First Time Fluxing

@InTheShed you being into bread making you might find this interesting.

"A SCOBY (or SCOBAY), short for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast, is a syntrophic mixed culture of bacteria and yeast used in production of several traditional foods and beverages."

Those are the scobys that formed from the last batch of kombucha. I normally only keep one but they all look healthy and it should speed up the production.

There's even an article on how to make it that says:
"Yes, it’s scary and alien looking'
Source

Yeah, the scobys definitely throw people off just based on appearance but I do believe there are some great benefits to drinking it. It is also my go to PH down. I need to find a good PH up though.

A quick snapshot of the autos. It needs a bit of tidying up but I have done what I can with the time available. I'll be gone mid day tomorrow until sometime on Wednesday. I'm planning on watering right before I leave. Fingers crossed the humidifier makes it the whole time. I'll hook it up to the timer for my lights and I think it should be good. Have a wonderful evening!
20200209_191823.jpg

So I ordered my light (mars tsl2000) and I ordered some gabberic acid? Something like that. The light will be used to spruce up the tomatoes and peppers at first but ultimately make it's way into the tent. The G acid will be used to revert my auto fems to create pollen and pollinate each other on the next run of auto fems. Pink kush CBD from seedsman and BlackBerry Kush from Dutch passion. Have a fantastic day, my friends

Good afternoon @InTheShed Here is where I learned about it. It is new to me as well but @The Celt seemed to have a good approach.

Gibberellic acid is a new one to me in terms of reversing plants to make pollen (if that's what you meant). I'll be looking out for those results!

Interesting, thanks Mg! He didn't mention when to start spraying with the solution so I'll still be watching you :).

I thought he did but I've been reading so much. I thought his journal said spray daily 5 times before flip. Unfortunately, with autos I don't control flip so I am half planning on spraying at around week 3. It will be an experiment for sure

One more factor is seed development time. I have been reading that seeds may need up to around 5 weeks to develop after pollinating. For this reason, I plan to stagger my autos next grow. First two to be reversed Second two to be pollinated just to be safe. Maybe plant the first two two weeks ahead of the second batch.

Evening Guys,

MG is right, spray once a day for 5 days and then flip to flower.

@Modest grower , I have read somewhere about when to spray autos, it’s been awhile but I believe you are on the right tract starting after week 3. As well, starting 2 of the autos 2 weeks prior to the others is a good idea as it takes about 2 weeks for the treated plants to start producing pollen.

With my Blue Dream photos, I left them flower for about 10 weeks before chopping them but they can be left grow until they die of old age if wanted, they will keep producing both pollen and seeds. Just keep in mind that seeds will be in all stages of development and some will start to fall out of their pods so it’s a good idea to make a catch tray for them.

If I were to water the pots from the last grow, I would have plants sprouting as there is seed in the soil, I came across numerous empty pods and DIDN’T have a catch tray, live and learn lol

With autos you are pollinating, I would leave them grow as long as I could and make sure to have catch trays for shed seed. I will be making a tray to put under my PC as I intend to let it grow 10 to 12 wks in flower.

RC

The G acid will be used to revert my auto fems to create pollen and pollinate each other on the next run of auto fems.
I've been thinking of trying to switch genders with colloidal silver, but had a look at gibberellic-acid, and that seems like an interesting approach. The price is low, so well worth trying on a clone of my purple Gorilla Glue.

so I'll still be watching you
Same here! Very interesting to see how this pan out.

Anytime guys, give a shout anytime, if I know, I will share
Lovely community here. Shared knowledge becomes wisdom!!

I am back from my trip and all of my girls are looking good. I came home to a decent haul of deliveries including my new LED light from Mars, my Gibberellic acid for making pollen in my next run and my discounted sample of mega crop.

The light was dented a bit which was a common review. Assuming it works I really don't care

Seeds should be here on Friday.

20200212_154159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom