Fudo Myoo's Organic, LED Homegrown Journal

GO BLUE!

Does perlite wick better than soil that there's so much in the feet? Or is that to slow down wicking?
Didn’t really think about it, but last time it was almost 100% perlite and it stayed soaked…but did have a larger wick area and more water. Idk, good question, we’ll see.

Good morning! They started to get a little leggy so I buried the stems. The one on the left doesn’t look great, I’m thinking of starting some back ups. This is turning out to be harder than I anticipated but fun nonetheless.
I’ll leave the light right where it’s at and let them grow into it for a minute. It’s at 250 umol’s. Have a great day.
:blunt:
IMG_8229.jpeg
IMG_8228.jpeg

Spring is fast approaching so I figured I’d better get my butt in gear. I took 27 gallons of root balls, 10 gallons ffof and a gallon of ewc and mixed in the Rev’s recycle recipe proportionately. I’m using the above ffof in place of manure because there’s already some in it.

Dump
IMG_8343.jpeg

Amend
IMG_8344.jpeg
IMG_8345.jpeg

Mix
IMG_8346.jpeg

Fold the crust over and in the oven it goes.
IMG_8348.jpeg

The tomato situation. Soils too hot I think, but it’s growing.
IMG_8342.jpeg
IMG_8341.jpeg

Have a great day! :blunt:

So the soils been cooking for 18 days. I did a ph test of both the tomato plant and the super soil. I cleaned the probes with sandpaper before I used my elcheapo ph tester. The results are what I expected. The super soil was higher due to lime which is what I was going for. I’m not sure I totally trust the accuracy of the results. I was expecting more deviation but we’re headed in the right direction. I’ll buy a more reliable, probably digital tester later.

Tomato plant
IMG_8403.png

Super soil
IMG_8402.png

Good morning 420! I’m starting to get things rounded up here and intend on having something above ground in a couple weeks.
So here’s the plan. I’m trying to find a clone of Strawberry Cough. It’s a Sativa dominant hybrid from Michigan that’s gained some notoriety in the Midwest. If I can track that down, that’ll fill the Sativa portion for this grow. Otherwise, I’ll just pick 2 out of the Ace mix pack and 2 others, probably 1 Crystal Candy, that was fantastic. I’m also considering some other excellent local clones. I grew a local Ice Cream Cake once and it was top shelf.

Choices
IMG_8393.jpeg
IMG_8392.jpeg

The soil’s been cooking for over 20 days so it’s ready to go anytime. I have 2, 27 gallon bins full. One is 100% Revs recipe 3rd generation ph a little over 7 for flower. The other is half Revs mix and half ffof and ewc for veg. There’s some tomato fertilizer in there too.
IMG_8420.jpeg
IMG_8419.jpeg

I bleached the room and reconfigured the lighting again. I’m adding another Mars 300w 3500K and ditching the cobs, they run too hot. If I use them again I’ll pull the drivers out.
IMG_8421.jpeg

So that’s the plan. 4 plants, 2 of which will be Sativas, in SIP containers, under the net on the back wall and 2 up front. 1300w of 3500k led over a 5*5 flower footprint. The flower containers will consist of 100% Revs mix and everything watered with RO. I’m getting excited, feels like Christmas! :blunt:

I’m going to RO water for the Sat
Hi Fudo old friend. Mind if I stop by every now and then and check on the new grow with the new cooked soil?!
of course not, you’re welcome anytime! It’s great to hear from you!

I’m going to RO water for the Sat

of course not, you’re welcome anytime! It’s great to hear from you!
Yaaay! Thank you and it's good to see you again Fudo!!!

I’m starting to use RO water for the Sativas. My tap water has no chloride and is ph 7 but undoubtedly loaded with dissolved solids. I’m ordering all the gadgets so I know for sure. I need more control over the soil. They can’t handle it in flower. Hybrids could care less but I’m sure they’ll improve too.

Back
Top Bottom