GardeningGnome's Gorilla Glue, Jack Herer, Critical & Northern Lights: Coco & LED, 2020

Time for photo-update AND an interesting question!

Please see this first photo, and how the middle of the new growth has a slight "rost" color.
Can any of you identify it? Anything in need of adjusting?

20200203_hera_00_top.jpg

Other than that, it looks good:

20200203_hera_01.jpg

20200203_hera_02.jpg

-----
Got your question..
It looks like genetics and possibly cold temps. Those leaves will probably get green as they grow.
The first plant looks like it’s gonna turn purple.
^^ what they said. It’s that or mold :rofl:
Seriously, the first time one of mine did that I was :nervous-guy: but it turned out good.
Looks unusual though.
She’ll be right.

It looks like genetics and possibly cold temps. Those leaves will probably get green as they grow.
The first plant looks like it’s gonna turn purple.
Got your question..

^^ what they said. It’s that or mold :rofl:
Seriously, the first time one of mine did that I was :nervous-guy: but it turned out good.
Looks unusual though.
She’ll be right.

Just looks like a purple plant starting to color up. Should be a looker.

Very cool! I love different colors in strains. I can't wait to see what yours looks like. I'm hoping to grow a few purple plants next run. They are looking good! :thumb:

Thanks for the feedback and thank you all for giving some soothing wisdom to my curiosity :)

Looking forward to seeing if it will continue to go more purple, let us hope so! Happy to see some genetic differences between the two ladies. Even brilliant to see that since I'm aiming to nab some cuttings from both of them.

Time for photo-update AND an interesting question!

Please see this first photo, and how the middle of the new growth has a slight "rost" color.
Can any of you identify it? Anything in need of adjusting?

20200203_hera_00_top.jpg

Other than that, it looks good:

20200203_hera_01.jpg

20200203_hera_02.jpg

-----

Hey @GardeningGnome ,

Great job! Things are progressing well here! And I love all four strains you mention in the title.

What strain is Hera?

Are you planning on doing anymore LST or HST with Hera?

I'm interested in watching the progression of this plant; and if you have some extra time, will you please take some close ups of the top of Hera and its purple stems.

20200203_hera_00_top.png

Also, when you water - do you water to runoff? I noticed in the last picture that your pot is sitting directly in the drip tray without a pot riser.

Oh snap!

Then I salute you once more. Just to be sure I'm on your good side. :)
I've grown in coco since last year, but this is the first grow in coco that I'm taking names and kicking ass. Nothing left to chance and all problems/issues addressed. Already gotten a tremendous amount of support, encouragement, feedback, and advice from others following my grow. Again, amazed by this community...

Hope you can give a needing fella some input when needed... (Wait... that sounded dirty.... You know what I mean.... )

Perhaps I should take the opportunity and ask you about something now @Preston9mm :
It is regarding feeding for the Jack Herer that sprouted the first pair of real leaves only three days ago.

Jack is standing in coco and perlite. I've given it foliar-feed with Formulex several times a day, kept the humidity high and been very sparse with feeding it, only small amounts of nutrition (Formulex) at 1/4 strength. I have a "root stimulator" (GreenFuse Root) that is made for early stages and design to work well with Formulex. Both nutrients come from Growth Technologies. Now my question comes; Should I go for a good soak of the Jack today, adding the root stimulator? Or should I keep foliar-feeding it, and let the roots fight and grow to seek out nutrients? What is your experience for early stages?

And; @shottafire @candycane @GIjose @Modest grower @Killerbudz @DonkeyDick @bluenoserjoe @MrSauga , why do you think?

A penny for
so the best way I can describe what that root stimulator does is that imagine that you have asthma. when your asthma is acting up you need an inhaler to open up your bronchial areas. What that root stimulator does and is open up those roots to absorb the nutrients it needs very quickly. After the third node I introduce my root stimulant to my plants. during the times that you are going to up your newts I would not use the root stimulator. This is just my opinion based on my experience. You can check my Grow listed in my signature under GIJOSE GROW.

Hello everyone!

Had a day with some terrible news about my economical situation.....
So I decided to put some effort into getting the veg room into tiptop shape.

20200204_02.jpg

20200204_03.png

20200204_01.jpg

Last picture is taken from the angle of the tilted LED. Getting deep and good into inner growth!
No heat so it can be close and I've removed the plastic bulb around it to give it better directional light.
Same sort of light can be seen on the left side of the picture.

(Noticed that my Mars Hydro LED hanging overhead isn't showing in any of the photos. Thanks for noticing @shottafire ! It is providing them with the main source of light. The smaller bulbs are only for additional light and in the back-left is a focused light for the Jack Herer seedling.)

And, another bit of bad news today was that I found quite a lot of the Sciaridae in three of the house plants.
Also found two of them flying around in the grow area. Luckily I had saved some of the nematodes which were distributed into all the ladies and to the needed house plants. The affected house plants have been separated from the rest of the apartment. If the second dose of nematodes does not win the battle I've ordered Liquid Oxygen (hydrogen peroxide) and Liquid Silicon (calcium silicate solution) today. The hydrogen peroxide should kick the sh*t outa them and the liquid silicon will be the kiss of death for the pesky buggers. I'll go hard with both rather killing the house plants than never eradicating the pest if needed.

I'll end on three good notes:
* The Jack Herer is starting to really show its second pair of real leaves.
* I've ordered a bunch of Root Riot cubes for the upcoming cloning. Determined to have the best grow I've ever had, with healthy clones no matter what.
* The first of the last seeds planted are showing!! It is a Critical, and it brings a smile to my otherwise grim day.

Give me some luv you guys and gals, will ya?

Good timing @GIjose ! Just added some photos and an update.

Hope all is well with you!!!

Hello everyone!

Had a day with some terrible news about my economical situation.....
So I decided to put some effort into getting the veg room into tiptop shape.

20200204_02.jpg

20200204_03.png

20200204_01.jpg

Last picture is taken from the angle of the tilted LED. Getting deep and good into inner growth!
No heat so it can be close and I've removed the plastic bulb around it to give it better directional light.
Same sort of light can be seen on the left side of the picture.

And, another bit of bad news today was that I found quite a lot of the Sciaridae in three of the house plants.
Also found two of them flying around in the grow area. Luckily I had saved some of the nematodes which were distributed into all the ladies and to the needed house plants. The affected house plants have been separated from the rest of the apartment. If the second dose of nematodes does not win the battle I've ordered Liquid Oxygen (hydrogen peroxide) and Liquid Silicon (calcium silicate solution) today. The hydrogen peroxide should kick the sh*t outa them and the liquid silicon will be the kiss of death for the pesky buggers. I'll go hard with both rather killing the house plants than never eradicating the pest if needed.

I'll end on three good notes:
* The Jack Herer is starting to really show its second pair of real leaves.
* I've ordered a bunch of Root Riot cubes for the upcoming cloning. Determined to have the best grow I've ever had, with healthy clones no matter what.
* The first of the last seeds planted are showing!! It is a Critical, and it brings a smile to my otherwise grim day.

Give me some luv you guys and gals, will ya?
Are they dry? They look a little droopy.

Hey GG! Looking good so far. I would see if you can get a few cheap led strip lights from a home improvement store maybe. That veg area needs more uniform light.

Hi!!
Above them (not showing in the photo) is a Mars Hydro LED. That is giving them all the uniform light needed. Should have included that in the photo...

The additional small LED bulbs are hanging around them are only bonuses.

Are they dry? They look a little droopy.

Yeah, I'm not sure why. Dry, they are not at least... Could be a few factors, today. But to be honest, they have been a bit droopy (not as much as this) the last couple of days. Otherwise they are fine, good healthy leaves and color plus vigor in new growth. Might it be time to add some MagCal to the feed next time perhaps?

I've been moving them around a bit today while rearranging the grow space plus given them the nematodes with only water (the other "normal" feed was this morning). The room have been colder than normal as well. So colder climate plus a dose of only water with nematodes could be the reason for some extra droop. However, as I mentioned, they have been a bit "tight" in the formation. Leaves are still very strong and bouncy... Ideas? The MagCal? Or cut back to one feed per day again?

The leaves appear very nice on the plants. I have no experience of indoor growing, but notice on other indoor pics that indoor leaves often curl down a little, but they look lush so must be fairly happy. It's a bugger about the Sciaridae, hopefully they're not in plague proportions. I occasionally find a leaf hopper on my plants but so far only the odd solitary one. All the best. :smokin:

Yeah, I'm not sure why. Dry, they are not at least... Could be a few factors, today. But to be honest, they have been a bit droopy (not as much as this) the last couple of days. Otherwise they are fine, good healthy leaves and color plus vigor in new growth. Might it be time to add some MagCal to the feed next time perhaps?

I've been moving them around a bit today while rearranging the grow space plus given them the nematodes with only water (the other "normal" feed was this morning). The room have been colder than normal as well. So colder climate plus a dose of only water with nematodes could be the reason for some extra droop. However, as I mentioned, they have been a bit "tight" in the formation. Leaves are still very strong and bouncy... Ideas? The MagCal? Or cut back to one feed per day again?
It’s the cold. And only one feed per day bro. Until they have a serious root mass will you need to feed multiples per day.

It’s the cold. And only one feed per day bro. Until they have a serious root mass will you need to feed multiples per day.
Thanks a million for the reply shotta! You have eased my mind on this matter.

Will up the temperature and cut back to feeding them once only in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom