First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

I'm
Going on a strong guess from research and hearing others. At that stage 7 wk flower it's its characteristics coming out before it's rip days

Exactly what I was gonna say that strain during ripening this is it's normal genetics making them color and also fade and die off she is coming to the end of her life so all energy is for building flowers

Hey Muzzy; I've done it with a buddy and at first it was hard for me to do it. I honestly did not want to plunge these gorgeous, freshly clipped colas into a three part cleansing process. After thinking about what we were doing - washing a plant that was freshly harvested that consists of potential unwanted bug body, fecal and or dwelling remains/dirt/plant foliar spray - there really wasn't too much risk involved. Yea; I don't want to wash off the trichomes.... but trichomes have a very low solubility in water so that wouldn't affect it.

I went for it and realized I may have been missing out on something beneficial for the end result for a while. The buds are noticeably plump and seem to crisp up - like washing a fresh head of romaine lettuce. The smell of the bud is incredibly fresh afterwards and seems to be more pure smelling if that makes sense. All in All; if you have the time, energy and materials - I think it does create a better end result. I don't know about you but sometimes it is nice to smoke a little bug shit on some top shelf 30% THC platinum girl scout cookies your buddy just harvested to be reminded of why you're just a little different than others and there is hope. I'm grateful for the one who created this process and pay respect to DocBud. :Namaste:

Thanks Chakita for having us and hope this helps others as well! Glad to see you are going for it!!!

Hi mate, absolutely awesome response. Thank you. I think we are all now of the same mind that bud washing is an essential technique! I am a chef by trade so I completely understand your lettuce analergy. Well it is how DocBud first put it and when put like that it seems such a no brainer!

I think people just assume that all that beautiful frost is just going to disintegrate, but if you look at it with a more biological mind then it seems perfectly legit and beneficial.

Using this along with back building and low and slow curing we are all going to be producing top shelf high end ultra fire forever!!!! Thank you 420!!!!!

Thanks Guru!! Have you started a journal for your next grow? I'm interested in seeing how that bag seed turns out.. I have a stash of random pretty seeds I've found along the way and might try my hand at them outside next year

I have not done a new grow journal for them. I vegged 6 for about 4 weeks and then flipped to 12/12........so far 5 of 6 are male this last one is being stubborn and has yet to show any signs of sex. I do have 5 more bag seeds but said f that and made another purchase from seedsman lol.

The new batch
420-magazine-mobile634241782.jpg

I have not done a new grow journal for them. I vegged 6 for about 4 weeks and then flipped to 12/12........so far 5 of 6 are male this last one is being stubborn and has yet to show any signs of sex. I do have 5 more bag seeds but said f that and made another purchase from seedsman lol.

The new batch
420-magazine-mobile634241782.jpg
Damn, that's some bad luck!! That's the nice thing about seed banks..though one of my fem seeds turned out to be male

Day 50 of flower and I'm seeing more and more amber hairs and trichs! Nirvana said it was an 8-10 week strain and I'm thinking it'll be closer to 8 than 10! The buds are beautiful, sticky, and dense... but I was hoping they'd be bigger. I'm thinking only 2-3 oz dried off each plant.. that being said, this is my first grow and I have made more than a few rookie mistakes. I can't wait to chop my babies down and get to drying and curing them and then on to the next grow. No matter how much I end up with, I know it will be good bud! I can just tell by the very pungent smell- diesel,sweet yet sour, and it's sticky and hard..very dense nugs. The two white widows had very different phenotypes-a bit inconsistent I would say.. Shortie is fatter- more indica, thicker colas, shorter, a bit less resin but absolutely gorgeous. She has a few amber trichs, but mostly cloudy. Big Mama is taller, colas are taller and skinnier, alot more amber. The small top buds sites are purpling and I see already 30% amber trichs on several buds so i might have to chop her within the next week. Patience is key right here I'll be spending the early morning tomorrow trying to take pics with my phone through the scope... wish me luck

Please let me know what y'all think!! Thanks in advance!!

Day 50 of flower and I'm seeing more and more amber hairs and trichs! Nirvana said it was an 8-10 week strain and I'm thinking it'll be closer to 8 than 10! The buds are beautiful, sticky, and dense... but I was hoping they'd be bigger. I'm thinking only 2-3 oz dried off each plant.. that being said, this is my first grow and I have made more than a few rookie mistakes. I can't wait to chop my babies down and get to drying and curing them and then on to the next grow. No matter how much I end up with, I know it will be good bud! I can just tell by the very pungent smell- diesel,sweet yet sour, and it's sticky and hard..very dense nugs. The two white widows had very different phenotypes-a bit inconsistent I would say.. Shortie is fatter- more indica, thicker colas, shorter, a bit less resin but absolutely gorgeous. She has a few amber trichs, but mostly cloudy. Big Mama is taller, colas are taller and skinnier, alot more amber. The small top buds sites are purpling and I see already 30% amber trichs on several buds so i might have to chop her within the next week. Patience is key right here I'll be spending the early morning tomorrow trying to take pics with my phone through the scope... wish me luck

Please let me know what y'all think!! Thanks in advance!!

'only 2-3oz dried off each plant' - Actually wouldn't that been quite a success? idk, I'd be ecstatic getting that dry off each if I were you. Wow 30% already, that's fast. Good luck with the scope pics, can be frustrating, lol but looking forward to seeing 'em.

Lol okay maybe less than that then... I've never been good at eyeballing the weight.. what's your guess?

I don't have the experience to really judge by photos, I just know if got anywhere close to that off mine I'd be doing cartwheels, for me, I assume the worst\low end and then hope to be somewhat pleasantly surprised. I think if you did get 2 dry off each of your first plants though you did really well.

I don't have the experience to really judge by photos, I just know if got anywhere close to that off mine I'd be doing cartwheels, for me, I assume the worst\low end and then hope to be somewhat pleasantly surprised. I think if you did get 2 dry off each of your first plants though you did really well.
Thank you, I wasn't sure what to expect, of course I would have high expectations haha

This is so cliche, but here goes..
420-magazine-mobile706338275.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1717726177.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1839862111.jpg
420-magazine-mobile389666012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile706982128.jpg

How much longer do you think Big Mama has?? I see quite a few amber trichomes but mostly cloudy, very few white pistils, starting to see lots of resin
Seems way to early at day 51 of flower. Please let me know what y'all think
420-magazine-mobile1886190398.jpg
420-magazine-mobile518311550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile807452193.jpg
420-magazine-mobile605453142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile972601672.jpg
420-magazine-mobile823516341.jpg

I just wanna live right on top of one of those, for the rest of my days. I'd be an awesome ladybug. hahaha. But, seriously. Gorgeous, Chakita. You look to have a mighty fine reward come harvest time!!! :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom