First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

I definitely want hps but I can't drill holes in the trailer, because I don't own it yet, so a large duct fan is not an option for me. I want to buy a small travel trailer that I can convert into a grow room, but can't afford it yet, maybe one day!

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

1378404856648.jpg

Day 2 12/12
Also there is a digital green LCD temp on my fan will that produce enough light to effect the flowers?

looking good,

you can get great results with cfls so dont be put off, i used lots of 23 and 30watt cfls and got great results so it is possible, the trick so it keep the plants small and bushy, if the plants get tall then light penetration is going to cause small buds lower down the plant,

cfls work great with lst or a scrog as the canopy is nice and even, if you want to let the plants grow as is then you will need so supliment with some side lighting, make sure the bulbs are side on to the plants as you are only getting about 1/4 the amount of light from the ends of the bulbs, the sides of the bulbs have a lot more surface area so using this is well worth while,

then make the walls reflect the light to the plants using reflectors above the bulbs, but having the bulbs side on will cover more surface area and the plants will benefit from the extra light,

My exhaust fan had 4 little led lights on it, and I just cut them off where they were soldered to the circuit. Taping it should work, but if I could, I would disconnect it, but that's just me.

looking good,

you can get great results with cfls so dont be put off, i used lots of 23 and 30watt cfls and got great results so it is possible, the trick so it keep the plants small and bushy, if the plants get tall then light penetration is going to cause small buds lower down the plant,

cfls work great with lst or a scrog as the canopy is nice and even, if you want to let the plants grow as is then you will need so supliment with some side lighting, make sure the bulbs are side on to the plants as you are only getting about 1/4 the amount of light from the ends of the bulbs, the sides of the bulbs have a lot more surface area so using this is well worth while,

then make the walls reflect the light to the plants using reflectors above the bulbs, but having the bulbs side on will cover more surface area and the plants will benefit from the extra light,
That's why I'm going to flower these now. Going to build a cabinet in this space and do it correctly. I'm thinking autos all the same species and possibly scrog. I had the lights horizontal originally but had mounting issues. Just going to tape cardboard over it as far as the LCD goes.

i personally would not top or fim during flower, i also wouldnt top or fim a week or 2 before flipping 12-12, anything you do in flower will take time to recover, so you wont benefit from topping in flower, i could be wrong so dont just take my word for it, by me id top or fim early in veg, it will always take some time to recover after topping of fimming, topping seems to recover a bit quicker but i do use both methods and have got topped and fim'd plants growing at the moment,

i prefer to top early on in veg around 3rd to 5th node so it produces 2 main stems coming off the plant which i can then open up using lst to give me multiple tops the same as a scrog, i also use lst and when the plant is 5 or 6 nodes high ill then use lst and pull it over so its growing sideways, this also gives multiple tops and can then be trained to do the same as a scrog.

i dont think id do either in flower though due to the recovery time, if you topped or fimmed the main stem then the recovery time wont allow the new tops to grow for long enough to produce big buds, id pretty much do all i could in veg and then not do anything for at least 7 to 14 days before flipping 12-12, i think the plant needs to be at its best just before flipping 12-12 so you know its not struggling or under any stress

if you have a scope or magnyfying glass then have a good look and see if their bugs or eggs, spider mites look like specs of dust and if their eggs id say their bigger than spider mite eggs but not had spider mites so cant say for sure, you need to try and get something to treat the plant with, check the rest of the leaves on the plant as most eggs and bugs will be on the bottom of the leaves, our sponsors do some great products that help with bugs, you need to try and treat the eggs before they hatch and lay more eggs, once you break the cycle the problem will go away, hopefully

Applied diatomaceous To all plants top soil. Searched all plants leaves for more eggs, found two other plants with them (both bagseed). All leaves were yellowing or dead. Going to purchase neem oil from a local retailer and order some pest control from our sponsor to have for future use if this doest work. Also removed the plants the stand they were on and placed on floor. Lowered all the lights and adjusted the fans. Two plants are over a foot tall now. Pics after the US soccer match.

Neem oil works, but I use it early, to discourage the bugs, instead of waiting for the bastards show up. I haven't had to use it to get rid of bugs on my plants, but it got rid of aphids on my wife's hibiscus.

Nno more signs of pests. Lemon kush #1 ,white widdowxskunk,white rhino x mazar all showing little white hairs assuming they are female the rest are showing signs but I feel these are definite. Let my know if I'm correct. Bagseed not showing much yet.

1379008996094.jpg
1379009043296.jpg
1379009065312.jpg
1379009116938.jpg

Back
Top Bottom