First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Update:

CORRECTION: CheeseDawg #2 is still the better looking plant and starting to stretch up for the sun! And here are the small but lovely CheeseDawgs:

CheeseDawg #1:

Veg_CD_6_15_17.png

CheeseDawg #2:

Veg_CD_LST_INDV_6_15_17.png

:Namaste:

Heya Farmer, the grow is looking fantastic! Love the way it's all set up also.:thumb:

Thanks, Chronik! First indoor setup and looking forward to learning and growing together!

They are filling out nicley!

Thanks, Nizz! I'm stoked on GDP #2 and CD#2 as well. The other girls are going to need some extra attention!

So I have a question. I'm using Nectar for the Gods now and I'm wondering if I should mix each one separately or should I mix them together in a gallon of water?

You should mix them together! I'll post a follow up response in your journal with more detail.

Aaaaaaaaaand I meant to post that in my own journal. My bad.
Guess I shouldn't have done that grav hit before writing

:lot-o-toke:It's all good!:tokin:

Strain Update:

Hello! So this update is going to be about the strains I am currently growing. My love for these two strains have been relevant for some time now; so I figured I would share some general knowledge I know about them.

GDP_Logo.png

Grand Daddy Purple is a cross of Purple Urkle and Big Bud. It was originally introduced by Ken Estes in 2003. It is an indica cross and its effects emphasize on a relaxed, happy and euphoric state of mind. Don't be afraid to make a big bowl of spaghetti before you take a couple of hits of the GDP — this one will leave you hungry and craving for more. Many would say GDP releases a berry and grape flavor with a sweet aroma and I couldn't agree more. The berry-grape sweetness comes from the Purple Urkle and the nice size of the colas can be accredited to the Big Bud lineage.

CD_Logo.png

CheeseDawg is an indica cheese-based hybrid that hails from Big Buddha Seeds. I'm excited for this strain; a cross of Cheese and Chem '91 - one of my faves. I love the Cheese phenotype and hope for mine to respond nicely to the love. They were shocked badly in the early stages of transplanting the seedlings to a bigger pot so I'm being patient with them at the moment. This strain is known to give off a complex flavor and aroma that is sweet and fruity but is packing a nice pungent cheese funk taste. I really enjoy the funky aromas this strain produces. I love opening a jar of Cheese to let the aroma escape - then watch the friends around start to smirk and get excited for whats to come!

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and continue to grow on!

Irene is looking quite nice along with the CheeseDawg girls! You definitely chose some nice strains - GDP is one that's on my list for future grows. Do you like using the Roots Organic soil? I was considering trying it out in the future:thumb::rollit:

Thanks Chronik! Irene is starting to perk up... check her out:

Veg_GDP_FIM_6_26_17.png

Nice, yea I thought long about what I wanted to grow for my first strains. It was difficult narrowing it down but I'm happy with the selection. The cheesedawg's are still smaller and one is taking on a little bit of nute burn at the moment. I still believe they will pull through in flowering.

As for soil- yes I enjoy their product line. The only concern is that it came loaded with fungus gnat larvae right off the shelf. Sure there are ways to combat this; but it is unnecessary and I wish there were a little better control of this- before sending out to market. Definitely go with the formula 707 over the original.

:rollit:

Update -Veg Continued:

I'm realizing how much the CheeseDawg's were impacted by the stress of transplanting too early in the seedling stage. This was a mistake and I was not patient for long enough to let the root structure develop before transplanting. Originally, I had placed them in a smaller jiffy pot (about 2 cubic inches) and then decided those were too small. Moving them from the jiffy pots to the next size up is where the stress took place. The CheeseDawg's tap roots were fully exposed, then (not intentionally), violently placed into the new soil. Reviewing my first transplant has certainly caused me to develop a more efficient way to transplant - which I will include in my next grow. I would estimate that this caused the plants to be about 1.5 - 2 weeks behind schedule.

CheeseDawg:

Veg_CD_6_26_17.png

And the GDP is growing nicely....no concerns there at the moment. They just received a fresh gulp so they're happy and hanging out!

GDP:

Veg_GDP_6_26_17.png

Veg_GDP_LST_6_26_17.png

Veg_GDP_FIM_6_26_17.png

They even insisted on a family photo to try to make the CheeseDawg's jelly.

Veg_All.png

Update -Veg Continued:

I'm realizing how much the CheeseDawg's were impacted by the stress of transplanting too early in the seedling stage. This was a mistake and I was not patient for long enough to let the root structure develop before transplanting. Originally, I had placed them in a smaller jiffy pot (about 2 cubic inches) and then decided those were too small. Moving them from the jiffy pots to the next size up is where the stress took place. The CheeseDawg's tap roots were fully exposed, then (not intentionally), violently placed into the new soil. Reviewing my first transplant has certainly caused me to develop a more efficient way to transplant - which I will include in my next grow. I would estimate that this caused the plants to be about 1.5 - 2 weeks behind schedule.

CheeseDawg:

Veg_CD_6_26_17.png

And the GDP is growing nicely....no concerns there at the moment. They just received a fresh gulp so they're happy and hanging out!

GDP:

Veg_GDP_6_26_17.png

Veg_GDP_LST_6_26_17.png

Veg_GDP_FIM_6_26_17.png

They even insisted on a family photo to try to make the CheeseDawg's jelly.

Veg_All.png
I'm on my first grow as well, and just switched to flower. My first transplant from jiffy pots went pretty violent too, but they bounced back pretty quick Welcome, and good luck! I'm subbed in

I'm on my first grow as well, and just switched to flower. My first transplant from jiffy pots went pretty violent too, but they bounced back pretty quick Welcome, and good luck! I'm subbed in

Hey Chakita! Thanks for dropping by and nice to meet you! I'm having a wonderful time hanging out with the girls! Awesome - I'm on my way over to check out your journal - White Widow is a great strain; not sure if you're familiar with the breeder Shantibaba but you'll have to check out Black Widow. Highly recommend it.
:passitleft: :Namaste:

Coming right along over here, looks like. I was hoping I might have something actually constructive to say, but, you seem to be doing pretty well. lol. :goodjob:

Curious about how you'll change up your germination and transplanting, though. :hmmmm:

Hahaha, thanks bro! It's all good - it's good to see ya stopping by! :blunt:

I'm not going to change up my germ process because I've had 100% success with it so far. However, I will be changing up the transplanting method. Mainly what I will be feeding from an early stage, the time frame until transplant, method and frequency of extraction, transplant containment and medium preparation for receipt.

:smokin:

Hey Chakita! Thanks for dropping by and nice to meet you! I'm having a wonderful time hanging out with the girls! Awesome - I'm on my way over to check out your journal - White Widow is a great strain; not sure if you're familiar with the breeder Shantibaba but you'll have to check out Black Widow. Highly recommend it.
:passitleft: :Namaste:
I will definitely look into it for my next grow! I'm getting so many great ideas from this site

Thanks Stooby! Do you have any rec's for the Co2?

-OF

So... take this for what it is worth... I'm gonna throw out this disclaimer right now... I'm as green as the two girls I'm growing...(I think the link is in my sig.)
Up until last night I have been struggling with heat issues and I read here a few times that CO2 would help plants with that issue...
I didn't buy anything elaborate and have ha a couple other 420 members comment on my grow with their CO2 suggestions...
For me.. I use a 1.5 l juice jug that I washed out... heat approx 2 cups of water to 185f and then add it to 2-3 cups of sugar... mix until it has all dissolved... then add 3-4 TBLSP of active bread yeast...
The lid has some holes in it that I made and then I put it in with my plants... I change the yeast/water mix approximately every week

So... take this for what it is worth... I'm gonna throw out this disclaimer right now... I'm as green as the two girls I'm growing...(I think the link is in my sig.)
Up until last night I have been struggling with heat issues and I read here a few times that CO2 would help plants with that issue...
I didn't buy anything elaborate and have ha a couple other 420 members comment on my grow with their CO2 suggestions...
For me.. I use a 1.5 l juice jug that I washed out... heat approx 2 cups of water to 185f and then add it to 2-3 cups of sugar... mix until it has all dissolved... then add 3-4 TBLSP of active bread yeast...
The lid has some holes in it that I made and then I put it in with my plants... I change the yeast/water mix approximately every week

Any report on how well this works?

Any report on how well this works?

Here are my two girls 27 days from germination... a white widow on the left, and a BubbleG on the right... they look pretty happy! It works out to about $2 a week after u empty the jug.

420-magazine-mobile1418645250.jpg

That's my CO2 jug with the blue lid... it's my first grow so I don't have anything to compare it to... .

Back
Top Bottom