Fudo Myoo's Organic, LED Homegrown Journal

I got my new toys and they appear to be working. I went cheap-o again, I hope it lasts awhile, the reviews weren’t complete shxt, we’ll see.
So I got the lights dialed in at about 400umols across the top. The Ph is reading just North of 6.5 which I’m guessing is the main contributor to my Sativa woes.

IMG_8130.jpeg
IMG_8132.png
IMG_8127.jpeg

LOL! Duckfoot is a stealth cannabis variety that doesn't have the tell-tale leaves like the rest of our plant do. Your plants' leaves also don't look like cannabis (I know I know) hence the comment, which is no longer funny having explained it out loud. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I could see how that would be funny. Sorry for ruining the punch line. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'd probably believe the light meter but I have serious doubts about the pH measuring ability of two metal rods. ;)

I'd compare it to an actually slurry test (distilled water, not RO) and see if the numbers are the same.

LOL thanks Fudo!
Actually I had it the other way around. I thought the probe would be fine and the meter would be junk, based on its price. I figured umol sensor tech, like everything else tech related is terribly overpriced and as far as the probe goes, it’s reading an electrical charge, so as long as the soils wet…I could make one in my basement. Don’t believe the hype.

I read an article on tomatoes the other day. It was a quick overview. It said when planting seeds to only keep the biggest and straightest. The Sip plant was the shortest and had a little lean. I guess you could add the quickest to germinate, because the 1st 2 up are growing the fastest. I suppose this probably applies to most plants.
So I’m thinking what’s going to happen is I’ll pull the one in the Sip and move one of the others to its place. I don’t really need 3 bushes in here anyway and don’t want to have to use a bunch of light. I’ll give her till it’s time to transplant the cups. If I don’t see a growth spurt she’s getting pulled.

IMG_8133.jpeg

I hope everyone had a nice Xmas, ours was fun and fattening. Lots going on around here. 1st off my sip container got recalled. I think it holds far too much water for the soil content, at least for tomatoes. I also think I had too much soil in the water for the wick keeping it far too saturated.
Anyway, I’ll post the pics and you can see what I’ve done. Basically I lowered the floor for more soil and less water. It went from 3 gallons to 2. It’s about 1” of container height per gallon.

IMG_8180.jpeg

I should be able to put 2-4” net pots in the holes depending on the size wick I want, that’ll be convenient.
IMG_8179.jpeg

It’s a work in progress. I’ll have to line the screen with weed barrier and put in a fill tube and drain but you get the idea.

The tomatoes were looking a little sad and I could see some roots starting out of the stems. So I transplanted and buried their entire stem. I should have done it on the first transplant.
IMG_8177.jpeg

The 5 gallon is going into a 10 for it’s final container and the 3 gallon goes in the SIP.
You guys have a safe and happy New Year’s. Be careful driving out there, remember it’s amateur night.
:blunt:

Happy New Year! 🎉

The tomatoes didn’t make it. I believe they caught a virus because I left the stems exposed too long. I dropped a few more seeds for another try, I’m learning as I go.

Hail to the victors!

Signs of life.
IMG_8222.jpeg

So it’s time to set up the sip.
IMG_8211.jpeg
IMG_8212.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg
IMG_8215.jpeg

The mix for the feet is about 70% perlite.
IMG_8214.jpeg
IMG_8216.jpeg

Looks nice and airy in there. Holds about just a little over 2 gallons. Lowering the drain gave me quite a bit more soil really.

Ready for a resident. I’ll put in a couple of fertilizer spikes in the corners.
IMG_8217.jpeg

Have a great day! :blunt:

IMG_8184.png

Back
Top Bottom