First Time Fluxing

I am back from my trip and all of my girls are looking good. I came home to a decent haul of deliveries including my new LED light from Mars, my Gibberellic acid for making pollen in my next run and my discounted sample of mega crop.

The light was dented a bit which was a common review. Assuming it works I really don't care

Seeds should be here on Friday.

20200212_154159.jpg

Welcome back mate!
Looks like a good loot!! :)

What kinda seeds will we have the pleasure of following you grow?

Welcome back mate!
Looks like a good loot!! :)

What kinda seeds will we have the pleasure of following you grow?

I ordered Pink Kush CBD auto fem from seedsman and Blackberry Kush auto fem from Dutch passion seeds. Both have phenotypes that can be super purple. I am hoping to have them pollinate one another.

I ordered Pink Kush CBD auto fem from seedsman and Blackberry Kush auto fem from Dutch passion seeds. Both have phenotypes that can be super purple. I am hoping to have them pollinate one another.

Cooking with gas! Nice nice!

And I noticed your post on my thread regarding purple within botany. I need to do a more deep-dive into the subject when it comes to why&how cannabis activates this function. In almost all other plants it is a "answer" to environmental variables in light and temperature, since the color purple can help hold both of them at a higher level than green. Perhaps @InTheShed might have some more insight?

Will be interesting to follow your adventure with switch gender with the help of Gibberellic acid @Modest grower , I was thinking about doing it myself with silver, but you where the one that lifted GA3 as an option.

I found an interesting text for other uses for the acid and plants, it is saved on my laptop. I'll post it tomorrow! Now it is time for bed. Take care buddy!

I've got nothing in my head on the color topic other than the fact that I have always read that cooler nighttime temps in flower will bring out reds, blues, and purples in a plant genetically disposed that way.

As to why from an evolutionary standpoint, I can only guess that pollinators are attracted to deeper colored flowers, and cold nights indicate to the plant that the end is nigh and it's time to get the seedmaking business in high gear!

I've got nothing in my head on the color topic other than the fact that I have always read that cooler nighttime temps in flower will bring out reds, blues, and purples in a plant genetically disposed that way.

As to why from an evolutionary standpoint, I can only guess that pollinators are attracted to deeper colored flowers, and cold nights indicate to the plant that the end is nigh and it's time to get the seedmaking business in high gear!
Just wondering how cool? My rooms are at 64 F at night, and all my leaf stems are red usually, especially the blueberry and BB crosses. Doesn't seem to affect production in any way the I can tell. And has anyone looked at buds with UV light cameras? Would be interesting to see if there is a huge difference between green and purple buds in that spectrum.

Yup, that is how other plants react/enables other colours in leaves. (And not only in flower periods)
When it comes to colours in flowers, many plants try to develop specific color combinations with opposites in the color wheel, such as blue&yellow or purple& orange.
I posted a bit more about purple in my thread, will fill that out a bit more tomorrow!

I don't have much knowledge to add on the topic of purple. I do have one experience where an outdoor plant turned super purple (forsure buds and I believe leaves) after leaving it out too late in the season and it got colder. I love learning more on the topic and hope to see some purple plants soon. Thanks!

Just wondering how cool? My rooms are at 64 F at night, and all my leaf stems are red usually, especially the blueberry and BB crosses. Doesn't seem to affect production in any way the I can tell. And has anyone looked at buds with UV light cameras? Would be interesting to see if there is a huge difference between green and purple buds in that spectrum.

Will post my future findings, I have my veg-room even colder at the moment and have seen an up-tick in purple. When it comes to affecting production, the fact that cannabis plants are able to "enable" and modify the production of anthocyanin is a mechanism to cope with lower temperature, many plants lack this function completely. It should not have any negative effects until the temperature is really low, the fact that cannabis have a built-in function to handle lower temperature indicates that it have evolved within that sort of environment.

And I'm still a bit wary on the forum.... But I'm getting around to the fact that this is a sweet community with warmhearted people.

Will post my future findings, I have my veg-room even colder at the moment and have seen an up-tick in purple. When it comes to affecting production, the fact that cannabis plants are able to "enable" and modify the production of anthocyanin is a mechanism to cope with lower temperature, many plants lack this function completely. It should not have any negative effects until the temperature is really low, the fact that cannabis have a built-in function to handle lower temperature indicates that it have evolved within that sort of environment.
I agree it shouldn't have any effects, and it grows naturally in some pretty wide ranging environments and is one tough cookie! The varieties sure react differently. My last grow, just harvested. Both plants raised the same, both plants 1/2 Blueberry. Crown Royal on left, Blue Cookies on right. Crown had red stems when in veg but it went away in flower.

I agree it shouldn't have any effects, and it grows naturally in some pretty wide ranging environments and is one tough cookie! The varieties sure react differently. My last grow, just harvested. Both plants raised the same, both plants 1/2 Blueberry. Crown Royal on left, Blue Cookies on right. Crown had red stems when in veg but it went away in flower.

Oh my Odin..... That is a lovely picture!!!

Red stem you say? Hmmmmm... I read an interesting article on the Japanese maple, that got that crisp red color as well... If I'm not mistaken, the red color in plants are also related to the levels of anthocyanin. (Will grab the link from the laptop and post tomorrow). Question: Did the environmental variables (temperature and/or light) change much when you put the plant into flower?

Oh my Odin..... That is a lovely picture!!!

Red stem you say? Hmmmmm... I read an interesting article on the Japanese maple, that got that crisp red color as well... If I'm not mistaken, the red color in plants are also related to the levels of anthocyanin. (Will grab the link from the laptop and post tomorrow). Question: Did the environmental variables (temperature and/or light) change much when you put the plant into flower?
Thanks! Just the photoperiod, the room is very stable 64 f night, 77 F days, 55% rh with good ventilation and fresh air. All LED, 4 cobs and one Mars QP style board.

Thanks! Just the photoperiod, the room is very stable 64 f night, 77 F days, 55% rh with good ventilation and fresh air. All LED, 4 cobs and one Mars QP style board.

Interesting! I wonder why it changes that behaviour in bloom....
A nut to crack for later, time for bed here! Laters!

I’ll definitely hit my plants with some cold on the night schedule to see if it make them go purple. They are sugar black rose and I have seen some show some serious purple before. If you check out @PurpleGunRack ’s SBR Journal you will see what I am talking about. Side note, would that purple be considered a pheno?

Back
Top Bottom