First Grow, Ever: Durban Poison Organic Soil 5 Gallon Pots 7 Weeks Veg

One question, why do you use mycorrhizal fungi for feeding?

Just one question Conradino23?

According to my research... mycorrhizal fungi is used to help the plant

assimilate nutrients
help builds strong root system
provides components necessary for maintaining a living soil full of good fungi and bacteria.

Geez, that is about the sexiest damn thing I have said all day....

Hello,

This is my first grow, ever! I have 6 Durban Poison and 2 plants I call GYOF (GYO Seedbank Freebies). They are 7 weeks into veg. I'm getting ready to put the first layer of netting down in a couple of days. My soil is my own recipe that I made completely from 100% organic components. Since I have never done this before I would love some advice on how they look to you.
Great soil mix and good looking ladies. For sure get that trellis set. You may need a 2nd and 3rd layer. I grew Durban poison and it really stretches. Light to the ceiling and extra bamboo. I loved growing it and the smoke is/was amazing. I kept two seeds and plan on popping them soon.

I'm so sorry... Another detail I am going to learn to add to the info...

All of the seeds are feminized. As far as a lot of weed for a first time run... Heck Yes. It's kinda freaking me out. I didn't know how well they would do and just put the seeds in the ground. Germination rate was excellent.

I hope my auto fem seeds behave that mannerly when the day comes ...

Just one question Conradino23?

According to my research... mycorrhizal fungi is used to help the plant

assimilate nutrients
help builds strong root system
provides components necessary for maintaining a living soil full of good fungi and bacteria.

Geez, that is about the sexiest damn thing I have said all day....

Ok, I really need to come up with explanation for my question then. Mycos work wonders indeed, but mycorrhiza is established after 6 weeks after inoculation and only if certain conditions are met. Particularly, mycorrhiza won’t develop with high phosphorus concentration, which means repeated use of bloom fertilisers will stop it in tracks.

Anyway, applying mycos with every feeding does nothing unfortunately.

Ok, I really need to come up with explanation for my question then. Mycos work wonders indeed, but mycorrhiza is established after 6 weeks after inoculation and only if certain conditions are met. Particularly, mycorrhiza won’t develop with high phosphorus concentration, which means repeated use of bloom fertilisers will stop it in tracks.

Thank you for the information. This is my first grow and until I found this site I had only the www to research. The only additional fertilizers I would give thought to use would be bat guano using higher nitrogen type for veg and higher in phosphorous for flower. Many minds are better than one. I will research this again. Thank you.

For those of us running organic living soil, applying once a week with watering is highly effective. You are right though, if you are putting chlorine in your soil, or as you said, heavy bloom nutes, it is a waste of time and money adding myco, and the soils that come with myco in there provide little benefit unless you work to keep those colonies alive.

Inoculation should be done in the very beginning. That’s it. Later application doesn’t make sense, cause after mycorrhiza is established you can’t make it bigger with more mycos :)

Here is an update on the Durban Poison girls. It has been a week since my original post. I didn't get the nets up so I'm letting them grow au natural from this point. I ended up flipping to 12/12 on 30 Dec 19. This is what they look like one week after the first post and photos. How do they look? Anything else I need to do?
DSC_0857.JPG
DSC_0857.JPG
DSC_0858.JPG
DSC_0858.JPG
DSC_0859.JPG

Welcome GrowGirl63 :welcome: I'm new to the site as well. I've been growing for almost 10 years now, and as for my first grow I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...Yours on the other hand looks beautiful, making me jealous :adore:

Oh my MochaBud, never be jealous. I have been on pins and needles doing this. It is a very fun, educational, recreational and medicinal project for me. Plus, I wanted to go organic, no till, living soil. The healthier the herb, the happier the herb. That is kind of my thought process. Wow, 10 years? I can only imagine the quality of cannabis you are growing after 10 years.

Oh my MochaBud, never be jealous. I have been on pins and needles doing this. It is a very fun, educational, recreational and medicinal project for me. Plus, I wanted to go organic, no till, living soil. The healthier the herb, the happier the herb. That is kind of my thought process. Wow, 10 years? I can only imagine the quality of cannabis you are growing after 10 years.
I started off in a card board box, not much better now I'm still in the closet...haha...but I went from Miracle Grow to organics myself about 7 years ago and never looked back it is much easier to take care of and amend...and my grows are pretty decent I have a few strains...OG#8...Liberty Haze...White Widow...Grand Daddy Purple...and a cross that happened by mistake of a female GDP and a male LH...I haven't named it but this is a pic or 2...
this 1 is my avatar.....

GDP x Liberty Haze.JPG
gdp x lh.JPG

Isn't she a beauty. Are those hues of blue I see?
Yes mam, they sure are, she is a fantastic mistake, and with mistakes comes lots and lots of beans for that strain :rofl:...that I still have no name for :hmmmm:

You know you are going to name her. What is her mistake genetic makeup again? You should make a post about the mistake and tell everyone about your new strain - she is a beauty - and have everyone post a possible name for her... that would be fun.

I have been doing my best. It is my first time growing and it is very hard to pull green beautiful healthy parts of the plant off. I have watched more videos than I care to remember, read everything I can get my hands on and plan to be a stellar super-cropper someday. Maybe you could drop by and teach me? LOL

You know you are going to name her. What is her mistake genetic makeup again? You should make a post about the mistake and tell everyone about your new strain - she is a beauty - and have everyone post a possible name for her... that would be fun.
She is a female Grand Daddy Purple x a male Liberty Haze cross...I was new and thought the LH was a female o_O and they were the only 2 in the closet at the time :p that was.......9 years ago, and my wife calls her Elizabeth Taylor or Blue diamonds, I called it Mine :rofl:
I have been doing my best. It is my first time growing and it is very hard to pull green beautiful healthy parts of the plant off. I have watched more videos than I care to remember, read everything I can get my hands on and plan to be a stellar super-cropper someday. Maybe you could drop by and teach me? LOL
I can tell you now all it takes is a green thumb and a passion, and you seem to have both :thumb: me I decided to go perpetual as to always have something, dabs, cookies, smoke, I honestly can't remember the last time we went without. I was getting a QP per plant w/CFLs, now I have a 1000w HPS and she's kickin them into overdrive, so, I expect about a half or more in a full flower term :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom