First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

Nice looking harvest, Kevin! :goodjob:

Will be interesting to see how much you yield dry. I'm weighing mine both wet and dry. Once it dries I can give you an idea of how much weight is lost in drying when completed.

Thanks GOP, I appreciate it. your scrog grow is a beautiful thing! girls are looking amazing.Excited to see them finish

Thanks for stopping by .
Would it be good to make decider in my tent to seal half tent really good so they are decided
420-magazine-mobile482288464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395103097.jpg
420-magazine-mobile70928593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile447523135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2132683038.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2085100149.jpg
420-magazine-mobile348817488.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1723937401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile459582887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1720584263.jpg

I would pull that asap, a divider most likely won't work and you'll endanger the rest of your sensimillia

You could harvest the pollen and keep it for a rainy day!

You can use the pollen to pollinate a female and produce seeds, in a seperate space of course, for ease of use most people just chuck males

What to do with them on rainy days lol? And can we get seeds from male to use them later?
Yes that's what the pollen would be used for. Making seeds. I would pull them all and discard. Dividing the room would be pointless, why keep them going unless you want pollen. If you do want pollen, read up on how to extract and store it. Then read up on how to get seeds with the pollen.

Otherwise I would toss em, and focus on the females. Good luck .

Nice looking harvest, Kevin! :goodjob:

Will be interesting to see how much you yield dry. I'm weighing mine both wet and dry. Once it dries I can give you an idea of how much weight is lost in drying when completed.

Thanks Troy! Ya I'm definitely curious. But I'm happy with whatever weight I get. I'm just glad it was a successful grow, and what seems like good potent bud. Lol but I do still want to know. So I can at least estimate what the wet weight was. Thanks again man .

Yes that's what the pollen would be used for. Making seeds. I would pull them all and discard. Dividing the room would be pointless, why keep them going unless you want pollen. If you do want pollen, read up on how to extract and store it. Then read up on how to get seeds with the pollen.

Otherwise I would toss em, and focus on the females. Good luck .
Ok sounds good but it sucks I put to much time and work and out of 16 I have 5 males hahaha

Ok sounds good but it sucks I put to much time and work and out of 16 I have 5 males hahaha
More space for your ladies to fill out!

I threw my males outside and just fucked with them, stressed them, hit them hard with high ppm doses, broke main stems etc etc just to see what I could learn from them, to test their limits, was a great learning experience for my first grow(gotta be careful not to handle them then go to tent though)

So the buds have been drying, for 2 days. They went into the tent 10-16-17 late night. The buds seem to be drying at a good rate, hoping they take about another 4-5 days. At least.

The smell is amazing. Seems like since the chop, the smells gotten stronger. I've heard that after plants get chopped, they sometimes have a fresh cut grass smell to them. I don't smell that at all, on any of the buds. They smell stanky danky. Lol

The environment has been perfect in the tent for drying.
Temps been at 69-72 with consistent humidity of about 50%. That's about the right range am I right?

I'll post another update, once the buds are done drying. I'll take a bunch of pics and show the final dry weight.

Sounds like your on point man! .

Sounds like you've got the situation under control. For me the grass smell/taste usually starts to happen once i put into jars to cure. Especially the first few handful of times of burping the jars because i can NEVER RESIST taking a big deep inhale to store the info in my head and compare the smells of fresh, to the smells of a patiently cured medicine. It will get better with time. Same goes for taking that early sample bud and throwing it into our favorite smoking utensil. At first, maybe not too great, right? But with time...the magic of cure begins to happen and everything just tends to be better because you dont have that "fresh cut grass" smell interfering, diluting, or hiding the natural profiles of terpines/smells, and tastes. Simply put, id prefer to puff a fatty of some 2 year cured goodness instead of some fresh fresh! Know what i mean chili-bean?
Just my 2 cents. ✌

Sounds like a nice cure - My first batch of 3 colas were hung 2 days ago. This morning I felt the tent was running hot and noticed my spouse had accidently knocked the fan tubing off. The tent was running at 93 F --- damn.... the buds were feeling a little crunchy on the outside and a couple stems snapped so I pulled them did final trim and jarred them.

I chopped another 3 colas this morning and think I am going to put them in a drying closet instead of the tent.

As a point of reference I'm averaging 23% after drying.

Sounds like you've got the situation under control. For me the grass smell/taste usually starts to happen once i put into jars to cure. Especially the first few handful of times of burping the jars because i can NEVER RESIST taking a big deep inhale to store the info in my head and compare the smells of fresh, to the smells of a patiently cured medicine. It will get better with time. Same goes for taking that early sample bud and throwing it into our favorite smoking utensil. At first, maybe not too great, right? But with time...the magic of cure begins to happen and everything just tends to be better because you dont have that "fresh cut grass" smell interfering, diluting, or hiding the natural profiles of terpines/smells, and tastes. Simply put, id prefer to puff a fatty of some 2 year cured goodness instead of some fresh fresh! Know what i mean chili-bean?
Just my 2 cents. ✌

Ya I'm really trying to nail this dry and cure. Patience will be hard, but I can handle it! . I'll be curing jars for different lengths of time. But they will go at least 2 weeks before I smoke any of it. At least one full jar I'm going to be curing for 2 months.

Ya I'm really trying to nail this dry and cure. Patience will be hard, but I can handle it! . I'll be curing jars for different lengths of time. But they will go at least 2 weeks before I smoke any of it. At least one full jar I'm going to be curing for 2 months.

Nice - It will be appreciated to hear your curing times and results. My GDP has been in jars for a little over a month now and I still haven't tried it. I'm burping them daily and rotating the jars - it will probably be another month until it's ready.

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom