GDB: A Sponsored Grow

Thanks @smokesbetter.

I'm trying to do better getting the smoke reports done. They have been running a little late due to having to smoke before I report! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

The Chiquita Banana came down today. It was her 80th day post flip after 64 days of veg. She finished on 5.5g per gallon of MegaCrop + 4ml Terpinator.

Here she is in her final pose, all de-fanned and ready for the chop and wash.
MC-CB stripped for chop 8-5-21.JPG

The semi-traditional front door pic.
MC-CB end front door 8-5-21.JPG

All washed up and ready to be dried. That's my larf plate on the right. I'll use that for test-bud puffing in the coming weeks.
MC CB end 8-5-21 D64+80.jpg

I mentioned earlier in this journal that these plants were plotting to be ready at the same time and they came close to accomplishing it.

In any event, I have no empty Mason jars on hand, so they can't be jarred and put in the fridge. No matter, because I have no fridge space either. :Rasta:

But I left the branches on with this trim because what I do have now is an empty tent!

It's not a luxury I have afforded myself before, so for the first time I'll get to hang some plants to dry! (I do have one of those tiered mesh things in a closet, but using that is not really hanging the plant but laying it down.)

For no particular reason, I'm excited to see one of my plants hanging for once.

I'll post a pic when I get them up.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello again growers.

As promised, here's a pic of the hanging plant.
MC-CB hanging 8-5-21.jpg

Now that I've hung them, I'm not sure what I was so excited about. :Rasta:

Peace.

Hello again growers.

As promised, here's a pic of the hanging plant.
MC-CB hanging 8-5-21.jpg

Now that I've hung them, I'm not sure what I was so excited about. :Rasta:

Peace.
Congratulations on having space to hang your plants:laugh:.. I'm pretty jealous really. That is a luxury alot of us can't have :(
Beast of a plant though mate.. nice work..
Is the smell developing in the tent?

Congratulations on having space to hang your plants:laugh:.. I'm pretty jealous really. That is a luxury alot of us can't have :(
Beast of a plant though mate.. nice work..
Is the smell developing in the tent?
Thanks Squiggle.

I just got her in there so no smell yet.

A few weeks back she smelled just like a banana but that aroma has since faded away. It'll be interesting to find out what the "new" smell will be.

Thanks for looking in!

Nice takedown. I bet those tester buds will go down just fine. They look delish.
Thanks, Nev.

I love those little popcorn buds! They don't take long to dry or even get started curing and they seem to pack a wallop!

Probably 3 days in the mesh thingy and then another week jarred and I'll have a taste. :Rasta:

Congrats on a great harvest, and your first hang dry!
Around day 3, they'll start to smell like a freshly mowed lawn- don't worry, that goes away by day 5...

What was that about 5' man she looks big against the door ! Good looking Bud too. You not doin a winter grow?
Thanks Smoke.

She would have easily reached 5 feet had I not supercropped her tops, and she almost got there despite the cropping. This one and the GOG were a little out of my comfort zone. They were too tall and difficult to handle. However, with @Weed Seeds Express genetics it might be difficult to grow the short fatties that I like!

I grow all year round. I just do a piss-poor job of planning and logistics. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but I've got another grow going now. You can see it here.

And my 2x2 tent now sits idle, so I'm about to start a single autoflower in there.

Thanks for looking in. :Rasta:

Congrats on the harvests GDB! :bravo:

What ya gonna grow? :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm not going to say right now, because I only have one seed of what I want to grow. I don't want to have to explain why I didn't grow it if I can't get it to germinate. :Rasta:

I'm going to stop announcing strains until I have a seedling out of the dirt. Makes things so much simpler.

I'm going to stop announcing strains until I have a seedling out of the dirt. Makes things so much simpler.
That's what I should do, too...as you may know, I've occasionally killed one...or four... in a row... :oops:

That's what I should do, too...as you may know, I've occasionally killed one...or four... in a row... :oops:
Sounds familiar. I last went through ten seeds to get five plants. :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

The day before yesterday I took down the hanging Chiquita Banana and trimmed/jarred her up. I didn't weigh her but she filled up a good-sized snack bowl and yielded nearly 4.5 Maon jars (32 oz), so about 4 ounces.
MC-CB end 8-10-21 trimmed.jpg

By the time I trimmed her, odors were returning. A friend who was visiting at the time said it "stinks." I'd have to agree with him, it was quite odiferous!

With that, all of the plants from this sponsored grow have been cut and jarred.

The @Weed Seeds Express genetics have impressed thus far. I got two phenos of the Chiquita Banana. One of them was quite tall (nearly 5 ft) and the other squat (around 3 feet). Their Godfather OG also grew to nearly 5 feet.

My namesake strain, the Grand Daddy Black reached slightly over 4 feet in height.

I haven't tested any of the plants yet but the day is nearing. Both the Geoflora-fed Chiquita Banana and the Granddaddy Black are nearly ready to come out of the fridge so soon I'll sample a few "raw" test buds.

Thanks to @Weed Seeds Express for the opportunity to showcase their stuff!

And a big thanks to @Mars Hydro for the TS3000! It's a beast of a light that I never I had to turn up to full blast!

And thanks to all of you who followed along or even just peeked in on this grow. It was a joy having you.

I will try to get the smoke reports out in a timely fashion. I'm anxious to see if there's a different taste between the C Banana plants, one fed MegaCrop and the other GeoFlora Nutrients. I think they will both be tasty but I suspect there will be a difference.

That's it for this journal. It's been fun.

Peace.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom