Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

They are kinda tacoing on the sides downward and little droopy. Not all the leaves just some and I know can be kinda normal in flower especially with d's nice bugs you got. My mystery chemdawg got light stress while in tent. Did kinda the same thing kinda got some droopy upside down taco curled leaves. Mine way worse timer broke and light were on for 24 hours. So maybe light stress again not an expert. Hell I'm befuddled by my plant's issue

I’ll ’see’ that rootball... :laughtwo:

This one (photographed yesterday for a post I haven’t managed to make yet ;) ) is about 5 weeks from seed in a half gallon (2L) pot. Most definitely needing transplant now - won’t happen for about 3 days, near-daily dunking in the meantime.

A little rootbounded-ness is nothing to panic about! :thumb:
Wow and I thought I had some rooting on my last transplant. Nice.

Herewith are pics of the rootball of the solo cup Candida. I'd say it lived in there for 8 months (if you call that living :) ):
The white is DE I mixed in with the nute water for a while.

:eek: Lol, like you said to me last time, where did all the potting mix go? :laughtwo:

I’ll ’see’ that rootball... :laughtwo:

This one (photographed yesterday for a post I haven’t managed to make yet ;) ) is about 5 weeks from seed in a half gallon (2L) pot. Most definitely needing transplant now - won’t happen for about 3 days, near-daily dunking in the meantime.
A little rootbounded-ness is nothing to panic about! :thumb:

Wow. I wonder if I would ever see development like this in my tiny space(s). Probably by this point the plant would be twice as tall as the cabinet! :laugh:

Is this your CBD#1, Amy?

Thanks for asking definitely feeling better I got the spinal injection which honestly wasn't bad. Now it's full job search time since I don't need to worry about the 2 months without insurance. Yea I have no clue what it could be. Trust me if I had a better camera be not dramatic. I did notice a slight split in the middle of the main branch. Like something made a split in it lol I know eloquently stated. I don't think it could be the reason though as it is all bud sites even ones below split. I fed them all good the other 3 are improving the 1 in the pics is well stable. Another thing the wilted is a seen in the back of 1 pic was super hard to pull off though pretty much dead today. Normally if a deficiency it's easy to pull off but it just didn't want off. Going research split in stem cause maybe. I know I didn't do it just hope not root issue Cause I know that be wtf at this point. I haven't overwatered at all so idk

No, it doesn't look like any kind of deficiency to me (not that I'm any kind of authority).

It's also interesting that it's affecting just the one plant, too. Another pest issue??

They are kinda tacoing on the sides downward and little droopy. Not all the leaves just some and I know can be kinda normal in flower especially with d's nice bugs you got. My mystery chemdawg got light stress while in tent. Did kinda the same thing kinda got some droopy upside down taco curled leaves. Mine way worse timer broke and light were on for 24 hours. So maybe light stress again not an expert. Hell I'm befuddled by my plant's issue

Yeah I was just thinking about the small downturned leaves this morning.

At first I didn't think twice about it. I thought maybe that's how those little single leaves can look in flower, like you say. But after looking around more at others' plants at this stage... yeah, something might be up!

I might turn the lights down a bit - they are on full blast at the moment, and this may be the suggestion that that is too much.

But... one weird thing is that the curling/tacoing is only happening to the topmost buds, and those are not the ones getting the most light. The next lowest buds are actually the ones getting blasted the most. And they have normal looking leaves!

:hmmmm::hmmmm:

I'll have a closer inspection tonight, once lights are back on.

:Namaste:

CBD#1, Amy?
:thumb:

weird thing is that the curling/tacoing is only happening to the topmost buds, and those are not the ones getting the most light. The next lowest buds are actually the ones getting blasted the most. And they have normal looking leaves!
Maybe hang 1 or 2 CFLs above, fairly close, and see if there is any response.

Ive been thinking about your setup and wondering about layered angled strip lighting... so a light above and then supplemental strips a bit lower down and angled in. I was thinking about it bad us i bear;y did something similar in a very small space (angl3ed panels etc.) but then ditched the ideas and went for a bigger space, LOL!

Ive also thought that what SweetSue did in her first journal might work really well for you in there... It’s a nice lazy sunday morning here (for you too i hope) so I might spend a minute trying to find the posts of hers I’ve been thinking of...
:passitleft:

I'm loving hearing your thoughts, Amy!
:passitleft:

Maybe hang 1 or 2 CFLs above, fairly close, and see if there is any response.

Last night it occurred to me that I hadn't been very diligent in monitoring the amount of light at the canopy. Over veg I was quite cautious, but once in flower I just threw 100% of the lights at her, and for no real reason just felt it would be OK. :laugh:

Strange for me to go from hypervigilant to complacent in the space of a couple of weeks. Maybe the meds have been working too well. :laughtwo:

I went in with my lux meter last night when lights were on, and errrr let's just say the projected DLI might have been enough for 1.5 or even 2 plants. :eek:

This isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself, but my current theory is that the light intensity's created an imbalance with the other inputs, and may also be one of the reasons why the plant started to yellow so quickly after flip.

I've turned the lights down now, but it might take a while to actually perceive any changes.

Ive been thinking about your setup and wondering about layered angled strip lighting... so a light above and then supplemental strips a bit lower down and angled in. I was thinking about it bad us i bear;y did something similar in a very small space (angl3ed panels etc.) but then ditched the ideas and went for a bigger space, LOL!

Honestly, I don't blame you for ditching the idea. :laughtwo:

If I had more space, this degree of optimisation would not be worth the effort, IMO.

I'm basically forced to do this right now to get the most out of this silly cabinet, itself a product of my tiny living space. And of course it has become its own little fun, masochistic experiment. :laugh:

Ive also thought that what SweetSue did in her first journal might work really well for you in there...

Cheers, I found it! Let me know if there's anything in particular you wanted me to look out for. Reading through this will be a nice way to spend the afternoon.

It’s a nice lazy sunday morning here (for you too i hope) so I might spend a minute trying to find the posts of hers I’ve been thinking of...

This is my Sunday so far and I'm loving it! :ganjamon::yummy::surf:

Hope yours has continued to be restful :Namaste::thanks:

I found it too and it was a nice trip down memory lane as it was one of the first full journals i read here - just before I joined in.

I found a number of links where she talk about using the CFLs - she did a ton of research and has an easy way of talking about it.
Here’s 2 awesome autos she grew in her Tiny Closet... surrounded by the array of lights. She started w 2 CFLs per plant and added lights as things went along. I’ve been thinking you could combine this approach w what you have to have more even amount of light, more even spread. SO you would not need as many as she has.

D1E5C924-8375-46D4-880C-D6225BBB1186.jpeg

Let me know if you want the list of links - i won’t dump them here unless you do, they are a reference i’m happy to have collected anyhoo - thanks Sue :Namaste:

I found it too and it was a nice trip down memory lane as it was one of the first full journals i read here - just before I joined in.

I found a number of links where she talk about using the CFLs - she did a ton of research and has an easy way of talking about it.
Here’s 2 awesome autos she grew in her Tiny Closet... surrounded by the array of lights. She started w 2 CFLs per plant and added lights as things went along. I’ve been thinking you could combine this approach w what you have to have more even amount of light, more even spread. SO you would not need as many as she has.

Let me know if you want the list of links - i won’t dump them here unless you do, they are a reference i’m happy to have collected anyhoo - thanks Sue :Namaste:

Thanks Amy and Sue! It's a beautiful picture and setup, like a constellation. :hookah:

I would love a link dump! I don't know how much I would be able to incorporate given how little space I have, but I am very interested nonetheless. :thumb:

I love the organised chaos in Sue's approach here.

Looking good in here brotherhood

Thanks BC! Hope you're doing well this week. :surf: :thanks::hookah:

Sye she is looking great!

You have such an interesting grow style. She reminds me of a beautiful table centrepiece candle thingy. I think it’s called a candelabra. :)

Thanks so much Tra! :Namaste:

You nailed it - the candelabra shape is what I was aiming for. Quite the spectacle, lol!

In retrospect now, not the most efficient shape. But not bad at all, and so beautiful! No regrets. It was a challenge on every level of training, and has been the best practice/learning I could ask for in a first grow.

Are you starting another round soon?

:green_heart::high-five:

Desert, day 29 of 12-12

As mentioned, I worked out her DLI and was shocked at how high it was! Am now aiming for the much more reasonable 41-45.

The yellowing has not progressed much, thankfully!

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

IMG_9710.jpeg

Grub's box gets another upgrade, day 32

So, when you're me, you have to fight for every centimetre of space!

I spent last Friday scouring for the cardboard box with the perfect dimensions. And I found it!

IMG_9693.jpeg

Approximately 30 cubic cm (1~ cubic foot) of space (from the soil up) defines the game I'm playing right now, with both boxes.

This former 420er Katins got 44g with his cubic foot, and was aiming for 50g.

I will play the same game, at (up to) 45W per box.

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

Training will start for Grub very soon.

:thumb: :cheer: :green_heart:

Love the box. You even found one with white sides..lol. The flowering lady is moving right along. Maybe that yellow will clear up as she goes.

Hey Jim! Thank you! Hope you're well man. I need to catch up on your greenhouse.

Haha, I painted the box mate!! :ganjamon::thumb:

I like how you can veg one while you flower the other.
:welldone:
They’re looking great.

Thank ya sir!

I think at the moment I am treating them as completely parallel grows, rather than lining one up behind the other.

It's an interesting question though. :smokin:

Dam u busy
Everthing looks so perfect

Damn gurl I knooow - there's always so much to do!

Every time I think "ah I can chill now," I think of something else... :laughtwo:

You must feel the same way, lol!

Churr the cola's have definitely upsized brother.. looks awesome! i do hope the yellowing improves for you.. Grub looks like she's on the up and up now... Love the box too :Rasta:
roof chop! nice

Cheers BC! Yeah I'm really happy with how things are going.

With Desert, I actually had to remember that she's my first real grow and there are lots of things I haven't even experienced yet, lol!

Definitely pleased. It's straight magic to watch the buds fatten. :ganjamon:

Thank you and the others for supporting this newbie and keeping me company here! :Namaste::green_heart:

Im scared of drying it lol i just cant do anything right im gonna just keep waiting it out. Seems to be workin

Back
Top Bottom