GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

The leaves appear very nice on the plants. I have no experience of indoor growing, but notice on other indoor pics that indoor leaves often curl down a little, but they look lush so must be fairly happy. It's a bugger about the Sciaridae, hopefully they're not in plague proportions. I occasionally find a leaf hopper on my plants but so far only the odd solitary one. All the best. :smokin:

Thanks!! Yeah, they are not in any critical danger, just a bit droopy. I think @shottafire was right on the money with his conclusion that the cold today and the need to cut back to only feeding once right now will have them stretch back out. They are still young, and someone mentioned before that it was worth trying to feed them twice a day. I'll go back to once, raise the temperature and post the results.

When it comes to the Sciaridae, they had a feast with my house plants this winter and spread to the grow, it was/is noticeable that they hindered the early growth of two GG's. .... So quite a few house plants were thrown and a lot of cuttings placed into water. Last thing I want is a big problem with it in the future, both for the normal girls but more importantly, the seedlings and clones need a safe haven to grow.

Knock on wood, let's hope you don't have any issues with more leaf-hoppers and I get rid of the last Sciaridaes.

Sorry to hear you received some bad news today. I hope your time with the plants was relaxing and fun. Congrats on the newcomer!
:party:

Hey! How are you today?

Yeah, I had some bummer news regarding my current situation and the financial part of it.... Not sure how it got messed up, it was in the hands of others... Will make sure to do what I can to turn it around. Spending some time with the plants helped focus. And thanks on the Critical! I'll be sure to give it a good home :)

Feed twice when the roots need it. If it’s too wet it slows everything down. Twice three times a day becomes necessary when it develops. You’ll know when you see it.
Yup, I'll do that. Thanks again. Got the advice to try giving them feed twice already, with 1/4 strength, but I'm sure you are right, they need more time to develop roots. Tried it out, lesson learned. And a bit wiser.

Hey! How are you today?

Yeah, I had some bummer news regarding my current situation and the financial part of it.... Not sure how it got messed up, it was in the hands of others... Will make sure to do what I can to turn it around. Spending some time with the plants helped focus. And thanks on the Critical! I'll be sure to give it a good home :)

I'm doing great today! Thank you for asking. I have been staying busy cleaning and going to the gym again finally. Working out, steam room, and CBD these last few days have been keeping me chipper.

I'm doing great today! Thank you for asking. I have been staying busy cleaning and going to the gym again finally. Working out, steam room, and CBD these last few days have been keeping me chipper.

Sweeeet! I need to get back to hitting the gym again as well. Love the feeling when your body rewards you with a punch of endorphins. When the routine is in place it's hard to go a week without it.

Hey @GardeningGnome ,

Great job! Things are progressing well here!
Hello @DrCannaCanadian , I almost completely missed out on your comment!! My bad, my bad. Not my intention at all good sir. I got tunnel-vision with uploading the photos from the new arrangement in the veg room and almost missed it. Quite often due to my PTSD, I have real problems sleeping over 3 hours in a row. So here I am. Luckily I saw your blessed post, something heartening to alleviate the situation. I love your grow journals, happy that you took the time to check out my ladies and give me some feedback. :)

And I love all four strains you mention in the title.
Same here!! Perhaps Jack Herer is even my favorite strain to smoke.. How about you?
The bigger plants are Gorilla Glue, The Jack Herer is about a week old, and today the first Critical showed its cotyledon.

What strain is Hera?
Gorilla Glue, and so is Freja.
So it is a bit interesting with one of them showing this sort of genetic trait.

Are you planning on doing anymore LST or HST with Hera?
Absolutely! I love giving them a good workout and have been quite hard on my previous plants. Today I was actually thinking of implementing what you had done to the first couple of leaves (I left a comment on this earlier). It would work perfectly together with the angled grow LEDs (1400 Lumen each) that are giving an extra boost to the lower growth.

I'm interested in watching the progression of this plant; and if you have some extra time, will you please take some close ups of the top of Hera and its purple stems.
Yes sir! Now the veg room is better accommodating for taking photos, so I'll have that done ASAP.

Also, when you water - do you water to runoff? I noticed in the last picture that your pot is sitting directly in the drip tray without a pot riser.
Actually, I never use only a drip tray except for rare occasions like this one when I moved the ladies out in the kitchen yesterday to get a bit more "natural" light on them. Or when I train them. I put them in the trays to avoid the cold bench and to make sure they don't pick anything up from the bench. When watering them I put the plants on other pots, turned upside down. After they are done dripping, I add a fleece dishcloth underneath each pot. This have been an excellent way to drain possible pooling water in the pots. Normally the cloths need one-or-two good wringing outs. I never let my ladies stand in water and get cold feet!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Sorry to hear about the financial woes, hopefully the grow will help with that aye? :Rasta:

No question!

The grow helps in so many ways...

Now; it is my daily comfort, a safe haven. Making sure the ladies feel good -> makes me feel good. A place to process other things waying heavily on the mind.... A place to learn more about botany. And now also.... It have given me all of you here on the 420mag community.

When the crop is done; it is what gives me peace-of-mind and my weary soul solace. To be able and slow and look at life with both joy and with clear eyes. It is my nutrition to take as good care of myself as I do with the ladies. And when it comes time for bed, a good high THC strain allows me to sleep a good sleep. It helps me get rid of the fucking pills prescribed for all of the ails mentioned above.

Darn tootin' the grow helps.

Hello all!

After feeding them only once yesterday (plus nematodes) and today, making sure I raised the temperature by rearranging the veg-room and adding the additional lights = The ladies have been looking much better. Extra kudos goes to @shottafire for the help.

The droopy problem has been completely sorted out on Hera and Freja is 85% there. Hera even started her LST today. (That is the two nicknames I gave the superior Gorilla Glues. I've decided to stick with goddesses names this grow. Btw, did you know that we named the day Friday after Freja?)

Yesterday we had a seed showing up, the first Critical. I can confirm that now, this evening, she's been joined by three more three sisters. (One more Critical and two Jack Herer.) They are still to show their cotyledons, only juuuust bending their way up. Last seed left to say hello is the Northern Lights from Sensei Seeds. She will come. We Northerners are often late bloomers.

I will end this post by adding a photo of Hera, the GG that's been showing genetics of purple. She also has a complete different fragrance compared to Freja. It got hints of lime/lemon, grapefruit, and passionfruit. I fuck*ng love this lady already. Look at that purple stem!!!

Hera.jpg

Thanks for the interest, advice and support @GIjose @shottafire @Stunger@Modest grower @Killerbudz @Preston9mm @nivek @DrCannaCanadian and @candycane .Digital hugs to you all

I will end this post by adding a photo of Hera, the GG that's been showing genetics of purple. She also has a complete different fragrance compared to Freja. It got hints of lime/lemon, grapefruit, and passionfruit. I fuck*ng love this lady already. Look at that purple stem!!!
Wow that's amazing! The Gorilla Glue Auto I'm growing is completely regular looking compared to Hera.

Wow that's amazing! The Gorilla Glue Auto I'm growing is completely regular looking compared to Hera.
Is that one amongst the outside ladies in your outdoor journal? I can't remember seeing any photos of a GG Auto at this moment.. Did I just miss it?

Is that one amongst the outside ladies in your outdoor journal? I can't remember seeing any photos of a GG Auto at this moment.. Did I just miss it?
It is in the right most pot. There are a couple of new pics of it just posted, 36 days since breaking soil.

It is in the right most pot. There are a couple of new pics of it just posted, 36 days since breaking soil.
Nice! I'll check it out today. Thanks

Update time!!
Photos are taken without the overhead Mars Hydro LED turned on, to get more "natural" light photos.

20200206_132043.jpg

Overview of Freja. More LST have been applied to the lower leaves and also started on the top section.

20200206_132315.jpg

Closeup of the top and the twisted stem. It is tied down with wire.

20200206_132401.jpg

Overview of Hera. also with more LST applied.

20200206_132415.jpg

Purple top of Hera.

20200206_132451.jpg

Comparison of Hera and one of two smaller GG's (Gorilla Glue).
All four seeds were planted at the same time, and two of them (Hera & Freja) are today three times the size compared to the two smaller plants. The same amount of feed was given during the first time for all four plants. The only possible reason for the two smaller plants is the Sciaridae (dark-winged fungus gnats) pest problem that was at that time a major issue. That is now addressed and no visible bugs have been seen on the girls or anywhere around the veg-room today and none at any of the house plants. The two smaller plants have recouped quite well during the last three days, but the weaker of the two is still not looking 100%. I'm thinking of giving them some more time, then putting them into flower. I will be doing similar with Freja, but I want to take a few clones o her before putting her into flower.

Question: The new growth is not really yellow but closer to that lush light yet strong green as new growth should have. They look great but, I'm wondering if there might be an iron deficiency. What do you guys think?

I doubt there is a iron deficiency yet. They look fine GG I would just be patient. Those slower Gorilla glues should turn around.

Thanks!! The iron deficiency problems are more often seen during bloom, right?

Back
Top Bottom