First Time Fluxing

Good afternoon @InTheShed Here is where I learned about it. It is new to me as well but @The Celt seemed to have a good approach.

Found some more interesting information on GA-3 today when researching, will finished the reading, translating it and posting it during the weekend. Hope all is good, weekend is almost here!

I've often seen purple growing through my stems and veins of the leaves. I've always put it down to, I have the plant dialed in and shes growing her fastest.

But back onto the subject of fluxing....

So I had this little beauty, we call her mrs trippy gorilla in the tent..
20200212_211902.jpg

This was after a nice little, okay big defol lmao.

But I got news that said the trippy was free to be whatever.. so I did this to her
20200213_210729.jpg
20200213_212437.jpg

So I literally hacked off half of her lmao

Now she is fluxed..

I'm going to keep 1 square in between ever cola on all quarters..

Hopefully allowing room for her too chunk out.

Attachments

• 20200213_212403.jpg
    20200213_212403.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
I’ll definitely hit my plants with some cold on the night schedule to see if it make them go purple. They are sugar black rose and I have seen some show some serious purple before. If you check out @PurpleGunRack ’s SBR Journal you will see what I am talking about. Side note, would that purple be considered a pheno?
Nice! Thanks for the extra journal, having a look at it right now.

It seems (from a bit of research today) that some growers like to hit them with the cold in early veg, just coming out of seedling stage to "trigger" the colors such as purple and red. Others do it later on in the flower period, which gives similar results (often a bit weaker colors) just later in the life cycle.

Not really sure if it could be considered a pheno by its own, but absolutely a part of it. Will keep ya'll uptodate with this the more data I come across.

I normally switch the heaters off in the grow space two weeks from finish and the colours come out pretty quickly if it’s cool enough. Nice training @Modest grower looking good.

My seeds arrived safe and sound (yesterday actually one day before expected). The Dutch passion seeds look a little small and pale but I'm hoping they grow great. The pink kush seeds look ok.

20200214_230626.jpg

I started using Mega Crop on all of my plants. I used 5.5 to 5.9 g/gal on the flowering autos. I used a small amount for my veggies, blue dream and Jack pot auto. Currently training the Fluxed Franco and have not watered or fed yet but will start on mega crop when I do.

Two of the plants looked a bit yellow in some leaves. To me it looked like they were hungry so hopefully they got what they needed :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

My seeds arrived safe and sound (yesterday actually one day before expected). The Dutch passion seeds look a little small and pale but I'm hoping they grow great. The pink kush seeds look ok.

20200214_230626.jpg

I started using Mega Crop on all of my plants. I used 5.5 to 5.9 g/gal on the flowering autos. I used a small amount for my veggies, blue dream and Jack pot auto. Currently training the Fluxed Franco and have not watered or fed yet but will start on mega crop when I do.

Two of the plants looked a bit yellow in some leaves. To me it looked like they were hungry so hopefully they got what they needed :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Nice nice!! I had to look up that "Pink Kush", sounds like a lovely auto to grow! Been thinking about getting some more CBD strains myself... Lets see

Fluxed Franco
That is a combo that I'm sure Franco would have loved!! :)

How are things with you today mate?

Nice nice!! I had to look up that "Pink Kush", sounds like a lovely auto to grow! Been thinking about getting some more CBD strains myself... Lets see

That is a combo that I'm sure Franco would have loved!! :)

How are things with you today mate?

Things are amazing today, thanks for asking! I have been remodeling our kitchen and it has been an added stress for the wife and me. Yesterday, the countertops were installed which was a nice milestone and I made a delicious ribeye and scallops dinner. My wife made my favorite cheesecake. Hard to explain but it was a great evening and I think the struggles from kitchen remodeling are behind us.

My plants are stacking buds but there seems to be something wrong with my WW1 it has yellowish leaves on specific colas or branches as opposed to levels of height. I'll have to take a pic. It's a bummer and I'm not certain the cause.

How are things going for you @GardeningGnome

Warning! The image you are about to see is graphic. Please help her she has so much potential.

I have switched nutrients but that was after the issue was present. I am now using around 5.5 to 5.9 grams per gallon of Mega Crop. I am hoping the new nutrients would take care of any potential deficiencies.

Other potential causes, my temps have been a bit higher during the day. Normally maxed at 78. I have seen it as high as 86 but I don't think it stays there too long but I don't have historical data to know.

Other potential causes, maybe I overwatered before leaving for a couple days?

Also, found out my humidifier did not turn back on after the timer went off the first time so the humidity could have been in the 30's.

Thanks for any feedback. Sorry for the plant abuse.

20200214_213205.jpg

I have been remodeling our kitchen and it has been an added stress for the wife and me
Remodeling kitchens can tear hard! It's like going to IKEA with your spouse... That shit is stressful AF....

I'll have to take a pic. It's a bummer and I'm not certain the cause.
Do that, I'll put my thinking cap on!

How are things going for you
Things are all good!! The bigger GG ladies got a good training today, photos uploaded. Two more clones taken as well. Also fixed my three computer-fans for the bloom-tent, been testing out what is the best air-flow and temprature. Had a long look at my audiobook collection, started to sort a bit. Will do a thread together with @Weaselcracker and select a few of our favorites in the future. Plus, I found a new table for my balcony to replace one older one. Been fixing up & cleaning on the balcony, well needed to remove all old soil and clean all pots.
Good day today!

You got a few issues that might be the cause here.... Lets bone this out brother!

Question before I start: Did you see signs of this before you left for a few days?

I have switched nutrients but that was after the issue was present. I am now using around 5.5 to 5.9 grams per gallon of Mega Crop. I am hoping the new nutrients would take care of any potential deficiencies.
So, strike that it is the Mega Crop, since you had the issue prior to that.
What were you giving it before? Could that be the culprint?

Other potential causes, my temps have been a bit higher during the day. Normally maxed at 78. I have seen it as high as 86 but I don't think it stays there too long but I don't have historical data to know.
I got 86 (30C) in my tent from time to time. Never been an issue. However, that might be for 30minutes max.
As long as it goes down in the mornings and afternoons, I think we can strike this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you use FoxFarm Ocean Forest, coco and perlite, right? I'm not familiar with the first one (FoxFarm) but coco and perlite drains like a mofo... Could you have drowned this lady before leaving? Not sure how well the FoxFarm thingy keeps water and feed... Please do give some feedback here.
(updated @Modest grower !)

Also, found out my humidifier did not turn back on after the timer went off the first time so the humidity could have been in the 30's.
Dont see how that could be it. Sure it is low, but only for a few days right? Was it extremely high before? So it was a case of veeery big swings in the humidity?

@GardeningGnome thank you very much for your time and assistance not to mention support on this. The plant does look happier today as it is reaching up even with the yellowish leaves.

I think it is either really hungry from the previous nutrients not being enough in the doses I gave.

Alternatively, it could be from a slight overwater. I didn't drench them but I don't think I let it dry out enough between waterings. I was hoping to give them a good watering right before I left but they dried out a little fast so I had to top water maybe a day and a half before.

I'm going to let it dry out nice and then give it another Mega Crop feeding. It still seems to be building buds nicely.

Oo sorry. Previous nutrients were roots organic bloom and grow with cal mag occassionally. The nutrient numbers are much smaller than those of the mega crop. NPK numbers for grow 2-.25-2 and for bloom .05-2-1. For mega crop 9-6-17 and I believe I have the newest version in an old bag so it is more like 10-7-18 if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: I don't know much about the numbers so they may not be as drastically different as I am thinking. Feedback appreciated!

Those numbers are significantly different @Modest grower.

They represent percentage by weight of each nutrient. But that is in the bottle, depending on mix ratios the may not be a lot different.

If you look at your numbers for roots organic 2-0.25-2 and used as is and the MG being 10-7-18 and you mixed it 10 to 1 you would have 1-0.7-1.8.

All the research I have been able to find, suggests that the nutrient values in dried hemp (zero water content) are: N-P-K-Ca-Mg 4-1-2-1-1.6

So if you had 1kg of plant matter, it would contain 40g N, 10g PO3, 20g K, 10g Ca and 16g magnesium.

Now if you are growing seed, you would want more P but for bud more K during flowering.

I use these numbers as a rough guide when building my soils.

Just some food for thought

All the research I have been able to find, suggests that the nutrient values in dried hemp (zero water content) are: N-P-K-Ca-Mg 4-1-2-1-1.6
Now that is interesting good sir.... Such high Ca & Mg? Whao....

Excellent little bit of knowledge right there Celt!!! Thank you!

The plant does look happier today as it is reaching up even with the yellowish leaves.
That is some good news!

Alternatively, it could be from a slight overwater. I didn't drench them but I don't think I let it dry out enough between waterings.
That shouldn't be it... I took a look at that FoxFarm soil, and it seems to be well-draining as well. So most likely not water-clogged. And "not letting them dry out enough"? Meeeh, with coco+perlite you water every day, so... Dont think it is that...

I'm going to let it dry out nice and then give it another Mega Crop feeding.
Be safe and mix the new nutrients a bit on the lower side.. And especially if you let it dry out, then they get really hungry and sensitive. You don't want to chock them with strong feed. And the ratios with the MegaCrop seems very high..... Be safe.

Are the tips burnt much? I can see a little on even the green leaves.

After looking a bit closer in two books and some webpages, and with what we know about the situation, I'd guess that it is nutrient related. Here are three that is worth having a look at @Modest grower :

Ooo very interesting from the plant abuse thread you posted.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.

I was using baking soda to ph up as the roots organics bought my PH way down. I no longer need to use it with Mega Crop so I will flush next watering and not use baking soda anymore. The picture looked pretty spot on too. Not 100% sure but it makes sense. Thanks again @GardeningGnome

Warning! The image you are about to see is graphic. Please help her she has so much potential.

Thanks for any feedback. Sorry for the plant abuse.

20200214_213205.jpg

So to me she isn't burning.. your fine on that account. However she isn't absorbing....

She is locked out brother. The lower leaves are turning pale because the plant is starved of nitrogen, it is using its resources lower down to feed the top growth.

You have nitrogen in your soil though and there is no burn.. so its luck out.

Your going to see a few stages but follow these steps and I promise you will see her rise back in 10 days...

1. Flush your plant with p.h 6.0!
2. Check run off ( it is going to be around 6.8 if not higher .

3. Correct soil p.h (this is crucial as this is your problem)
To do this lower you p.h to 5.0 in your water and flush her again.

Collect the run off and check it. If it is around 6.4 by this point, correct your p.h to 5.4 and flush again... keep going up till youre runoff meets half way with your water in at 6.2.

When the run if is steady at 6.2 leave her.. although I choose to feed one last time with h202 to increase oxygen at the root ball for the heavy wet period she is about to go through.

4. Make a foliar spray.. donut to the full ratio of what your feed says.. a + b and cal.mag only.. at 6.2ph

Then dilute it 200ml per litre of clean 6.2ph water.

If you want to add 50ml of h202 per litre as well you can.

5. Spray they fuck outta them leaves... trust me this is my miracle recovery solution. (Check my trippy gorilla in my diary.. )
Keep spraying twice a day untill end of recovery. Then remove the calmag.

6. No water in the pot for 10days. The roots will become water bound an form a skin. You need the extra air days for the root to shed the waterskin before they absorb oxygen again

Now you are going to see some heavy dropping and some twisting leaves as she goes through the flush, don't worry though so long as you let her dry out she will be fine.

On day ten give a light feeding of nutes at half strength. And adjust it up from there..

Then every 2 weeks at least check and maintain that p.h..

Goodluck brother. Now go unlock her

20200130_230541.jpg

My poor trippy struggling and locked out heavily.

20200210_185734.jpg

2 weeks later after adjusting soil p.h

1. Flush your plant with p.h 6.0!
2. Check run off ( it is going to be around 6.8 if not higher .

3. Correct soil p.h (this is crucial as this is your problem)

The doctor is in the house!!

Nice feedback @Th34v4t4r , on point with how to follow up the flushing we discussed yesterday.
How is things going on your end @Modest grower ?

Back
Top Bottom