Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcome

Re: Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcom

Subbing up. Did you DIY that light?

Nah. to be honest with my PTSD i would go bat shit crazy and break things if i had to try and source and then assemble a light. I could do it for sure, the savings in cost just isn't worth it to me.

Its a timber

I ate Bologna and ramen a couple months to suck up the extra pay out.

Gauge

Re: Gauge Steel's House Warming Party - Cookies & Kush With Hydro Downstairs - Welcom

Hello Gauge, exciting time in this room .
Looks like I'm in on time

Sitting here waiting for my Chunk pearlite to show. gonna drill some holes in some bucket and replant my Cindy99 in a new osmocote+ mix i got from Master Tead!

Doing a couple new things this grow. Hempy, Autos from Mephisto Genetics and SCROG of the Cindy in my box.

Just being patient and letting this grow come to me you know?

I don't even remember when i planted the Cindy. I figure she will be ready to flip when she starts to flower and will be ready to harvest when she is showing the tricks i want so why get all numbery' this time around.

Gauge

Well Cindy has really started showing some really interesting characteristics. Going to transplant and feed 2 part chem based nutes. I have a feeling about this one. She had a weird set of first leaves. A little necrosis between the tip and base in both sides. These beans were really reluctant to crack all the way so I attribute them to damage but who knows.
Hope it does not stunt growth or suntin'.
00d71e1ed33a41ce97364425cbea8671.jpg
66f5f66bb59753209e8eb4e47bfff4a4.jpg
3075027d4c951c09331bfd2b30128409.jpg

Well Cindy has really started showing some really interesting characteristics. Going to transplant and feed 2 part chem based nutes. I have a feeling about this one. She had a weird set of first leaves. A little necrosis between the tip and base in both sides. These beans were really reluctant to crack all the way so I attribute them to damage but who knows.
Hope it does not stunt growth or suntin'.

Hmm..Wonder if it might be strain related. Both of my C99 plants are slow and somewhat odd starters. The second one I planted is finally showing some good growth, though.

Let me know what you think of the white buckets as your grow continues. They were my first choice for easy of buying and aesthetics, but I was worried about light leak.

Looking great and the new room setup is so nice!

Let me know what you think of the white buckets as your grow continues. They were my first choice for easy of buying and aesthetics, but I was worried about light leak.

Looking great and the new room setup is so nice!

My buckets are are painted black below the rim. Good looking out! Nice to know you got my back Lady A.

Gauge

Nice to know you got my back Lady A.

Gauge

Always, my man :high-five:

Ok we got beans sprouting! Mephisto ManBearAlienPig. Autos that are supposed to finish around 65-80 days. Should be interesting. Some pics of whats going on. Cindy is thriving doing well. I haven't watered since the 20th. I am trying to get her to drive her roots straight down for that water.
Going to plant the seedlings soon.

Gauge

Its just a simple hydro system. The pearlite sits on top of 2-3 inches of nutes/water solution. Just water every 2-3 days until you flush the old solution out of a hole drilled 2-3 inches from the bottom and new solution replaces the old.
No pumps, no air stones, drip rings just a bucket and pearlite. The plant will set roots down into the water space but have enough O2 within the pearlite.
Tead Teaches Hempy
Yup
Gauge

You're off to a great start! :blushsmile:

Loving the chunky perlite you're using. I'll bet it has less chance of clogging the hole than the smaller kind in my buckets. Noticed your marking for the res capacity - what method did you use to determine how much nute solution it holds?

You're off to a great start! :blushsmile:

Loving the chunky perlite you're using. I'll bet it has less chance of clogging the hole than the smaller kind in my buckets. Noticed your marking for the res capacity - what method did you use to determine how much nute solution it holds?

I filled my white bucket with two liters of water and the amount came up to about two inches for the 5 gallon and about 3.5 for the 3 gallon. I could see the water line in the kitchen lighting. The 5 gallon was perfect so i drilled a 7/16th hole at 2".

I reduced the amount in the 3 gallon to 2" and measured the amount of water and it just happened to be a smidge more than 1.5 liters. I figure those numbers are easy to remember and if i over flow a couple ML's no issues.

The pearlite is from Mothers Garden i think its the #3 size 1/2 average they say.

Cant wait to see how the oil turns out. Have you tried any of the oil yet? Ingested or smoked?

Gauge

No real change to report. Seeds are in the peat plugs. Fingers crossed. Temp near the cups are in the low 80's with humidity near 70%. Im sure i can give them a better environment to grow.

Cindy is just chuggin along. Stacking leaf's like crazy without too much vertical growth. I suspect she is going to be a squatty bushy girl. We will see. I watered last nigh with 2/3rds of the solution being poured within a 2inch diameter around the peat plug and the last third within 5 inch circle.
Trying to promote root growth to the bottom and the herringbone roots off the main "tap" to reach out. As she starts to relly stretsch i will know she has reached the reservoir and then i will spread the solution over the entire bucket.
My solution Consisted of:

Tap water
2.5 mls of RXGreen Grow A&B per gallon
2mls of Cal Mag+

Cal Mag is new to me however, my experience with my Blurple light last grow has me edgie and i am going to see what using 2mls a feeding does this grow

Been shitty Hot here. Its Africa hot here. I guess i will finish a fly rod i have been working on for a dear friend.
I will not go outside and weeding my flower beds in 100 degree heat.
If i don't stay busy, I get the blues because im not working which makes life difficult for me sometimes.
I used to teach, mentor and ensure the health and welfare for 45-120 men depending on which unit i was assigned to lead. I took two groups of these men to combat Iraq and Afghanistan. Fought along side them and made some great relationships .
Then I retired. and...................................................................................................................................................................emptiness
Im lucky that i have found you all to keep me upbeat, happy and driven. I have goals and purpose now. I hope you dont think that i am winning because i am not, i am good to go for the rest of my life however, the only way i can think express my heart felt gratitude is to explain who i am and where i have come from and how important growing and this community is too me.

Love ya all.:thanks:

Gauge

I totally understand and agree with you Gauge. The grow itself is very therapeutic, but we tend to keep to ourselves about it in the outside world. Here, we are family, and share our losses and our triumphs, come to each others rescues, and enjoy the meandering conversations that friends enjoy!
:peacetwo:

I feel that emptiness too.. have no friends but i dont like to be around people. Its awkward and im glad i have all you guys to talk to whenever im feeling up to it. Theres no pressure or stress for me here, its really nice to be around you all. I love being here and talking to all of you, it definitely makes my day better. That is quite the story gauge, thank you for sharing.. thank you for your service as well. We are glad you are here, you definitely add to the 'ambiance' of the community here and make it a fun place for us. Love watching different growing methods and ive never seen this type of grow yet so thats neat as well!

I feel that emptiness too.. have no friends but i dont like to be around people. Its awkward and im glad i have all you guys to talk to whenever im feeling up to it. Theres no pressure or stress for me here, its really nice to be around you all. I love being here and talking to all of you, it definitely makes my day better. That is quite the story gauge, thank you for sharing.. thank you for your service as well. We are glad you are here, you definitely add to the 'ambiance' of the community here and make it a fun place for us. Love watching different growing methods and ive never seen this type of grow yet so thats neat as well!

I have been told that I can be very direct. Just want to tell you all its my nature and not my heart. After 20 years of preparing for and fighting wars we soldiers come back a little different. Not a lot of time for chit chat and my units were all men and we busted on each otherto break the tension and have fun.
If i have offended you please use the PM and lets talk. I just want to grow weed and sit on my back porch and watch my birds drink coffee smoke my efforts and chit chat with ya all.
Gauge

Holyshit, you sound like me!

Back
Top Bottom