First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

Ok thanks guys, I'll be taking them off today. Also, I'm debating whether I should do another round of tucking. Let's see...

Possible cons- snapping a stem, knocking off a bunch of pistils, stress,

Possible pros- bigger plant, more space for each cola, helps maintain height, better light penetration/air flow

So it would seem the possible pros out weight the cons. but not sure if it's necessary, and I don't want to snap a stem or lose pistils. Ahh I don't know.

Do plants (sativas) tend to stretch longer than 3-4 weeks, she is an 10-11 week flower.

Update: so today Charlotte is 3 weeks and 5 days into Flower, almost a month. Just over 10 weeks old total.

I watered her today with 1&1/2 gallons filtered water with 5ml calmag. PH -6.5 PPM- 600. I first put the amount I have on my schedule, which actually was quite low ppm. So I've adjusted my schedule accordingly. Temp 69-78 RH% 40-50.

She doesn't seem to be stretching much anymore, so I decided against another round of tucking. I want her colas to be long and fat. Also removed the LST ties, as per advice from the great people here! She seems to be great so far. Developing nicely. Seems like the bud sites are getting bigger everyday. Starting to get some of that frost too! Lol I measured her again today at 24" wide, 33" long, and about 19"-20" tall at the highest part.

Also just as a precaution, I put small pieces of black duct tape over the indicator light/on-off buttons of both my surge protectors. Small light, but you never know. Better safe then sorry.

I have really been thinking about something lately. LED lights, more specifically the quality. Don't get me wrong I love my lights (Galaxy Hydro300, Mars Hydro300, and Mars 2 900, plus two 150 watt ufo's for side/supplemental lighting). Especially the 900, I'm excited to use it. But, i have been looking at the Perfect Sun by Black Diamond. And man, these lights/spectrums look awesome. Really good quality it seems. Im currently looking into the Dwarf Star, trying to convince my wife that I "need it". Lol she will come around.

Pics from today
420-magazine-mobile1389204554.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1971235317.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1533629195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile486619593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1097451212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile985638328.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1166554212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1906502279.jpg

Looking really good for a first grow kevin. Ur gonna have alot of smoke if your girl keeps growing the way she is. Great gardening!

Hey Jgrowlove! Thanks, I appreciate that.

Hopefully I get a decent yeild. But potency is just as important to me as yeild, maybe more. I have access to good stuff via medical recommendation/card. In my legal state. So I want to grow better quality bud than I can buy. Hopefully:thumb:

I'm really torn right now between two LED lights. The Black Daimond Perfect Sun Dwarf Star, and the Mars Hydro Pro 2 160. Any opinions from anyone who owns either of these lights. They both seem like great products, made very well. Mars has Epistar chips, and the DS has mostly Bridgelux. Mars - 5 watt diodes DS - 3 watt diodes. The DS covers 3.5 by 3. Mars pro 2 160 covers 2 by 3. What I love about Black Daimond lights are that they are an American made LED. Vs Chinese made Mars. I think I'm leaning towards the Dwarf Star. Plus I already have two mars hydro lights. Opinions please

I'm really torn right now between two LED lights. The Black Daimond Perfect Sun Dwarf Star, and the Mars Hydro Pro 2 160. Any opinions from anyone who owns either of these lights. They both seem like great products, made very well. Mars has Epistar chips, and the DS has mostly Bridgelux. Mars - 5 watt diodes DS - 3 watt diodes. The DS covers 3.5 by 3. Mars pro 2 160 covers 2 by 3. What I love about Black Daimond lights are that they are an American made LED. Vs Chinese made Mars. I think I'm leaning towards the Dwarf Star. Plus I already have two mars hydro lights. Opinions please

Can't give real opinion don't have either. That said DS looks kind of nice and looks like has dimmer for 50-100%, and the added benefit of made in us.

Can't give real opinion don't have either. That said DS looks kind of nice and looks like has dimmer for 50-100%, and the added benefit of made in us.

Yes the Perfect Sun DS is an awesome looking light. I think I've definitely decided, now I just gotta convince the wife. Lol Also looked at the light you have, KIND looks amazing as well. They have won quite a few awards. Although very pricy. There are just too many LED manufacturers out there now that are doing great things. Hard to decide lol:volcano-smiley:

So today Charlotte is 1 month, 2 days into Flower. Last watered her today, 9/3, with 1 and 1/2 gallons. 5ml calmag, 3tsp Big Bloom, 2 and 1/2tsp Tiger Bloom. PH 6.4 PPM -650. Temp - 69-80 F, RH - 40-50 % hoping it stays in that range through to harvest.

She seems to be doing good. I'm going to start watering her every 3 days from now on I think. She has been getting too dried out when watering every 4 days. So would it be better to up water amount to 2 gallons, still every 4 days. Or, same 1 and 1/2 gallons and water every 3 days. Some advice would be nice.

Also, looking to get some Bloom boosters/supplements. I think I'm gonna get Botanicare Hydroplex, or something from their Sweet line. Still waiting for my Mammoth P to get here. Any suggestions on good Bloom boosters for soil?

Anyways, things are moving along, still quite a while to go though. I'll take some pics, and post them later today.

Back
Top Bottom