GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fingers are on fire want to know for my new geoflora and my dynomyco got to finish up this final grow I got about five more weeks of a fox farm and then no more mad scientists Stoner grower for me now my question is all right I'm going to be using Fox farm ocean forest for my soil and I want to add a ton of Pearl light and I'd also like that some worm castings are any of those going into a hot soil like ocean Forest going to have any effect on the geoflora should I leave any of those out

My fingers are on fire want to know for my new geoflora and my dynomyco got to finish up this final grow I got about five more weeks of a fox farm and then no more mad scientists Stoner grower for me now my question is all right I'm going to be using Fox farm ocean forest for my soil and I want to add a ton of Pearl light and I'd also like that some worm castings are any of those going into a hot soil like ocean Forest going to have any effect on the geoflora should I leave any of those out
First, throw away the notion that FFOF is a hot soil. It is a medium grade soil with a bit of extra organic material mixed in. It might be a little too rich to start seedlings in, but that is about it.

Don't add a ton of perlite. 20% is more than enough.

Worm castings are great. Either mix them in or create thin layers of them, but spread them out because they will decompose and go away, and you don't want voids to be created in your soil after they are gone.

GeoFlora is going to add to what is already there. Its raw nutrients and microbes will work very well in that environment, with the FFOF and the worm castings just adding to the goodness that will be available to the plants with the GeoFlora.

First, throw away the notion that FFOF is a hot soil. It is a medium grade soil with a bit of extra organic material mixed in. It might be a little too rich to start seedlings in, but that is about it.

Don't add a ton of perlite. 20% is more than enough.

Worm castings are great. Either mix them in or create thin layers of them, but spread them out because they will decompose and go away, and you don't want voids to be created in your soil after they are gone.

GeoFlora is going to add to what is already there. Its raw nutrients and microbes will work very well in that environment, with the FFOF and the worm castings just adding to the goodness that will be available to the plants with the GeoFlora.
Thanks em I am following yours and Bill's advice and I've got purpinator already and that's the only thing I'm going to use with it as hard as it is not to use all these other cool sounding things I'm just going to keep it basic and I'm finishing up my last fox farm girl now is it okay to put worm casings over the top on the top of the medium and then when I water it it filters its way down through

Thanks em I am following yours and Bill's advice and I've got purpinator already and that's the only thing I'm going to use with it as hard as it is not to use all these other cool sounding things I'm just going to keep it basic and I'm finishing up my last fox farm girl now is it okay to put worm casings over the top on the top of the medium and then when I water it it filters its way down through
Make sure you leave plenty of room up there then, because that is also where the GeoFlora granules go. I think its best to mix the WC in with the perlite, but that is simply the way I have done it for years without really knowing why. I used to have layers, one with WC mixed in, the next without. Its hard to go wrong with WC though, just don't make big regions of only that in your soil. Careful with the purpinator too... its not going to be appropriate during Veg, Terp yes, Purp no. lol

is it okay to put worm casings over the top on the top of the medium and then when I water it it filters its way down through
Yes, you can. I use fresh castings and I put a really thick layer on top, like an inch or so, and then cover that with a mulch layer because the fresh castings will dry out to a concrete type layer if I don't. That may not be an issue I you use castings from a bag, however.

I'm back! Time for an update on my very first grow ever using Geo Flora nutrients. I was doing a side by side comparison grow with the nutrients I generally use but being totally honest either Geo Flora is the most amazing nutrients in the world, my regular nutrients suck, or there was a good bit of difference in the genetics in the two plants the @GeoFlora Nutrients plant has far surpassed the other plant. So now it's just a Geo Flora auto flower grow for me.

Two things I am noticing which intrigue me. The other plant (not the Geo Flora) will finish at least a week earlier then the Geo Flora plant. It's buds have filled out more and it's terpenes are more pronounced. I am anticipating/hoping that the Geo Flora auto follows suit and finishes the same way. Right now it's a beautiful autoflower plant with good size and good flower production. I have been adding 20ml of Terpinator and 4ml of Cal-Mag per gallon at each feeding. I have been balancing the Ph to between 6.3 and 6.8 and that seems to be working nicely. My well water has a higher Ph in the summer months. Enough babbling, here is a photo of my Lecter auto taken this morning.

quick questions Im waiting for my last 2 girls to hurry up and bud (just like my wife and others of her kind, takes for ever to get ready) any way as soon as they are finished I am locking away my FF nutes and starting my Geo Flora phot grow I cannot wait I been planning this grow for months now I have quality lineage seeds straight from the lab 4 gro pro warrior air pruning pots about 70 quart of fox farm ocean forest 16 quarts of perlite worm casing am I missing anything? is there anything else anyone would recommend adding to my medium FFOF has a lot plant treats in it already this last grow was the first time I added work casings should I add anything else Like peat most or sea weed or the FFOF with perelite/worm poop enough if I am feeding them Geo flora

