GDB Does Tangerine Dream Fems

It can be genetic, too much N, too cold, too windy... as long as she goes on growing it’s really not a problem. I have to ask though, have you seen any run off? With that amount of water, you’re probably not getting run off. That means what ever nutrients she’s not completely depleting between watering is building up. If I were you, I’d flush her with a couple gallons of water. Followed by a gallon of 4g/gal MC.

Emilya pretty much summed it up.

What's your pH like?
Skipeye, I haven't measured PH since I started using Mega Crop. No problems so far, until maybe now?

I'm not sure what you mean by wrinkles. Do you mean the small leaves on top that are curled under and down? That can be genetic.

The fan leaves look okay to me (I'm assuming that the paleness between the veins is the lighting).
Yeah, the colors are fine Shed. I hope it's genetic! :Rasta:

It is classic... you are watering all wrong. Not only are you not letting the bottom of the container and the big feeder roots down there dry out between waterings, but you are also trying to guess for the plant how much water to give every two days as you keep adding to the water table. What you see here is the bottom roots beginning to shut down.
Please switch to the lift method to determine when to water, and when you do, saturate the soil to the point of runoff.
Thanks, Emilya! I will surely give that a shot. I've tried to water properly, using about a 6-8 inch perimeter around the plant since I up-potted it. But it could well be that I didn't give it enough time to dry out before re-watering. I'm lousy at the lift method until I've fully watered a pot, just can't gauge the weight differences. Once I fully water and feel the weight of a soaked pot, I do a little better.

I love this possible solution because it doesn't require me to do anything but wait! :Rasta:

@MrSauga maybe can help.

I know over watering can shrivel growth up like that. Its hard to overfeed with MC. Also if you're using 3.5grams the pH should be around 6.5. I've only had pH issues a few times when I used 1 or 2 grams but after that it seems to always pH the water itself. wish I could help more.

The other ones look great btw!

Edit: the fan leaves look sharp. Nice and rigid details.
Hey, Havoc! I appreciate any feedback. Hope you are doing well. :Rasta:

Thanks, Emilya! I will surely give that a shot. I've tried to water properly, using about a 6-8 inch perimeter around the plant since I up-potted it. But it could well be that I didn't give it enough time to dry out before re-watering. I'm lousy at the lift method until I've fully watered a pot, just can't gauge the weight differences. Once I fully water and feel the weight of a soaked pot, I do a little better.

I love this possible solution because it doesn't require me to do anything but wait! :Rasta:
Because your lower roots have gone into the protection mode to survive being underwater so long, it is going to take a little bit extra time this first time for the plant to use all the water that has been accumulating at the bottom of the container. Be patient and give her time to drain that down there, but dont let her go more than 3 days without a little bit of a watering up on the top set of roots that exist along the top surface down to about 3 inches deep. Don't give a lot of water/mc on this mini watering, because you want everything you give to immediately be sucked into the top spreader roots and not sink down to add to the problem, the water table sitting down below. Depending on how deep that lake is down there, I suspect it will take 5-7 days to get her ready for a proper watering, and then each time you run through a wet/dry cycle that time between waterings is going to get shorter and shorter and hopefully before bloom you can settle in on a 3 day cycle.

Skipeye, I haven't measured PH since I started using Mega Crop. No problems so far, until maybe now?

Lots of people have lots of opinions on pH. While it shouldn't be a problem when you're using megacrop, it doesn't hurt to check it. Mine was way outta wack even when using megacrop because my water and pipes are TERRIBLE.

Outside of that, you should definitely follow the "soak - run-off - wait for pots to get light again" approach to watering. It really helps with the over/under-watering issue.

Everything is looking good though! :)

Hello, growers.

Quick update on the grow.

Downside first.

The Strawberry Cheesecake has stalled. I haven't watered her in 4 days but the leaves have not changed shape. And she ain't doing nothing. She looks healthy otherwise but there has been no growth, no nothing. I'll give her another week or so and if there's no improvement she will be history. I won't even bother to post a pic of her.

Upside:

I've really cut back on watering the new plants, because I think I was overdoing it a bit. The plants seem to agree. They look happy.

I'm thinking of up-potting the baby Stardawg to a 5 gallon pot before I water her again. She's the little one in the middle, flanked by the Tangies.

P1030029.JPG

If things go as scheduled, my second tent (2.5 x 2.5) will arrive tomorrow. I'm pumped about that! So pumped, in fact, that I bought a Mars Hydro TS 1000 to go with it. From my reading, it should be a perfect fit. It's been shipped but I don't have a delivery date yet.

My area in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US has been designated as a likely next hot spot for the virus. I am fortunate to have something new to keep me occupied and make extended time in the house much more bearable.

I hope for the best for you all. :Rasta:

The Strawberry Cheesecake has stalled. I haven't watered her in 4 days but the leaves have not changed shape. And she ain't doing nothing. She looks healthy otherwise but there has been no growth, no nothing. I'll give her another week or so and if there's no improvement she will be history. I won't even bother to post a pic of her.
She is not allowed to stall. Have none of that nonsense. She is simply trying to slow down because her lower roots were seeing damage, but knock her out of this funk, now.
Yes, she may still need some extra time to use the water sitting in the bottom, but you can wake her back up with a light partial watering of just the top set of spreader roots. Give her a cup or so of good water/nutrient, trying to soak it in just as far as 3-4 inches deep. Don't let your plants go more than 3 days without at least a little sip from the top. Stalling is not an option, no matter how persnickety she may be.

She is not allowed to stall. Have none of that nonsense. She is simply trying to slow down because her lower roots were seeing damage, but knock her out of this funk, now.
Yes, she may still need some extra time to use the water sitting in the bottom, but you can wake her back up with a light partial watering of just the top set of spreader roots. Give her a cup or so of good water/nutrient, trying to soak it in just as far as 3-4 inches deep. Don't let your plants go more than 3 days without at least a little sip from the top. Stalling is not an option, no matter how persnickety she may be.
Okay, Ms. Em! I wish you could come over and give her a good talking to. :Rasta:

Hello growers.

Quick update on my problem child, the Strawberry Cheesecake auto. She is 40 days old and looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, a scrawny lit scrap of a plant.

I last watered her on 4/3 by topping her with 1L at MC 3.5. This morning (4/11) I topped her again with 400ML at MC 4.

Next time I water her it will be until runoff.

I have been tempted to toss this plant, but now curiosity has taken hold and I want to see how this ends.

Here she is (try not to laugh):

P1030040.JPG

UPS deliveries are lagging due to the virus so my new tent and light have yet to arrive. I hope to get them sometime this week but can't be certain.

In anticipation of their arrival I dropped 3 more auto seeds 2 days ago. I'll christen the new tent by finishing up my two existing auto in there (Stardawg and the aforementioned problem child). And I will add a Blue Dream'atic, a Californian Snow and a Caramel Cream to the mix. All three have popped tap roots and will be placed in solo cups with FFOF today.

Hope everyone is doing well in these scary times.

Later.

Autos you need to keep growing fast. If they stall for any reason you’re screwed.
Yeah, I kinda' figured as much. And I didn't even get a kiss. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom