First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

It's a love/hate relationship. I'm a native and have been living in it for a few years now - definitely enjoy the coast and the southern areas. Not really a fan of the Eastern areas. It's funny how many of the Californian transplants up here refer to the coast as Seaside Beach or Cannon Beach specifically. :)

My wife and I wanna visit Oregon to try and get a feel if we want to try and retire there.

It's a great place to live and die. There are a wide array of community types from town to town so it's important to find the one you mesh well with. Where are you currently at Archi? There definitely is a huge influx of people coming to Oregon right now - but I imagine the hype will resolve itself over the coming years. It truly is paradise - so maybe not though.

-OF

:smokin:

Your ladies are looking very nice. I really like the way your training them. Do you plan on moving these ladies outside for flower or were you intending on flowering them indoors? The reason I ask is because we are pretty much in the same area and when the hot weather shows up in a month from now and it will show up, your going to have a real battle on your hands keeping your tent temps down in the 70's in fact you may have issues just keeping them down in the lower 80's. Do not mean to be a Debby Downer but it is better to be aware ahead of time then trying to figure out a game plan at the last moments.
I am not a native Oregonian but I have lived here for the last 32 years and it has gotten pretty crazy here in the last 8 to 10 years. Seems like every week I hear something crazy happening up here, though I must say Mothers Day was a bit out there even for the "Portland" area.

Your ladies are looking very nice. I really like the way your training them. Do you plan on moving these ladies outside for flower or were you intending on flowering them indoors? The reason I ask is because we are pretty much in the same area and when the hot weather shows up in a month from now and it will show up, your going to have a real battle on your hands keeping your tent temps down in the 70's in fact you may have issues just keeping them down in the lower 80's. Do not mean to be a Debby Downer but it is better to be aware ahead of time then trying to figure out a game plan at the last moments.
I am not a native Oregonian but I have lived here for the last 32 years and it has gotten pretty crazy here in the last 8 to 10 years. Seems like every week I hear something crazy happening up here, though I must say Mothers Day was a bit out there even for the "Portland" area.

Hey OG - Good to see ya stopping by! Thank you for the kind words. It's fun giving them the extra love with the training and watching them respond. I will be keeping the girls inside for flowering as well - Currently, I have a 10,200 BTU LG Portable Air Conditioner to help control the room temperature. The room is about 200 sq. ft so this does a good job keeping the temp under control. My carbon filter is attached to a fan that exhausts with the AC- so that is a nice feature to have as well.

On a side note- I'm looking into all my options for adding Co2 currently - any suggestions? :bongrip:

Preach on about the weather up here. It's insane this season and you're right - it has been for the past 8!! Especially these last 4 though. I'm anticipating an extremely hot summer for the PNW and lasting into the later months. How are you going to keep your greenhouse cool when it's hitting 90+?

Hey OG - Good to see ya stopping by! Thank you for the kind words. It's fun giving them the extra love with the training and watching them respond. I will be keeping the girls inside for flowering as well - Currently, I have a 10,200 BTU LG Portable Air Conditioner to help control the room temperature. The room is about 200 sq. ft so this does a good job keeping the temp under control. My carbon filter is attached to a fan that exhausts with the AC- so that is a nice feature to have as well.

On a side note- I'm looking into all my options for adding Co2 currently - any suggestions? :bongrip:

Preach on about the weather up here. It's insane this season and you're right - it has been for the past 8!! Especially these last 4 though. I'm anticipating an extremely hot summer for the PNW and lasting into the later months. How are you going to keep your greenhouse cool when it's hitting 90+?

I have a couple of options but they all require time. I can install cooling pads on one end of the greenhouse and install a larger exhaust fan at the other end. I have seen it work on greenhouses that were 50 x 200 so I am pretty sure it would work for mine as well. That system does require some time to set up though and that is one commodity as of late that I seem to be short on, so I may have to resort to plan "B" and remove the plastic for a few weeks and install shade clothe. Both set ups will work, just not sure which one I will be doing this year. On one hand I am very glad I worked in the maintenance department for one of the larger greenhouse growers in Oregon for 8 years, it makes coming up with solutions to these kinds of problems a little easier.

What are you feeding them to help make up for the defoliation? It's like tearing muscles, and it's all about what they eat after a workout

Great point, Braica! I've upped the dosage and giving them a boost of N & K. I'm also giving them an extra dose of mycorrhizal and bacteria (Yucca extract, Kelp and humic acid). Do you have any rec's on what else I should give em? I waited to defoliate right before the feeding session - the girls are mad but they are going to come back stronger!! :yummy:

:allgood:

It's a great place to live and die. There are a wide array of community types from town to town so it's important to find the one you mesh well with. Where are you currently at Archi? There definitely is a huge influx of people coming to Oregon right now - but I imagine the hype will resolve itself over the coming years. It truly is paradise - so maybe not though.

-OF

:smokin:

I'm in socal, but we both served in the military so we're used to bouncing around. Just looking for a place to put down roots and grow old...er lol

Great thread! Those plants are great. I think my plants were a bit too far along to lst...if there is such a thing, maybe just an excuse not to lol. I did defoliate what I thought was a lot but I am sure it might not be enough. Way to go on your first grow. Will be sub a dubbed to the four plants in a tub :surf:

Great thread! Those plants are great. I think my plants were a bit too far along to lst...if there is such a thing, maybe just an excuse not to lol. I did defoliate what I thought was a lot but I am sure it might not be enough. Way to go on your first grow. Will be sub a dubbed to the four plants in a tub :surf:

Nice! Thank you! Ehhh- still in veg? Then they can work out with some training! :) Yea, I really went tough on the defoliating with mine at a young age. I will do this once more then let them recover and stretch out nicely then fill in. I shocked the heck out of them early on so they are a little behind right now. You made me laugh with your last line! :) Checking out your journal now and will definitely sub in as well!

:thumb:

Update:

Hello :420: community and friends!

I will be feeding them again soon and going through another round of defoliation while in veg. I'm hoping GDP #1 is going to produce a nice top cola. I've got her going through some LST and pinned over to get exposure to her underdeveloped side. She's very stubborn and already exposing her roots above the soil. I think I'm going to name her Irene. It seems fitting.

"Irene" GDP #1:

Veg_GDP_6_15_17.png

...:cheer: I'm cheering for ya, Irene! Start responding, please, to catch up to your big sis, GDP #2!

As for GDP # 2; the phenotype is looking nice. Check out her stretching: :yummy:

GDP #2:

Veg_GDP_LST_INDV_6_15_17.png

The CheeseDawg's are still distinctly smaller than the GDP's; however they are starting to develop so I look forward to caring for them. CheeseDawg #1 is also still the better looking plant and starting to stretch up for the sun! And here are the small but lovely CheeseDawgs:

CheeseDawg #1:

Veg_CD_6_15_17.png

CheeseDawg #2:

Veg_CD_LST_INDV_6_15_17.png

Back
Top Bottom