GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

Okay!! Time for todays update with some photos.

Let us start with the massive roots on Hera. Holy smokes!!

20200213_132910.jpeg

This is the best Gorilla Glue (named Hera). I've left her too long in the same pot due to the Sciaridae problem, and I didn't want to move her until 14 days had gone for the nematodes to do their work.

But daaamn! The best roots I've ever seen on a plant of mine. Had to loosen them up "a bit" up for the 10L fabric pot that she is in now. Have seen so many plants struggle (not only cannabis) when they get root-bound and moved to a bigger pot, but then they still circle that inner "old" pot size, I always try to spread out the roots and give them as much of the new space as possible.

20200213_123318.jpeg

Here she is again before the move. The top of her is now been cut for a clone. I wanted to try and get a "top-cutting" which is something typical for other sort of plants and considered to be the best cutting to get. And at the same time she got a goot topping, which turned out excellent. Lets hope that cutting starts getting roots as well!!

20200213_122550.jpeg

Here is her sister, Freja.
She have been in the 10L fabric pot for some time now, and have been doing great.

20200213_122908.jpeg

Here are the four last seedlings, two Critical and two Jack Herer before the got bigger pots. All looking great with nice developed roots. Sorry for the strips on the picture.

20200213_123033.jpeg

Last up is the smaller GG that have recovered nicely. Still not expecting too much from her, but she is going into flower soon after getting moved to a 3.5L pot. Will not get the best of lights, but there is room in the bloom-tent.

Thats it folks!!

Okay!! Time for todays update with some photos.

Let us start with the massive roots on Hera. Holy smokes!!

20200213_132910.jpeg

This is the best Gorilla Glue (named Hera). I've left her too long in the same pot due to the Sciaridae problem, and I didn't want to move her until 14 days had gone for the nematodes to do their work.

But daaamn! The best roots I've ever seen on a plant of mine. Had to loosen them up "a bit" up for the 10L fabric pot that she is in now. Have seen so many plants struggle (not only cannabis) when they get root-bound and moved to a bigger pot, but then they still circle that inner "old" pot size, I always try to spread out the roots and give them as much of the new space as possible.

20200213_123318.jpeg

Here she is again before the move. The top of her is now been cut for a clone. I wanted to try and get a "top-cutting" which is something typical for other sort of plants and considered to be the best cutting to get. And at the same time she got a goot topping, which turned out excellent. Lets hope that cutting starts getting roots as well!!

20200213_122550.jpeg

Here is her sister, Freja.
She have been in the 10L fabric pot for some time now, and have been doing great.

20200213_122908.jpeg

Here are the four last seedlings, two Critical and two Jack Herer before the got bigger pots. All looking great with nice developed roots. Sorry for the strips on the picture.

20200213_123033.jpeg

Last up is the smaller GG that have recovered nicely. Still not expecting too much from her, but she is going into flower soon after getting moved to a 3.5L pot. Will not get the best of lights, but there is room in the bloom-tent.

Thats it folks!!
Wonderful job on that rootball!! You can always tell an authentic Gorilla Glue 4 because she is a beast! Lol Mine is growing like crazy too! Nice job Gnome!!:high-five:

Yes the roots do look really healthy and well, even if they have gone wild! The plant must presumably be very happy as the leaves look great too.

I have never taken clones. I don't have a grow tent, outside only, so it is really just growing from seed for me, but to think every time I have topped a plant I could also be growing out the cutting. :hmmmm:

That is almost a shame not to do so when growing out feminized seed, as you should be guaranteed another female, it is perhaps different with regular seeds when you haven't yet found out the gender. I usually only micro top but probably better to let it grow more if then growing out the topping. Something to think about for next season :bongrip:

Yes the roots do look really healthy and well, even if they have gone wild! The plant must presumably be very happy as the leaves look great too.

I have never taken clones. I don't have a grow tent, outside only, so it is really just growing from seed for me, but to think every time I have topped a plant I could also be growing out the cutting. :hmmmm:

That is almost a shame not to do so when growing out feminized seed, as you should be guaranteed another female, it is perhaps different with regular seeds when you haven't yet found out the gender. I usually only micro top but probably better to let it grow more if then growing out the topping. Something to think about for next season :bongrip:
I wish I can grow outdoors here my soil here is about 90% clay . I love the fact that you can clone them, Creating a perpetual Grow! Cheers

Nice looking roots bro and the plants look stellar too. Well done
Thanks thanks!! The GG that got repotted to the 10L fabric pot and topping yesterday is already looking stellar like Proxima Centauri! :) Pictures below.

Wonderful job on that rootball!! You can always tell an authentic Gorilla Glue 4 because she is a beast! Lol Mine is growing like crazy too! Nice job Gnome!!
Thanks & Yeah! Without a doubt, the best grow I've ever managed to have. Much thanks to all of you guys and keeping a journal!! And, I've had great success with this seed provider, same this time with all seeds germinating and lovely strong plants. All seeds this grow are from the same place; BSB, Bulk Seed Bank, which is better then the name might sound like if you are into bespoke ish. Good genetics, good germination rate (the only seed that did not grow, was the Northern Lights, which was from another provider, Sensi Seeds), and strong plants with interesting phenotypes.

That GG (Hera) is already looking good after the repotting and really late topping, much better canopy development than I had hoped for. Pictures below @GIjose !

I wish I can grow outdoors here my soil here is about 90% clay
Ouch, that is a bit thick....

Lets hope it keeps growing like this. This GG have a really interesting phenotype with lovely fragarance and with beautiful dark purple stems. I'll get some more photos of this in the coming days. I selected this (Hera) GG for cloning quite quickly. Nice to see it was the right pick.

That is almost a shame not to do so when growing out feminized seed, as you should be guaranteed another female, it is perhaps different with regular seeds when you haven't yet found out the gender. I usually only micro top but probably better to let it grow more if then growing out the topping. Something to think about for next season
Yeah! I've always kicked myself when I don't take cuttings from a good plant, and it performs even better in bloom. From this GG, I will be taking two cuttings from the lower branches later on as well.

But more interesting is to see how it goes with this "top-cutting", aka making a clone using the absolute top of the plant, aka terminal-bud or apical-bud. Think I mentioned before, that this is the best clone/cutting possible from a plant when it comes to almost all other house-plants and other plants that I've come across. I took only off a few nodes, and perhaps should have taken one more node downwards for the clone to have best chances. But, we will see..

My cutting now stands on top of hydro-grains, put in a RootRiot cube inside a dome, "made for one". :)
Clonex is banned in this country (some weird environmental-law that haven't been updated for ages) so I'm using a powder that contains the plant hormone "auxin". It has worked great with all sorts of cuttings, so with cannabis. I snapped a picture of it, added below.

----------------------
20200214_162122.jpeg

Cutting from Gorilla Glue "Hera", here under a humidity-dome. Keeping the humidity high, and watches the clone almost every hour for signs of sloping or other alerts.

20200214_142657.jpeg

Picture of the canopy of Hera, after the late late topping.
Since I was veeeery hard with the LST, it already have an excellent thick, and even canopy.

20200214_142832.jpeg

Another picture of the canopy of Hera. Very happy with this plant. She already have a lovely fragrance of lemon/lime and grapefruit.

I wish I can grow outdoors here my soil here is about 90% clay . I love the fact that you can clone them, Creating a perpetual Grow! Cheers
Could you not just work some suitable amendments into a small selected patch of soil and make it workable for an outdoor plant or two to grow. Gypsum is often seen as a good clay breaker, altho it is dependent on the 'type' or clay you've got, and aeration amendments like perlite or pumice, perhaps a little sand could be useful, and then some compost and some of the usual nutrient amendments.

Could you not just work some suitable amendments into a small selected patch of soil and make it workable for an outdoor plant or two to grow.
I'd use raised-beds to plant cannabis if having some land with that heavy clay.

Could you not just work some suitable amendments into a small selected patch of soil and make it workable for an outdoor plant or two to grow. Gypsum is often seen as a good clay breaker, altho it is dependent on the 'type' or clay you've got, and aeration amendments like perlite or pumice, perhaps a little sand could be useful, and then some compost and some of the usual nutrient amendments.
I did actually! My son and I built a vegie garden, I 1.5ft. Deep With top soil. Any plant that we planted with deep roots didnt develop properly. All veggies with shallow roots did wonderfully.
20190627_182206.jpg
20190701_202633.jpg

My apologies @GardeningGnome I'm not trying to spam your page.

I did actually! My son and I built a vegie garden, I 1.5ft. Deep With top soil. Any plant that we planted with deep roots didnt develop properly. All veggies with shallow roots did wonderfully.
20190627_182206.jpg
20190701_202633.jpg

Nice zucchini bro. Try to mix the native with the topsoil some more and then put down a 1” layer of compost and a nice healthy layer of
Mulch over that.

Nice zucchini bro. Try to mix the native with the topsoil some more and then put down a 1” layer of compost and a nice healthy layer of
Mulch over that.
I'll give it a shot next summer. Thanks for the info!

Bah!! This thread needs more gardening tips! You are most welcome to write more about it, I'm thinking myself to renting an allotment to grow on this summer, so it is far from spam!

Nice! I have mentioned the BBC show "Gardeners' World" before, and it is excellent. No egos involved, just a team of skilled gardernes, mucking about in their own and others gardens. Last summer they followed one lady, with superduper thick clay soil. Worth checking out if you want more information, I know many of the episodes are available on Youtube.

Nice zucchini bro. Try to mix the native with the topsoil some more and then put down a 1” layer of compost and a nice healthy layer of Mulch over that.
Sounds excellent. This is a part of what I saw they did in the programme mentioned above. Mixing topsoil with the clay-based soil, then using "raised-beds" to get some more deep into it, and then a nice layer of compost. Worked like a charm.

I hope the weekend has started nicely for ya'll, digital hugs all around!

I'll give it a shot next summer. Thanks for the info!
I am really sure that you'll be able to have your garden humming along even tho you're starting on clay, your veges look great. There are lots of really helpful postings and sites out there about successfully gardening on clay. I started off a narrow vege patch last between a wall and fence with barely a 2 hour daily slot of direct sun. It was also a thick clay soil. It is probably ideal to have it dry'ish to bust up but I did mine when it happened to be wet and gluey, I added a bunch of stuff, supersoil type amendments and just tried to make a decent go at forking it all in, it certainly wasn't perfect, any more and I would have liked a tiller/cultivator to do the hard stuff with. I probably only broke it up with a fork to a foot deep, but mixed in lots of good stuff, as well as being generous with the Gypsum as that is supposed to be a clay breaker and finished it with a layer of homemade compost. I added a border around it with some old but still perfectly good Aussie red gum posts which made it into a raised garden bed. There are still clumps of clay in the soil. I planted 10 different veges to see what would cope, and this year have found that tomatoes, celery, parsley, cucumbers, sugarsnaps and passionfruit have mostly flourished. Altho the sweetcorn, capsicum and corriander just got too overshadowed and didn't, the silverbeet I am yet to pull up to find out, all organic, actually quite fun and rewarding for want of a better word, being something that you have helped create and know there is no nasty chemicals in it. I started a worm farm too, virtually all the worm wee gets given to my quadlined girls, which they get pretty much every watering.
Now let's get back to the grows of importance at hand! :hookah:

Had some funk before, didn't load the pictures.. Saw them now, really nice place your got there!!
Some really nice veggies!

Traning day!!!

Freja & Hera (Both Gorilla Glue's) got some cleaning and the LST continued for real today, after having been moved to 10L fabric pots. Both got wired down, and also "semi-supercropped", were I twist and bend down the tops of the shoots. Two cuttings also taken from Hera, they needed to go for the training to happen.

20200215_123942.jpeg

Freja have been in the bigger pot for the longest, and is really loving it.

20200215_144529.jpeg

Hera getting some tough love.

20200215_144648.jpeg

Closeup of Hera.

20200215_151222.jpeg

And a daylight snapshot of the purple stems of Hera.

Had some funk before, didn't load the pictures.. Saw them now, really nice place your got there!!
Some really nice veggies!
Thank you, it was a great summer project for some Dad and Son bonding. Sorry again for posting on your journal like that. Cheers!

Traning day!!!

Freja & Hera (Both Gorilla Glue's) got some cleaning and the LST continued for real today, after having been moved to 10L fabric pots. Both got wired down, and also "semi-supercropped", were I twist and bend down the tops of the shoots. Two cuttings also taken from Hera, they needed to go for the training to happen.

20200215_123942.jpeg

Freja have been in the bigger pot for the longest, and is really loving it.

20200215_144529.jpeg

Hera getting some tough love.

20200215_144648.jpeg

Closeup of Hera.

20200215_151222.jpeg

And a daylight snapshot of the purple stems of Hera.
Great job with LST!!

Back
Top Bottom