it mainly for usual herb, and sometimes for mj(since my dad thinks I should rarely do mj), cause for herb it may be actually good for me) for santa's day(we have santa's day and christmas - both days when kids get gifts) :D

But one last word about my dad and marijuana. He read that doing marijuana in a long term, causes problems with your head, so it may impair thinking or memory. Technically it's worse for teenagers, but I'm 21 so not really a teenager anymore. And it's not like I'm going to abuse it. Actually, everything overused, abused, can cause negative effects.

Alright, and speaking of my plants. I'm really curious how it goes. Cause my cousin(same one i just mentioned), same age, grew mj few times, few years ago, apparently. He did it with a friend, and they used a PCBox. And well it's not big, but he told me they got around 100g(3.5 ounces) from 1 plant. And I think he said it was from the same strain I'm currently growing, so I am really curious about mine(my tent has 120cm(3.93feet)).

I think your kids may be actually happy that you are away(well at least for a first few days lol) - or at least as you said, as long as you send the check. Have a nice and safe trip then.

Sounds like your bringing your parents around. I am sure they will become more comfortable with it over time.

I dare say that you probably won't be growing so stealth once the girls start producing their resinous smell. I can tell you that with my last grow once I opened the tent the smell filled the whole house with a smell that can not be mistaken for anything except marijuana. You might start thinking about a carbon filter and fan. I think we all start by trying to be as cheap as possible but end up pouring money into our hobby.

I rarely smoke. I convert almost all of my stuff into a tincture and cannabis sugar pills (directions in my signature). Consuming grass is totally different than smoking as it takes an hour to hour and a half to hit and you often stayed stoned for 4-6 hours. It can be easy to over medicate thinking you didn't take enough and then BAM. My current brew was concentrated down to a strength of about 10 mg per 1/2 ml.

Oh, I already started pouring money into it. And it's mid-flowering so while it's in the garage, so far I only feel it in 1/4 of the house. I don't mind the smell, and luckilly neither do my parents, so as long as it doesn't stink, it's fine. I thought about the filter, but as I said, I may buy it if the smell becomes unbearable.
And if it's about others knowing, our house is 500m from the town's sign, so technically we're not living in town. And the only way someone may know I grow anything in the garage, is by coming into the house. Luckily we don't have much unwanted visitors. Mainly it's familly(which we trust), and... well since germination there weren't many guests that we weoulnd't want to know about the plant so it's fine.

So the filter maybe, and the fan, you mean the rotating one I currently have(probably not, since you most likely saw it on the pics, but I don't have other guesses)?
And speaking of money, I think at this point I spent like... 200$? Maybe little more.

And I saw your thread about the pills. Looks interesting, if you make a right dosage per one pill, so it gets you nice high, and not tie you to the coach, it can be a nice and interesting experience. For example you start watching a movie, and then suddenly you start feeling it. It may get funny if you forget you took it, and it hits you halfway through the movie.

I had to buy some #1 caps as my sugar was too strong for me in a 0 or 00 capsule.

You will get a kick out of this. I was filling caps yesterday and when completed I licked my finger to clean the residue out of the bowl the sugar was in. Really tasted nice - not much was left. Didn't think much about it until 2 hours later I started feeling stony and another 1/2 hour later I was shit faced.

I have exclusively used Indica up until now and I mostly use my meds for chronic insomnia. Let me tell you it works well. I've been averaging 9 hours sleep using the sugar pills. My fitbit tells me I am awake about 1 1/2 hours but when I awaken I drift back off easily without my mind going active about everything in the world.

My next grow I'm planning on some Sativa -- Would like something I can enjoy for more of an energetic high in lieu of a body high.

Pennywise - If I harvested some of my Indica at cloudy prior to amber would that be better for a cerebral high?

It should be more cerebral, i like Stardawg and some of the otger mostly Chem crosses. Nice euforic feeling that relaxes me and really helps to put me to sleep faster.

It should be more cerebral, i like Stardawg and some of the otger mostly Chem crosses. Nice euforic feeling that relaxes me and really helps to put me to sleep faster.

Thanks- I will have to put them on my shopping list.

Is it what I think it is? Are these just new forming buds, or is it something bad?

20171116_192330.jpg

And just look at these beauties.
Not a full entry to my journal, just wanted you all to see how they look now, cause I'll be out of country for a week(ski training camp), starting from this Sunday, so the next time I'm going to see my plants, and share photos with you, will be a week later. I week difference at this point should be huge, right? And as I said previously, the 7th week of growing starts that day. So my question is, should I wait a week more, before starting the final flushes, or still water it once or twice with nuted water?

20171116_192437.jpg
20171116_192447.jpg
20171116_192451.jpg
20171116_192500.jpg
20171116_192508.jpg

I just looked on the plants themselves, and it seems that from one of those thingies on the same level(it's not visible on the photo) comes out the white pistil, so I guess I'll be certain in a few days. But it seems that it's not all round, like the male one look. And it definitelly should show signs earlier if it was male, right? so maybe it had too much stress somehow...? Huh... Well, as I said, I'll be certain, after it develops more.

Hello guys. I'm back, and with few pics. Although the full entry I'm going to upload no sooner than tomorrow. I came home 2 hours ago, so you can guess I'm little bit tired ;)

So I checked at my plants, and it appears the taller one is around 80cm and the second one around 70cm. Wow. So before I left a week ago, I thought they stopped growing, since they didn't grow for a few days, and then BOOM - over 10cm in a span of a few days. But there also appeared a few issues.
Of course some of nute burn(but I guess these were ther remainings of the previous issues(since the last watering was the flush)), but also a few issues that I don't know what they are and whether they are bad or not.

Oh, and I spotted a few brown pistils, but I guess it's due to too much/too few light.

2 more weeks to harvest I guess(and hope).
As I said, tomorrow the full entry.

Here you go.
EDIT: It seems that there is this one photo that gallery can't process, and I can't upload it here, so I will use imgur once more.

20171126_181803.jpg
20171126_181725.jpg
20171126_180937.jpg
20171126_180906.jpg

mZjucjV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom