First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Thanks for the feedback!

Its been a little warm down in the south and humidity is low. I put some water in the tent to help raise it. I have a humidifier but I dont think that is quite necessary yet.

We are ecstatic about the grow!! The Jack Here sprouted with a little root poking through the shell. In a couple of days this one too will go into the soil. I'll try the bum seed and see how it goes. Maybe it wasnt mature enough.

I am thinking to start nutes the at the next watering; I have the Fox Farm trio. Personally I dont see how they are that beneficial until the plants are much older and of size and/or they have made their last transplant into their final and large pots.

Can I have more information on the LED light? its actual wattage draw, spectrums and brand if you know :)
Seems to me LED seems to be emitting a lot of blue lights, which is good for veg but you need a lot of deep red for flowering; was wondering if your led could switch those preferred spectrums like platinum led.

Good Luck! subbed :thumb:

I cannot give the brand for the moderator will edit my post. I dont use a manf. that is advertising and has a vested interest in this blog. The model is V600. The LED has switches for both veg and flower.

Just reply and let me know you got this so I can edit it out. I dont want to have a run-in with the law.

Happy to help in whatever way I can...

Can I have more information on the LED light? its actual wattage draw, spectrums and brand if you know :)
Seems to me LED seems to be emitting a lot of blue lights, which is good for veg but you need a lot of deep red for flowering; was wondering if your led could switch those preferred spectrums like platinum led.

Good Luck! subbed :thumb:

Subbd up. Lookn good thus far!! Please make sure to not over water. It happens to everyone once in a while but can be an unnecessary oops resulting in the loss of seedlings. Just relax n go with the flow. Peace!!

I see SO MANY peeps on here growing in soil.

But I wonder if that has more to do with the STATE you might live in and therefore access to or Not there-of to Hydro Shops

Have they they never heard of ebay or amazon? (check-mark option: put in an Amazon Box, oh privacy...well, only with-out a warrant, but yeah, basically)

I got some pressure from curiosity and from my better half so I picked up the supplies for a single bucket hydro.

We are going to put it together and see how it goes.

:- )

I see SO MANY peeps on here growing in soil.

But I wonder if that has more to do with the STATE you might live in and therefore access to or Not there-of to Hydro Shops

Have they they never heard of ebay or amazon? (check-mark option: put in an Amazon Box, oh privacy...well, only with-out a warrant, but yeah, basically)

This pic is from tonight.

Will start the third seed, Jack Herer, this weekend in a hydro bucket with the dark red clay balls. The seed will go into rockwool.

20170126_164208.jpg

Two pics to show the growth for the two girls.

The fourth seed I started had sprouted about .5mm. I checked it and the water had completely dried up. It was all my fault I didnt check her and I was heartbroken to think it was dead and I killed it from neglect. I felt TERRIBLE. So I though to myself "what would it hurt? Put more water in it just like the dud seed that held out over. I checked back in about an hour and the tiny root had grown about 1cm. I was SO enthiastic I shouted "Are you KIDDING ME?!". You could have heard me from the neighbors. My better half wants to try DWC hydroponics so I got a bucket, basket, tubing, stone, air pump, etc... and stuck the rockwool into the clay balls.

1. Is there any forsight to the base of the Snowcap GDP with the deformity? I plan on using a toothpick and will help anchor it as it grows. Maybe it is more of a natural LST? I dunno but I will give it the best care and help it anyway I can.

2. The Jack Herer seed went into the rockwool. I have Fox Farm Trio (not hydro) When to start nutrients? At what strength? How much water in the bucket? Some say just below the basket and some say just below the rock wool and then drain out little by little to force the roots to grow and flourish.

Thank you!

20170130_184040.jpg

20170130_184045.jpg

I transplanted the girls into their final pots last night.

I took these pics about 15 minutes ago. They were a bit droopy, it was their 6th day without water, but today they have perked up and out. Looking mighty fine there!

I dont know if the 3rd seed will make it. It didnt take into the rockwool but stiffened up when I out it back into the water. It would certainly be sweet to have the 3rd seed but the others are too far along now. I could always put the sprout, it it makes it, under a CFL until its time to transplant.

I am using BATCH64 - Moonshine for the soil. The ingredients are practically the same as the hand-made mix. I heard that it is safe to wait for 6 weeks before starting nutrients. Any comments about this?

Pics are below -

This one needs the chopstick to help hold it up. She might be crippled her whole life but I am darn sure gonna see if she will flower!
20170205_170922.jpg

20170205_1709131.jpg

Back
Top Bottom