GDB: A Sponsored Grow

Cool seeing the godfather og run. Peaked my interest a few years ago with the 38 to 42 percent thc ratio.
I’m trying to grow some of those now for that reason with the highest thc available. Can’t wait to smoke some this fall.

Hello growers.

The GeoFLora-fed C Banana had to come down yesterday. She was being consumed by spider mites. Those bastards really out-maneuvered me this time around. I thought I had 'em once I hit them with the Doktor Doom spray. I didn't see any for the next few days and in the days that followed that I only saw a few. I continued watering with SNS 209 and dropped my guard.

When I took a close look at her yesterday I realized that the bugs had hunkered down somewhere and planned a counter-offensive. All of a sudden they were back in greater numbers than before.

Luckily the plant was ready so I immediately took her down. I prepped a bucket of washing solution, cut the branches from the plant and immediately dumped them in the bucket of solution, intending to trim them after the bugs were eradicated. It was a rush job due to being short on time.

She was a smallish plant so there wasn't a lot to do.

After the wash:
GF-CB end 2.jpg

Partial trim:
GF-CB end 3.jpg

Into the Lazy-man trimmer:
GF-CB end 4.jpg

After the Lazy-man, cute little budlets:
GF-CB end 1.jpg

The entire take fit into 2 mason jars and 1 lunch bag for drying in the fridge. I got the entire takedown, wash and trim done in about and hour and 40 minutes.

Oddly enough, I remain optimistic about her. I still think I'm in for a treat!

Peace.

Hello again.

Unlike her little sister, the MegaCrop fed @Weed Seeds Express C Banana is rather large. (over 4.5 feet tall) and full of goodies. She's nearly done, too. I'm guessing in about another 10 days or so she will be coming down. She's on day 60 post-flip.

MC-CB 7-16-21 D64+60.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

I thought some of you might be interested in this news article.

Enjoy your weekends!

Peace.

Hello growers. Let me compose myself before I begin. (deep breath, deep breath).

I really do wish I could change my narrative. I feel like a broken record. I feel like a character in "Groundhog Day." I feel just like I've felt before.

But enough about my feelings, the dreaded spider mites are back in the tent seeking to do more damage to my remaining trio.

I had been using SNS 209 in their feedings for the past 2 weeks and had done the occasional 209 foliar spray. All to no avail.

They hit the Grand Daddy Black the hardest, to the point where I decided to take her down immediately. She was pretty much ready anyway. So on yesterday I filled a 5 gallon bucket with water, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice. I cut the branches from the plant and immediately dunked them all into the bucket. I then washed her real good, cleaned her up, ran her through the lazy-man trimmer, jarred her up and put her in the fridge. I wasn't really feeling like taking pics so this is the only one I got:

Grand Daddy Black end 7-21-21 D64+65.jpg

They're also marauding on the Godfather OG, but she's not ready to come down yet - not even close.

They're on the C Banana as well, but to a much lesser extent than the GOG. (The CB is nearly ready as well.)

This morning I turned off the fans, delayed lights-on for an hour and sprayed both plants thoroughly with Doktor Doom spider mite killer. Here's how they look this morning (GOG on the right):

Tent 7-22-21 D64+66.jpg

These are some nasty bugs. From Wikipedia:

Under optimal conditions (approximately 27 °C), the two-spotted spider mite can hatch in as little as 3 days, and become sexually mature in as little as 5 days. One female can lay up to 20 eggs per day and can live for 2 to 4 weeks, laying hundreds of eggs. This accelerated reproductive rate allows spider mite populations to adapt quickly to resist pesticides, so chemical control methods can become somewhat ineffectual when the same pesticide is used over a prolonged period.[3]

Spider mites, like hymenopterans and some scale insects, are arrhenotochous: females are diploid and males are haploid.[4] When mated, females avoid the fecundation of some eggs to produce males. Fertilized eggs produce diploid females. Unmated, unfertilized females still lay eggs that originate exclusively haploid males.

I'm doing a lot to battle these things, but they are winning. It's becoming quite disheartening (cue violins).

Peace.

@Sierra Natural Science can you look at what I've been going through and perhaps provide me with some guidance!

Congrats on the harvest (glad it was ready to come down), but such a pain in the ass about the mites. :(

SNS 209 is a completely different concentration than their mite killing spray (217c), even though 209 says:
"209 repels and kills spider mites, broad mites, russet mites"

The active ingredient in 209 is:
Rosemary………………………………10.23%
and the recommended ratio is:
Foliar Spray: Mix 1oz. per gallon of water

The active ingredient in their 217c spider mite killer is:
Rosemary………………………………10.00% [basically the same]
but their recommended ratio is:
Mix 21 oz. of concentrate per gallon of water. For best results use warm (70 degrees F) Distilled or “Chlorine Free” water.

That's 21x more potent in the final spray than the 209 when mixed to directions.

:hmmmm:

Congrats on the harvest (glad it was ready to come down), but such a pain in the ass about the mites. :(

SNS 209 is a completely different concentration than their mite killing spray (217c), even though 209 says:
"209 repels and kills spider mites, broad mites, russet mites"

The active ingredient in 209 is:
Rosemary………………………………10.23%
and the recommended ratio is:
Foliar Spray: Mix 1oz. per gallon of water

The active ingredient in their 217c spider mite killer is:
Rosemary………………………………10.00% [basically the same]
but their recommended ratio is:
Mix 21 oz. of concentrate per gallon of water. For best results use warm (70 degrees F) Distilled or “Chlorine Free” water.

That's 21x more potent in the final spray than the 209 when mixed to directions.

:hmmmm:
Thanks. I wasn't even aware of this "217c" blend.

Sorry you're having to deal with those little fu#kers (again)
You should have some 217c from the Motm contest, or maybe it hasn't arrived yet?

Damn. Guess it would help to open the box! Just because I know what's in it doesn't mean I know what's in it.
Thanks for pointing that out Mr.C. The Benz Diesel was telling me to order some!

I also looked through my supplies and found a bottle of 217c ready to use spray. As I said before, I'm bugging out! :straightface:

You know those mite aren't there for no visit , when they come they mean to stay!! Good looking harvest hope you get them bastards out the door ! :passitleft:
They weren't even invited for a damn visit and now they're trying to invoke squatter's rights!

This is war. :lot-o-toke:

Congrats on the harvest GDB. More importantly though, is the fact the Temple is set to reopen temporarily to the public next year. Albeit reduced hours, but still. :party:
Thanks, MrS.

Will you be going to see the Wizard?

Back
Top Bottom