First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

Vinegar is a pH down. The only problem with pHing the nutes, if you have colored nutes and using a color changing pH tester, it will be hard to see what is going on. As long as you a digital tester, you are good. When adding the nutes it will lower your pH level. Mine will drop anywhere from .3-.5 per gallon I mix up.

If the soil is around 6.8 to 7 you are in the correct range for sure. But it would be a good Idea to adjust you nute mixture before watering. I used vinegar for a while but I just had to use so much to get the ph down and holy cow a hate that smell. I gave up and got some PH Down from the Hydro Store. I don't use any of that stuff anymore but I think with the Fox Farms and tap water you don't have a choice... Good luck...

:nicethread: and + reps..
:roorrip:fine

Thanks for stoppin in JFizz! :grinjoint:

Well. I didnt get nearly as much accomplished as I had hoped to yesterday, but I DID grab nutes, soil, and (2) 5 gallon white buckets while I was out. Poked a buncha holes in the buckets ( may add more holes as times goes on, but we'll see) filled them with dirt, and transplanted Tina and G-13 number 2 into their new private quarters!

They are sagging from the shock, but hopefully today will give them a full days worth of sun and tomorrow I will resume their nutrient diets and get this show rolling again.

I snagged a few shots just to show my new grow box setup, but while I was in there I was stopped in my tracks by this:
Kandy_Bud_Yummy_1.JPG

I cant wait.

Here is the new setup complete with 3 drooping plants. Kookie got her own barrel ( LOTS of room now...) Tina is in the far barrel and g-13 in the other.

Babies_AFTER_transplant.JPG

I cant seem to find outdoor flowering times for any of my plants... anyone know any good sites to find out?

Until next time :bong:
~L~

Vinegar is a pH down. The only problem with pHing the nutes, if you have colored nutes and using a color changing pH tester, it will be hard to see what is going on. As long as you a digital tester, you are good. When adding the nutes it will lower your pH level. Mine will drop anywhere from .3-.5 per gallon I mix up.

I have a digital meter! but Vinegar! would have never guessed! Im going to attempt to start pHing my nutes / adding vinegar to their watering diet just to bring that pH down a tad. Few barrels are hugging 7 a little too closely. :ciao: thanks for the help!

lmao. 9mm's require aim! ;)

Also, what is this "Credits" business... I have 37 credits... but not sure what that means...

Not much at 30-40' max and that's the reason for 2 full clips. A judge will be my next buy for sure. No aim with that sucker..

Well, good news and scary news. For the first time I pH'd my water after adding nutes right before I dumped them into the soil. It was sitting at just over 7. I dumped just a little bit of vinegar into the mixture and it dropped it to 6.5 which sounded muuuch better to me!

On the down side. The ladies are in mad shock from the transplant and are looking TERRIBLE. Im hoping they pull through but they look an inch away from death. All of Kookies leaves are just hanging there, all three of them are about 3 inches shorter because the tops almost folded in half, and the trainwreck was leaning so bad i had to toss a stake in there to hold it up right.

I keep reassuring myself they will be ok, just worried the only thing ill get out of those 3 plants in the last 7 weeks is a lesson the hard way.

3 plants, 1 barrel, all in different stages.... NOT a good idea ;) ill pop some pics up tomorrow!
~L~

They'll recover with a little tlc...

Buds are looking real nice!!!! :ganjamon:

Ok finially got it done bud sorry it took so long but i put the cloner tutorial in my journal go cheak it out if anything isn't clear just ask me and your plants are looking so good, i wish i could run some plants out doors makes me jones for some really big buds.

