GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

*I've done this!

Worked like a champ.

I used a mix of perlite & DE to top dress an inch or 2 on each pot. That, coupled with a few sticky traps, wiped them out in a week.
:thumb:
I thought the moss was a good idea! Heard DE sticks well to it and I would think helps it not wash away. :lot-o-toke:

good sunday to you friend,,

ever since we chatted about the canucks they have been on a skid,, so,, no more,,

cool you have seen so much world junior hockey,, gosh,, when i was younger that tourney was everything. i so remember staying up so late boxing day and over the holidays to watch it all. hockey was just so much more exciting (in my head anyway) back then.

karma to your venture,, a bit o warmth too,

enjoy the day friend,, cheers

we have a huge flower garden at our home,, this is what i like to do with them,,another hobby,,

P1170558.JPG

that rooster in the background is chicken. he is a rooster but his name is chicken

I thought the moss was a good idea! Heard DE sticks well to it and I would think helps it not wash away. :lot-o-toke:
My thought behind using the perlite was to keep the surface dry so they wouldn't have anywhere to breed.
:thumb:

My thought behind using the perlite was to keep the surface dry so they wouldn't have anywhere to breed.

Think 'll go with one of these options for my bigger pots. Thanks you guys!!

ever since we chatted about the canucks they have been on a skid,, so,, no more,,
Yeah, everytime you look away from NHL, there is a new development for a team. With such a hard schedule, minor things within a team can mass up and completely get them outta sync.

cool you have seen so much world junior hockey,, gosh,, when i was younger that tourney was everything. i so remember staying up so late boxing day and over the holidays to watch it all. hockey was just so much more exciting (in my head anyway) back then.
Yeah! For me it is one of the few times you get to see the young roosters from across the pond in action, plus when the championship is played here in EU it is easier to watch it without warping your whole sleep-rhythm completely.

You to good sir!

we have a huge flower garden at our home,, this is what i like to do with them,,another hobby,,
Nice! Wish I had a garden to poke around in... Last year I grew my balcony so green it looked like someone had thrown a flower&vegetables hand grenade into it. Grew some things the ladies at the gardening-center said: "no no no, you can't do that!" about, like gooseberry and currant. The seeds for this years balcony-garden will be put into soil/coco at the end of this month, beginning of next. For this year, I'll try Mina Lobata/Spanish Flag and Cathedral Bell for creeping up the walls, together with some still undecided new seed-varieties. Snapdragons are lovely for the railing. And, since I'm a man of short and wonky statue, I've always love bonsai. So I'll go for a double-whammy and grow a truckload of Fuchia's. The ones from last year I trained hard, and it really paid off, looking like some plant out of a SciFi scene at their best in late summer. Small small trees with just an explosion of bell-shaped flowers.

that rooster in the background is chicken. he is a rooster but his name is chicken
Obviously! Anything else would be silly. I'll call him Fox 'cuz he looks to be a clever and proud mama hen.

I'll leave you with a picture of my Pinus yamadori friend. (The Japanese words "yamadori" mean "collected plant from the mountains") A bonsai I gathered from a rocky hillside out in the forest around here. They are usually a pain in the buttocks to get comfortable living in a pot, but this guy didn't mind. Every year I dig up a layer of the topsoil to make more of the roots visible.

42yamadori.jpg

All the best buddy! Happy you dropped by, digital huuuugs!

Update time!!
Photos are taken without the overhead Mars Hydro LED turned on, to get more "natural" light photos.

20200206_132043.jpg

Overview of Freja. More LST have been applied to the lower leaves and also started on the top section.

20200206_132315.jpg

Closeup of the top and the twisted stem. It is tied down with wire.

20200206_132401.jpg

Overview of Hera. also with more LST applied.

20200206_132415.jpg

Purple top of Hera.

20200206_132451.jpg

Comparison of Hera and one of two smaller GG's (Gorilla Glue).
All four seeds were planted at the same time, and two of them (Hera & Freja) are today three times the size compared to the two smaller plants. The same amount of feed was given during the first time for all four plants. The only possible reason for the two smaller plants is the Sciaridae (dark-winged fungus gnats) pest problem that was at that time a major issue. That is now addressed and no visible bugs have been seen on the girls or anywhere around the veg-room today and none at any of the house plants. The two smaller plants have recouped quite well during the last three days, but the weaker of the two is still not looking 100%. I'm thinking of giving them some more time, then putting them into flower. I will be doing similar with Freja, but I want to take a few clones o her before putting her into flower.

Question: The new growth is not really yellow but closer to that lush light yet strong green as new growth should have. They look great but, I'm wondering if there might be an iron deficiency. What do you guys think?

Hey @GardeningGnome,

They look great!

Iron deficiency - definitely not :) You should have went with Molybdenum - it sounds way more cool! lol :cool:

To me, it looks like the presentation of a bit of overwatering - nothing serious happening there.

And I appreciate the close ups - I was interested in tracking it's progress in case something like this shows up in the FAQs.

If Im understanding right you are growing autos..no? I know everyone has their own way of doing their grow.... Just asking.. Why would you want to top on an auto? I know those plants are on their own schedule as far as when they go to flower, wouldn't you want the main focus on growth? Im only asking because I have not tried to grow an auto before, and this info will go into my tool box for when Ido try and grow one. As far as cloth pots, Ive only used hard plastic pots. They are much easier for me to take care of my plantsHappy Friday to you ad well!:hippy:

Hey @GIjose , there is so much confusion are lore out there about autos it's unreal!

An auto is a high quality photo that has been cut with a low quality ruderalis plant. Grow them like a photo,keep them healthy, and top them at node 6 when the removal of the auxins will actually have a significant effect on your plant.

I like @Old Salt 's idea of growing two rounds of autos outside though - so I might give that a go this year.

And @Preston9mm 's Dreamberry - that is presenting very well - my Emperor Sidious plant has the same structure and I love it!

good sunday to you friend,,

P1170558.JPG

That's beautiful - the Mrs likes to do that - and I get to sit back and enjoy.

Chicken - lol Great name :)

You should have went with Molybdenum - it sounds way more cool! lol
Ofcouuurse... Haha. Of course I knew that! You didn't see me opening a new tab and duckduckgo'ing it quickly now, did you? :)

To me, it looks like the presentation of a bit of overwatering
Ah yes, well spotted. I made the mistake to water too much earlier in the week. Most likely it still was showing a bit of hangover from getting too much to drink.

And @Preston9mm 's Dreamberry - that is presenting very well - my Emperor Sidious plant has the same structure and I love it!
Indeed, I like that strategy as well.

And I appreciate the close ups - I was interested in tracking it's progress in case something like this shows up in the FAQs.
No worries, my pleasure! The fragrance from the purple GG is really beautiful as well.

Now I'll get back to figuring out the best way to modify and upgrade the carbon filter for my smaller air system.

air.jpg

A bit of huckle-buckle, bit of IKEA-thinking... And a whole lot of creativity. It is a nice piece of hardware with a great strong engine in it for that size, but the standard carbon-filter needs a growers love to really capture the oh so lovely smell of weed in the morning.

Namaste good sir!

Heard of an interesting ipm practice thought you might like. Since you're dealing with those gnats and we know they like wet conditions to lay eggs you can try mixing sphagnum moss and diatomaceous earth then use it like a cover crop to prevent gnats getting to the coco. Seems like something that would be very cheap and easy to do.
I used a mix of perlite & DE to top dress an inch or 2 on each pot. That, coupled with a few sticky traps, wiped them out in a week.

Forgot to mention!! The "folk remedy" here to deal with them is to use a mix of apple vinegar, bit of juice and water. Add a drop of dish-soap to break the water tension. Worked great when there were a lot of them, so many drawn to that potion. And, also good to see there have only been a handful of them drowning in it the last five days. But, the house is filled with jars of strange liquids placed at random places.... haha

Hello hello!

I just posted a list of audiobooks on the subject of cannabis:
Cannabis Audiobooks

Do have a look, there is something for everyone.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend!!
/Gnome

Hello good people!

Below is a picture of my first Jack Herer, it is now 13 days since the first real leaves showed.

It has been growing well, and really well the last week. But the two last days showing a bit of light light green, almost yellow on the inner part of the leaves and a liiiittle streaky bright green in the leaves.

Is this okay, just me being overprotective? Standard for good growth even in this small plants with few leaves to be this bright/light green, or is it something I should adjust? I feed it once a day on 1/3 of the strength, on a 18/6 schedule. No burns on the tips or anything else.

jack.jpg

Thanks everyone, hope the weekend was nice for ya'll!!!!

I didnt even have time to get a cup of coffee before you had an answer for me... amazing.
Thanks a million @Pennywise

She looks just a little underfed.
I had my guesses, but wasn't sure. And I've tended to overfeed and overwater in the past, so I tried to stay on the level, or even the lower side with this Jack. But I think that I didn't really "follow" the kick in growth it had during the last couple of days, with the corresponding feeding. Makes sense, specially when you put the finger on exactly that issue @Pennywise. Again, thanks so much!

It’s all good, I want to watch your Jack Herer grow out.
Luv it!!

My Gorilla Glues have gone bonkers, in that good good way. One (the purple) is almost ready to have some clones taken from, and the purple have started to spread onto side branches now even.. The other one have been trained hard and topped, and developing nice is a big (for me) 10L fabric pot. Will have some photos of them tomorrow as well, plus my Critical and smaller Jack seedlings.

But this first Jack is special... Jack Herer is a favorite strain for me to smoke, and this is the first time growing it.

I had a very good day here, with a lot of major problems sorted out and questionmarks straightened out within my health-care "journey"... Finally there is a longterm plan ahead, and so much stress and worries lifted of my shoulders. And coming home to this, the support of you guys? LUV IT

Glad your healthcare is looking up, it’s a worry for a lot of us here.

Yeah.
My meeting today was with three levels of the doctors in the room. My doctor, her boss, her bosses-boss.
It took that kinda involvement for them to finally "get in gear". Came to the meeting with about 250pages of journals from the last five years in their care, and about 100 extra pages. Perhaps not their normal kinda patient.... So well, many things will be happening on that part now. Soo happy to finally get the ball rolling again, with a longterm plan and a truckload of security not to "become stranded" within the system again.

Back
Top Bottom