GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

All good in the hood @Modest grower & @Stunger ?
I saw you got some insect issues Stunger, will need to check your photos again. The plants are still looking bushy, like George.
How is the yellowed lady of yours Modest? Looking better?

I saw you got some insect issues Stunger, will need to check your photos again. The plants are still looking bushy, like George.
How is the yellowed lady of yours Modest? Looking better?

She is looking better. I put her in a 10gal. Pot with some fresh soil and folded her out quite a bit. The buds are stacking up and on a level plane. Interesting to see how the lower buds are now stacking up. Seeing some decent trichomes. I'm hoping it keeps bulking up and frosting out. Seems happy

I promised you all a real hacker project, so here it is!!

Talking with the home-shopping network voice:
-
Are you tired of your computer sh*t looking like this? Every wire, everywhere!

20200220_155412.jpeg

Yes I am!

This is only about one third of my home network.

For you that don't know, the circuit board to the left, is a "single-board computer". A normal computer, shrunk down to just one board, with harddrive and all that jazz. I use them to build my own router, DNS-server and wireless point, and "in-house Netflix server", and of course, a file-server for all the cannabis books..

The whole ish takes too much space, is all over the house and needed to get huckle-buckled... I wanted to make something nice. ("Back in the days", I used to make custom-routers for people. I loved finding old-old wobbly telephones and using the shell to make a wireless router. Anyways!) I grabbed my Dremel, and some other tools, and went to town. First, the tools!

20200220_220344.jpeg

My home-made station to keep track of all the bits for the Dremel. Horse-shoe!

20200220_154242.jpeg

So, here is where it started. A few of the single board computers, and some plastic screws, and the rest. In "real" computer-bizniz, ducktape is forbidden. It messes up waay to easy, so velcro strips is the way forward.

Oh yeah, the black thing at the bottom? That is what we will be using as the base for this project. Old wooden IKEA CD-stand... Got it for like 3 bucks at the second-hand-store. Really nice one actually, strong yet light. Perfect!

20200220_220128.jpeg

So here is all of the (right now) parts that we will use. Only thing missing is another external drive. This is computers, wireless, network, and all things needed.. Here we go!

20200220_220159.jpeg

We need a good "foot". This is from an old TV. Plus, I added a 7" vinyl to jazz it up a bit, plus it works great to hold everything in place.

20200220_220736.jpeg

Here is the CD thingy again. Now spray-painted in gold. Yeah, I had some gold paint at home. Dope.
Plus, we wanted something that reflects light... Why? You will see dear friends, you will see!

20200220_235959.jpeg

After about an hour of mounting everything, this is what we get!
Plent of space to add the other four computers as well!

20200221_001234.jpeg

Boom!
So, I added some LED strips. I'm not normally for any sort of "fancy pants" thing like that, but this project will stand in a corner and replace a lamp. So why not?

20200221_000400.jpeg

Is it just me, or did I just create something that most likely become self-aware and turn into a fu*king Transformer? The antennas did the trick for that!

There we have it.

Eight parts, including computers, harddrives, router, antennas.. You name it. All there. PLUS, all the cables are on the backside. This used to take up a whole table. Now, I got my own computer-tower. With plenty of space for the rest of the single-board computers, harddrives and what not. Nice.
That's awesome!! I LOVE DIY PROJECTS!!!..LOL

She is looking better. I put her in a 10gal. Pot with some fresh soil and folded her out quite a bit. The buds are stacking up and on a level plane. Interesting to see how the lower buds are now stacking up. Seeing some decent trichomes. I'm hoping it keeps bulking up and frosting out. Seems happy
Just checked your journal and she is looking better. Keep an eye on the nutrients now that you have fresh soil.
And keep up with the fluxing! I just took 30minutes to check the wires on my two biggest GG's.... a bit of loosening and a bit of tightening was needed :)
Nice with some showing of bud creation! I'm awaiting my two smaller GG's to start showing flower-phase action, but it will take a few weeks more. Keep it frosting up, keep em happy!

Great work on the tower GG! Great use of recycling what you have and making a totally functional transformer ;)
Yeeah! Nothing better for this kinda projects! There is a Linux version that is similar to Amazon's "Alexa" out there.. I should add a board-computer and mic, and call it Optimus.

That's awesome!! I LOVE DIY PROJECTS!!!..LOL
Of course!! There are boxes for this sort of single-board-computers, but they are all plastic sh*t.. And it would all take up vertical space anyways since I use different manufacturers. So why not build a tower? :)

Yeah my Gorilla Glue Auto was getting some damage to some of the fan leaves in a kind of 'circular pattern across the leaf blades. I've seen the odd leaf like that in the past that never amounted to more so ignored it. This time it was over a few leaves so I hand applied a mix of potassium soap and Neem oil to just the leaves, and so far it doesn't look like there's been any further damage. I have a feeling it was already several days old when I treated them.

It is interesting the growth of my GGa, as a friend sprouted one of the same batch of seeds on the same day as me, his is untrained like a Christmas tree and looking pretty good, buds beginning to thicken out. Whereas I LST'd mine which seems to have delayed it perhaps 10 days - 2 weeks behind his GGa. Altho my potential cola arms are all on a similar level so it will be interesting how the 2 plants compare when harvested. Neither of us had any experience in Autos. My other 2 Quadlined girls are I guess a bit George Bushy, altho I thinned a further bunch of leaves off them recently but found their supercropped canopies are a bit too hard to get into with scissors.

It's hot weather here with no rain for weeks, but good growing weather. Hope you getting some favorable weather too where you are!:cool:

Of course!! There are boxes for this sort of single-board-computers, but they are all plastic sh*t.. And it would all take up vertical space anyways since I use different manufacturers. So why not build a tower? :)
Not sure why I wasn't getting notifications for your journal but I am back.

Hey hey peeps and peepets!

I'm thinking of putting one of my big Gorilla Glue's into bloom today, and wanted to ask you all about defoliation & pruning.
So I have been pruning and removing leaves, letting in light into the lower nodes. All the leaves from the main stem are gone.

In the past, I've tried both leaving every leaf on the plant and something closer to "schwazzing", removing more or less all leaves except the ones closest to the bud formations.

How do you guys approach this situation?

Below are some photos of my Gorilla Glue that is going into bloom today. She is drinking/eating very well, standing in a 10L fabric pot. Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

20200222_110835.jpeg

20200222_113723.jpeg

And, a bonus for the day, is a photo of my LST of a Jack Herer and one of the Criticals. I use two LED lights to give additional light into the lower nodes. Above is a Mars Hydro as well.

I use some bonsai technics where you twist the main stem and leaves. It can be described like this:
The normal plant grows leaves in the form of a " + " when seen from above. What I do is tie down the leaves in an angle, twisting/turning them, making it look closer to " x " when finished. This leaves more open space between the leaves.

20200221_145925(2).jpeg

Hope all is well with you 420fam!

the okanagan valley, where i live, is home to some of canadas best growing conditions. b.c. bud has a reputation for a reason,, tho real b.c. bud is famous cuz of one man who learned to cultivate indoors in canadas winters,, quite a story actually
Sounds interesting... "BC Bud" is even well-known in Europe.

Here is one we picked up it is a mix between a kumquat and mandarin tree I believe. It is flowering and has 1 or two small fruits developing. I got it because it reminds me of a grapefruit tree I once cared for. Smelled Divine.

I just transplanted it and Andi is protecting it.

I hope all is well, mi amigo!

20200217_202242.jpg

Now that is interesting!!! A nice looking combination of pot, plant, and pup!
In my living room is a citrus plant, but I'm not sure what sort exactly.. I planted way too many seeds last year, and got forgot to label all of them. Enjoyable indeed. Hope all is well!

Everyone has an opinion on this. If I defol it is a week before flip so they can bounce back. Roughly 21 days after flip the stretch has stopped. If I'm going to remove any lower branches that won't make it to the canopy I'll do it then.

I only know what my mentor and Doc says. Doc says take everything off below the 4th node of each branch. Duggan says take everything off the bottom 1/3 of each branch so I try to do something in between about 10 days before flip. I have gone back and done a little more pruning after that as well

Hey hey peeps and peepets!

I'm thinking of putting one of my big Gorilla Glue's into bloom today, and wanted to ask you all about defoliation & pruning.
So I have been pruning and removing leaves, letting in light into the lower nodes. All the leaves from the main stem are gone.

In the past, I've tried both leaving every leaf on the plant and something closer to "schwazzing", removing more or less all leaves except the ones closest to the bud formations.

Below are some photos of my Gorilla Glue that is going into bloom today. She is drinking/eating very well, standing in a 10L fabric pot. Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

20200222_110835.jpeg

20200222_113723.jpeg
Since your plant is short and stubby, I would just defoliate the bottom two nodes, and then wait till your plant starts its stretch. Once it stretches you can judge what areas you want to have your light hit to give those hidden Bud sites much energy that needs from the light to grow more larger or dense buds. As you can see from the replies everyone has their particular way of the defoliating, or not the defoliate. LOL. I do mine this way because I don't want to limit the amount of solar panels my plant has to use to grow big and strong. When I start to see that the fan leaves are covering up other growth, or bud sites I normally clip them off after my initial Defoliation. Hope you can use my input. Cheers!
-G.I.JOSE

I treat it like a canvas. I choose how I want my plant to look through veg. Once I top above the 5th node I let it recover after about a week there will be fans blocking the lower branches trying to reach up I will take those pretty early on. I really feel like indoors defoliation is important in small spaces the bigger the space gets and the
More lights you have it gets to be a little less important. Removing all the lowers is a must at 21 days and a selective leaf stripping at or around the 42 days or 3/4’s mark of flower.
I do it mainly for airflow purposes and to add some light to the lowers. There’s lots of variables but treat it like a canvas like a piece of art. Stand back and look at the plant and think about how you want it to look. I never Really liked lst tried it and the way I learned with two trellis nets is without compare imo.

Back
Top Bottom