I have been down that road and it does get scary but you then realize that they are weeds and they will pretty much grow on there own.
So what I suggest is to do a striate watering no food. this way you see if it is water or food
I would also suggest not to use vinegar I found it will make leafs dry out quicker and it will turn your leafs to a very light green almost yellow.
I would use a proper PH downer for plants because they add the minerals also.
Also if you do a strait watering I would add some Epsom Salt 1/4 teaspoon for every 4 liters. What this does is add magnesium,sulfured iron to your soil naturally. this will keep you leafs healthy dark green and it will take nute burning way better if it happens.
also humic acid and fulic acid will help keep your plant healthy to.
I know it gets to spending money but not much. Epsom salt is about 5$ for a pound(little goes a long way.you only should give Epsom salt once or twice for your whole grow. and humic and fulic acid are a little more but you start using this stuff and you will find the weird brakes outs will stop.
Hint most if not all nutrients are Ph down unless they say Ph corrected which then they are around 6.3 which is perfect .
It does sound like your Ph is low .check your Ph in your drain off water you might have to filter first if you are using color kit. drain off water should be around 5.8 to 6 .6 is perfect

Ok finially got it done bud sorry it took so long but i put the cloner tutorial in my journal go cheak it out if anything isn't clear just ask me and your plants are looking so good, i wish i could run some plants out doors makes me jones for some really big buds.

YOU ROCK MAAN! That is the perfect size cloner too! Not sure what I would do with 40 clones :grinjoint: thanks mate!

So what I suggest is to do a striate watering no food. this way you see if it is water or food
I would also suggest not to use vinegar I found it will make leafs dry out quicker and it will turn your leafs to a very light green almost yellow.

Also if you do a strait watering I would add some Epsom Salt 1/4 teaspoon for every 4 liters. What this does is add magnesium,sulfured iron to your soil naturally. this will keep you leafs healthy dark green and it will take nute burning way better if it happens.
also humic acid and fulic acid will help keep your plant healthy to.

Hint most if not all nutrients are Ph down unless they say Ph corrected which then they are around 6.3 which is perfect .
It does sound like your Ph is low .check your Ph in your drain off water you might have to filter first if you are using color kit. drain off water should be around 5.8 to 6 .6 is perfect

whats going on zigzag! I broke your post up into 3 parts. First! The ladies have been getting straight water for the past week, thats what was concerning me. I am limited to just hose water which comes out hot. It pH's above 7, and the nutes bring it down to about 7. BUT vinegar is off the table again! lol :grinjoint:

I will grab some salt today (if i cant find any... think we have some around here SOMEwhere.... ;) ) When I buy "humic and fulic" acids, how do they come? Ill just walk into hardware store and say "GIVE ME THESE!!". With the acids, will they be mixed in with every watering? with/without nutes? And can the little bit of salt be mixed in just on a day they dont get nutes?

Unfortunately, I cant check my run-off. I can check the run off of the newly planted babies because they are just in buckets, but have you ever tried lifting a filled half wine barrel filled with dirt and babies with a ph tester in the other hand?

AWESOME info, thanks for stopping in zigzag ;)

P.S. just for you, ill get a few nice pictures of Gina the G-13 this morning ;)

nicely does is lebowskii!! im having some slight issues here all plants in tent today and humidity is at 56% is this too high?there still in very early stages of veg,also i ph tested soil and it came out at 5 my tap water is at 8 and tested the run off water after watering and it cam out at 6.5 is there anything i need to do or is this about right?i know tap water has lots of chlorine in it which isnt good but it has balanced the ph of the water im very new to this so some info would be great guys.all first 2 i germinated look healthy and are now at 2 inches within 3 days so im guessing there ok with the ph.also when do i start with giving them nutes im on a budget so only have iconic grow for now?

nicely does is lebowskii!! im having some slight issues here all plants in tent today and humidity is at 56% is this too high?there still in very early stages of veg,also i ph tested soil and it came out at 5 my tap water is at 8 and tested the run off water after watering and it cam out at 6.5 is there anything i need to do or is this about right?i know tap water has lots of chlorine in it which isnt good but it has balanced the ph of the water im very new to this so some info would be great guys.all first 2 i germinated look healthy and are now at 2 inches within 3 days so im guessing there ok with the ph.also when do i start with giving them nutes im on a budget so only have iconic grow for now?

arent pH issues fun? thats the hardest part for me it seems. For soil, I believe the range you idealy want is 6.3-6.8. Your run-off is coming out at 6.5 so I think it should be good. Humidity isnt a bad thing, just dont let it get TOO humid in the tent. That can invite mold, bud/root rot etc. a small fan for circulation/ventilation might do the trick? :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom