First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

Hmm, well that might be the problem. I'm using 5 gallon so I guess flushing with 5 gallons was insufficient. I'll give her 10 this flush. Again thanks for the info

Yeah I'd use at least 10gal (for a 5 pot), I'm actually amazed it it takes so much but the ppm meter doesn't really lie, and 5 gallons only about halves my ppms from where ever they started in the first gallon, by end of 10 though it's usually enough... to take it down low (<200), but even then if you really trying to get everything out you'll need a couple more after that for about 15. I use tap usually for the first 10... then 1-2 gallons of distilled to help flush the tap water out, then a good 15-20min pause. Then 2 gallons of distilled (enough to make sure it's getting everywhere) with the new-nutes to reset. That said you know the problems I've had so maybe I'm not the best to listen too. lol

Yeah I'd use at least 10gal (for a 5 pot), I'm actually amazed it it takes so much but the ppm meter doesn't really lie, and 5 gallons only about halves my ppms from where ever they started in the first gallon, by end of 10 though it's usually enough... to take it down low (<200), but even then if you really trying to get everything out you'll need a couple more after that for about 15. I use tap usually for the first 10... then 1-2 gallons of distilled to help flush the tap water out, then a good 15-20min pause. Then 2 gallons of distilled (enough to make sure it's getting everywhere) with the new-nutes to reset. That said you know the problems I've had so maybe I'm not the best to listen too. lol

Yeah I think 10 gallons should be enough. I'll be flushing tomorrow with straight RO water, probably ph it to 6.8. If after the 10 gallons, the PPM's haven't gone down enough, I'll give her more in one gallon increments.

Im hoping this will help her. .

Little update, just flushed her with 11 gallons of RO water. PH 6.8. I had to do it 2 gallons at a time. Made sure to record numbers so I knew she was being flushed properly. These were the results.

All water going in was about 15-20 ppm. PH in 6.8 Recorded numbers in 2 gallon increments. At the first sight of run - off, I tested the water, it's was 901ppm. then after

1st 2 gallons - 865ppm ph 6.4
2nd 2 gallons - 711ppm ph 6.4
3rd 2 gallons - 542ppm ph 6.3
4th 2 gallons - 397ppm ph 6.6
5th 2 gallons - 306ppm ph 6.7
And then one last gallon, to make it 11 gallons. Got it down to 250ppm. The ph numbers kinda baffle me.

After that, which had taken almost 3 hours, I was satisfied. Then I put another gallon through her to replace what was washed out. It was a really low dose of Bloom nutes.

So we will see what happens, I hope this helped her. She's only got a few more weeks left.

After that, which had taken almost 3 hours,

P I T A isn't it!
Goes easier when you can take a puff-puff-2-4gallons-puff-puff break. :)

:goodjob:

Your PH results are somewhat expected, I find it's somewhat usual that ph will trend upward with less nutes throughout the soil, at least with my nutes and soil it's worked that way as the mixture itself is naturally like 6.0 so it tends to drag my soil ph down (regardless of input water ph) a bit when it's all loaded up, and it trends higher the less there seems to be left in the soil.

P I T A isn't it!
Goes easier when you can take a puff-puff-2-4gallons-puff-puff break. :)

:goodjob:

Your PH results are somewhat expected, I find it's somewhat usual that ph will trend upward with less nutes throughout the soil, at least with my nutes and soil it's worked that way as the mixture itself is naturally like 6.0 so it tends to drag my soil ph down (regardless of input water ph) a bit when it's all loaded up, and it trends higher the less there seems to be left in the soil.

Such a hassle. But def necessary. I need to rethink things for my next run. I plan on doing a scrog grow again. But it's makes watering and flushing hard.

So, I'm thinking of few different ideas. I got some time. Lol anyways, thanks for stopping by KnightHawk

Such a hassle. But def necessary. I need to rethink things for my next run. I plan on doing a scrog grow again. But it's makes watering and flushing hard.

So, I'm thinking of few different ideas. I got some time. Lol anyways, thanks for stopping by KnightHawk

I hear you on that one! When I do a scrog I simply put my pot on 2 bricks and slide a rectangle deep baking tray underneath to catch the run off. The plant doesn't sit in water anymore and it's very easy to test the run off too .

Time for an update.

Charlotte is 8 weeks 1 days post flip. 57 days
Breeder says its a 70-77 day flower. Well see
Temps - 70-81* F RH - 41-53

I fed Charlotte yesterday. 2 gallons RO water with 4ml Calmag, 1 and 1/2 tsp Big Bloom, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom, 4ml Hydroplex, 4ml Bud Candy per gallon. ~450ppm. (Including ph up) I have been watering every 3 days. Feed feed water routine. She got 2 gallons this time, because after the usual 1 and 1/2, there was barley any run-off. I guess she's drinking more. Hoping that the flush helped. She doesn't seem to be getting any worse. I think I will start to up her feed PPM's every feed until flush. I have a chart I keep along with my feed schedule, that shows the days I watered, and the PH and PPM of each feed. Just like to be organized.

Really worried that whatever the problem was, Nitrogen toxicity, lockout. That it has held her back from swelling as much as she could have. Well see what happens in these last couple weeks. On a good note, she is so dank smelling. And so sticky. Her buds feel real dense too. I've had to zip tie a few colas to the scrog screen to keep them up.

Also have had some dead leaves fall off, that were under the screen out of light, so that's normal. Some slight yellowing starting to happen too, but should be OK since she's in her last couple weeks. Looking at her trichs, they all look mostly cloudy. Haven't seen any amber yet. Maybe one or two, buts it's hard to tell.

Pics coming later today

Pics from today
420-magazine-mobile1227614414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1892142279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1749464028.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1929580760.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1535225276.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1160057983.jpg
420-magazine-mobile101731725.jpg
420-magazine-mobile35958548.jpg
420-magazine-mobile296692979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1328946989.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1226533713.jpg

I really want to harvest at the right time. It's a sativa Dom hybrid, so I'd like the balance to lean a little toward the sativa effect. She looks like she's got half cloudy half clear, maybe more cloudy. Don't want her to go to long into the Harvest window. Thoughts?

Anytime after 50-50 cloudy-clear is ok to harvest for sativas. Majority cloudy & some clears perfect. Don't depend on trichomes too much....bud appearance & development is just as important. Stigmas at 75% colored is usually ripe. Lastly smell will diminish when past ripe. Amber is past peak ripe. :Namaste:
Ok thanks, we'll I'd like her to go a little longer, just to see if she will continue swelling. I'd like the majority to be cloudy, with some clear. So I'll keep a close eye on her, to make sure she doesn't go too long. Thanks BL

Hey Kevin!

Noticed you on my grow journal and just stumbled across yours! That's a beautiful girl you got there, I'm going to read back and see how you got her to where she is!

Thanks for stopping by mine, I'm gunna sub, im excited to watch you finish this up!

:thumb:

Hey Kevin!

Noticed you on my grow journal and just stumbled across yours! That's a beautiful girl you got there, I'm going to read back and see how you got her to where she is!

Thanks for stopping by mine, I'm gunna sub, im excited to watch you finish this up!

:thumb:

Thanks man welcome glad to have ya. Your gonna have some gorgeous girls as well, those lights are nice, can't wait to see what they produce

If they turn out anything like yours I'll be over the moon!

:blunt:

So I watered her today. First gallon was just straight RO water with 5ml Calmag. PH 6.8. Then I gave her another gallon with nutes. I up'd the ppm. She got 6ml Calmag, 2tsp Big Bloom, 2tsp Tiger Bloom, 6ml Hydroplex, and 5ml Bud Candy per gallon. PH 6.6Hope she handles it well.

She has a couple weird looking leaves, maybe some kind of deficiency resulting from the previous issue. (Nitro toxicity, salt build up, maybe lockout of some kind) Those symptoms (claw, dark green, and pale/brown spots) have not gotten worse. She's actually looks better, starting to lighten up, and the claw is better. The spots have not spread either.

But, now a few other leaves showing a deficiency I think, so maybe the big feed is exactly what she needed. Anyways, I'll be giving her probably 2 more feedings, then start the flush. 2 weeks or so and she's coming down.

Back
Top Bottom