@Emilya I am constantly second-guessing everything, there have been times it has paid of but there are more sleepless night because of it. you have never led me astray so I am going to do my best to turn of my secondguessingness (did I just invent a word?) and follow your advice I have a lot invested in this grow not only monetary but mentally. and I could see my self overdoing it . every grow seems to get better and better so I need to quit trying to find that secret ingredient that produces the best pot ever,and stick to the basics and let time , practice and you guys' advice help me learn. So I am officially going with FF ocean forest only adding perlite and feed the geo flora. so Thank you for the advice and I am going to follow it
Thank you very much :thanks:

In time you will learn that each yellowing leaf is not a crisis and that some are the natural way that the plant moves resources around the plant. I have some not perfectly green leaves on my plants here and there, but usually I can tell that it is either the plant self pruning leaves that are not being productive or the plant reacting to something else, usually not the feeding cycle. Relax, keep calm and enjoy this process, and now that you are going organic, just top dress every 2 weeks and keep up with the watering... The plant and the microbes will take care of everything else.

quick questions Im waiting for my last 2 girls to hurry up and bud (just like my wife and others of her kind, takes for ever to get ready) any way as soon as they are finished I am locking away my FF nutes and starting my Geo Flora phot grow I cannot wait I been planning this grow for months now I have quality lineage seeds straight from the lab 4 gro pro warrior air pruning pots about 70 quart of fox farm ocean forest 16 quarts of perlite worm casing am I missing anything? is there anything else anyone would recommend adding to my medium FFOF has a lot plant treats in it already this last grow was the first time I added work casings should I add anything else Like peat most or sea weed or the FFOF with perelite/worm poop enough if I am feeding them Geo flora
Hey @Savvage61 I'm glad your finally using good nutrients.
FF. Soil is fine on its own.
Your feeding everything they need so your soil doesn't have to be loaded with nutrients.
Trust that soil to grow roots, trust your nutrients to feed those roots.:thumb:
Hope you are well Buddy.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I'm getting ready to start a new grow here in a month or so and want to get started mixing up my Pro-Mix, Earth Alive, and DYNOMYCO. I will be adding some perlite to my Pro-Mix making 15 gallons of medium. How much Earth Alive and DYNOMYCO should I mix in to the 15 gallons? And when I'm ready to start will I be mixing in 1.5 cups of Geo Flora Veg to the 15 gallons?

My first grow using the Geo Flora continues with an auto flower strain called Lecter. This plant is 73 days post sprout and continues to flourish and pack on weight. Any concerns I had about using Geo Flora with autos have disappeared and now I have to grow another auto to see if the results are similar. Here is my Lecter in photos taken yesterday.

I just got my precious little baby girls into their 5gal pot. So excited to finally start using my Geo flora so I transplanted them put a 1/2 cup Layer of Geo Flora Veg took pics handed out blunts so Proud to be a happy pawpaw BNout a hour or two later I went to check on my little girls then I Unzipped the tent and got Knocked back about 10 feet THAT STUFF STINKS :cough: I MEAN GAG A MAGGOT STINK! thank God I have a carbon filterer or I would be dead right now. If i had made the house smell like that my wife would have killed me lol. Please tell me it goes away ...Please lol

Im sure it most likely in here somewhere but my eyes would melt if I read that much, lol I know we stop feeding at week 12 well 10 what about flushing I know opinions on flushing is like Butt holes, everybody's got one lol what Does our friend at Geo Flora recommend ? that's the one that matters

ok thats what I was thinking, using fox farm oceans forest is organic living soil Geo flora makes it kinda super living soil Flushing living soil hurts more than helps by killing our precious microbes no end game flush just stop feeding after week 10. am I right?

ok thats what I was thinking, using fox farm oceans forest is organic living soil Geo flora makes it kinda super living soil Flushing living soil hurts more than helps by killing our precious microbes no end game flush just stop feeding after week 10. am I right?
Week 10 is ambiguous, it means different things to different length grows. Give your last feeding of Geoflora 2 weeks until the end. That feeding will last till the end, and a little more.

:nicethread:
Hola a todos! Hi @Emilya Green ! Hi @Azimuth !
Sorry, I have not had time to read this whole thread. 😬😬😬
(Way lotsa things to read mon, :reading420magazine: and it seems like more all the time!!)

I have two questions. Could someone please point me in the right direction?
With Subcool Supersoil (and other supersoils) you can hypothetically just add water, but first you must let the soil cook.
I have the components, but I need to mix them, and then let everything cook for a while.

So, while I do that, I also have some GeoFlora VEG and BLOOM.
It occurs to me that I could grow a whole round while my Subcool's is cooking...
So, is it possible to pre-load 5G SIP pots with all the GeoFlora they need for an indoor LED auto CBD grow?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to start another grow now if I can, but there is a definite possibility that I might need to take a trip--and if I need to take a trip, then I need something idiotproof (where all my helpers need to do is to add water to the fill-line).

So, is it possible to pre-load a 5G SIP with GeoFlora for a "water only" grow?
And if so, how does one do that?
And do you have to let it cook first? (Hahahaha!)
And if not, why not? (Hahahaha!)

Thank you all! :green_heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom