GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:nicethread:
Hola a todos! Hi @Emilya Green ! Hi @Azimuth !
Sorry, I have not had time to read this whole thread. 😬😬😬
(Way lotsa things to read mon, :reading420magazine: and it seems like more all the time!!)

I have two questions. Could someone please point me in the right direction?
With Subcool Supersoil (and other supersoils) you can hypothetically just add water, but first you must let the soil cook.
I have the components, but I need to mix them, and then let everything cook for a while.

So, while I do that, I also have some GeoFlora VEG and BLOOM.
It occurs to me that I could grow a whole round while my Subcool's is cooking...
So, is it possible to pre-load 5G SIP pots with all the GeoFlora they need for an indoor LED auto CBD grow?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to start another grow now if I can, but there is a definite possibility that I might need to take a trip--and if I need to take a trip, then I need something idiotproof (where all my helpers need to do is to add water to the fill-line).

So, is it possible to pre-load a 5G SIP with GeoFlora for a "water only" grow?
And if so, how does one do that?
And do you have to let it cook first? (Hahahaha!)
And if not, why not? (Hahahaha!)

Thank you all! :green_heart:
I don't think you can pre-load for an entire grow but, the GeoFlora is about as "idiot proof" as it's gonna get.

In a 5g container, you need 1/2 cup of GeoFlora every two weeks. In between, it's water only. You don't need to let anything "cook" because cooking soil is done to increase the microbial activity and give time for the microbes to break down the nutrients into forms that are ingestible by the plants. The GeoFlora has all the microbes you need "built-in" along with both quick and slow release nutrients, so no cooking is needed.

As long as your trip is less than two weeks, or your helpers can fill and disperse a 1/2 cup measuring cup full per plant every two weeks, you can travel all you want!

I don't think you can pre-load for an entire grow but, the GeoFlora is about as "idiot proof" as it's gonna get.

In a 5g container, you need 1/2 cup of GeoFlora every two weeks. In between, it's water only. You don't need to let anything "cook" because cooking soil is done to increase the microbial activity and the GeoFlora has all the microbes you need "built-in".
Ok, thanks, Mr. K!
That seems good to know.
I wondered what the purpose of the cooking was. (Now I know.)
As long as your trip is less than two weeks, or your helpers can fill and disperse a 1/2 cup measuring cup full per plant every two weeks, you can travel all you want!
Yeah.
Okay, thanks.
:thanks:

I agree with the above and I think that this would cause a problem. This isn't like cooked soil where all of the nutrients are locked in a form that's not available to the plants and that needs microbes to unlock this. In that case you can't overfeed the plants but by preloading soil with geoflora, you have to consider that part of the nutrients that come in with the every two week feeding are bioavailable at that point and putting too much in there at once could easily burn the plants.

Personally, I would run this run in a lesser soil using the geoflora to get a great organic grow. In the meantime, continue to cook the super soil and then on your next grow it will be ready to go. As far as being able to leave the girls and put things on automatic, let me know when you find a method that lets that work and that doesn't involve bringing in temporary helpers.

I agree with the above and I think that this would cause a problem. This isn't like cooked soil where all of the nutrients are locked in a form that's not available to the plants and that needs microbes to unlock this. In that case you can't overfeed the plants but by preloading soil with geoflora, you have to consider that part of the nutrients that come in with the every two week feeding are bioavailable at that point and putting too much in there at once could easily burn the plants.
Ahhhh... ok! That makes sense!
Thank, Emmie! It is always so nice to know why. :green_heart:
Personally, I would run this run in a lesser soil using the geoflora to get a great organic grow. In the meantime, continue to cook the super soil and then on your next grow it will be ready to go.
Yeah, ok. Good idea.
As far as being able to leave the girls and put things on automatic, let me know when you find a method that lets that work and that doesn't involve bringing in temporary helpers.
:rofl:
I have two capable helpers, but they would be going with me, if I go.
The reality is, if I go I will probably need to abandon the grow, so I might maybe should force myself to wait a little while, to see what happens, and make sure now is the right time to start. :(
But thanks, Em!

Geoflora says you can use their stuff even in coco which has nothing in the way of nutrients to offer a plant. It truly is an organic grow in a bag which doesn't need any of the inputs and ammendments one would normally have to add to a soil mix to have an organic grow.

You add the first round to the soil and let it sit for two weeks, not so much to let it cook but rather to give the microbes a chance to reactivate from their dormant state and begin feeding the inputs found in the granules to the plant. So, each feeding done two weeks apart brings in all the nutrients required for that stage of growth,  plus the microbes required to deliver them to the plant.

Doesn't get much easier than that. Plus, you can then skip all the inputs and amendments you would normally have to add to your soil since the Geoflora has all of them already.

Geoflora says you can use their stuff even in coco which has nothing in the way of nutrients to offer a plant. It truly is an organic grow in a bag which doesn't need any of the inputs and ammendments one would normally have to add to a soil mix to have an organic grow.

You add the first round to the soil and let it sit for two weeks, not so much to let it cook but rather to give the microbes a chance to reactivate from their dormant state and begin feeding the inputs found in the granules to the plant. So, each feeding done two weeks apart brings in all the nutrients required for that stage of growth,  plus the microbes required to deliver them to the plant.

Doesn't get much easier than that. Plus, you can then skip all the inputs and amendments you would normally have to add to your soil since the Geoflora has all of them already.
Thank you, Azi!

Thank you, everyone! I was finally able to read the whole thread. :reading420magazine: :popcorn:
Great thread!
May I please ask some noob GF questions?

I am in rural southern Colombia, so I can't always find everything.
I want to grow CBD medicinal autos indoors under LEDs in my "5 Gallon" GroBucket SIPs (that I think are actually more like 4 gallons of soil).
Here are my plentiful newbie questions (lightly edited):

1. For soil, I cannot get FFOF. However, I can get Roots Organic Soil (imported from the US). It incorporates lots of premium organic meals (kelp, feather, alfalfa, etc.). So, should it have enough 'nutes to power an auto through veg without adding GF? Or will I want to add some GF VEG regardless?
(Full disclosure: I was going to use diluted urine in lieu of VEG, to save on cost. Is that a bad idea?)

2. Is 20% the right amount of aeration (perlite in my case) for soil for a SIP?

3. I saw that GF says you can add worm castings (WC) and DynoMyco. I love WC. What is the most I should add? (10%?)
Also, if my biochar and zeolyte are sitting in WC, how much biochar and zeolyte do I add?

4. For DynoMyco, I will follow the label, but do I treat it like a 4G or a 5G? Also, @Emilya Green , please could you tell me what you recommend? Because I know you like to go heavy on DynoMyco.

5. Another question is, can I plant beans direct in Roots Organic soil? Or do I need to dig out a place to put planting soil? (Because I heard that you don't want to put anything with fertilizer right next to a bean...)
My SIP technique so far has been to mix the soil with DynoMyco and perlite and WC and whatever else goes in there, and then fill the container with soil mix, except for a "Solo cup's worth" in the top middle, in which I put planting mix.
Then I fill the rez a day or two in advance, and make sure the soil where I will put the seed is damp.
Then I normally soak the seeds overnight, and sow them direct. It doesn't really need watering, because the full res in the SIP makes the soil moist damp but not wet.
Then I mist verrry lightly until I see leaves--and then no more sprayer bottle. (I usually get a pretty good sprouting rate, unless I hurry or do something stupid.)
So, with a premium soil like Roots, do I want to scratch VEG into the soil? Or just wait and add BLOOM once stretch is ending, and the transition to flowering is nearing completion?
(And if I need some nitrogen, put more urine in the res?)
Or is there better?

6. If I use GF, do I still need to use ReCharge / Mikrobs with molasses once a week (or every other week)? Or are Re-Charge and Molasses not necessary (or not recommended) with GF?

7. For a 90-110 day grow, how much room should I leave on top of the 4 (5) Gallon SIPs for GeoFlora residue?

8. I guess I am a little confused by all the premium meals and such in Roots Organic soil. If those meals get eaten to power veg, then how does the "premium flavor" make its way into the buds? (Does the plant somehow know to leave the premium meals until when they are making flavors for the buds??? :hmmmm: "I don't think so...")
I guess my real question is, how do you get the most flavor in the buds?

9. Also, I would have to ship in Terpinator and/or Purpinator ($$$$!!).
Is this PK-13/14 going to have the same kind of effect as Terpinator and Purpinator?

Haha, what did I forget? :nerd-with-glasses: Thanks.
I hope I said everything clearly and correctly.
I appreciate all of your expert and professional advice.

Thank you, everyone! I was finally able to read the whole thread. :reading420magazine: :popcorn:
Great thread!
May I please ask some noob GF questions?

I am in rural southern Colombia, so I can't always find everything.
I want to grow CBD medicinal autos indoors under LEDs in my "5 Gallon" GroBucket SIPs (that I think are actually more like 4 gallons of soil).
Here are my plentiful newbie questions (lightly edited):

1. For soil, I cannot get FFOF. However, I can get Roots Organic Soil (imported from the US). It incorporates lots of premium organic meals (kelp, feather, alfalfa, etc.). So, should it have enough 'nutes to power an auto through veg without adding GF? Or will I want to add some GF VEG regardless?
(Full disclosure: I was going to use diluted urine in lieu of VEG, to save on cost. Is that a bad idea?)
Roots is good stuff. When I made my SubCool supersoil, I used a 50/50 mix of FFOF and RO101. You should easily have enough oomph in there to get through veg in an auto. Urine works, just not my choice.
2. Is 20% the right amount of aeration (perlite in my case) for soil for a SIP?
SIP requires no more or less aeration than any other soil container grow. 20% sounds about right
3. I saw that GF says you can add worm castings (WC) and DynoMyco. I love WC. What is the most I should add? (10%?)
Also, if my biochar and zeolyte are sitting in WC, how much biochar and zeolyte do I add?
We add WC for microbes. GF has plenty of microbes so extra arent needed, but will be used if there. Only problem is that WC go away and leave a void in the soil. Also thick layers of them tend to restrict water flow. Go easy. I can't speak on the biochar and zeolyte, never used them.
4. For DynoMyco, I will follow the label, but do I treat it like a 4G or a 5G? Also, @Emilya Green , please could you tell me what you recommend? Because I know you like to go heavy on DynoMyco.
I use it every time I transplant, as well as a little around the new seed on germination. As I am building a container of soil I use a tblspoon near mid level and another an inch or so below the surface.
5. Another question is, can I plant beans direct in Roots Organic soil? Or do I need to dig out a place to put planting soil? (Because I heard that you don't want to put anything with fertilizer right next to a bean...)
Yes, you can plant directly into RO or FFOF for that matter. Stop thinking that these are supersoils... they are not. They have a little bit of extra thrown in to help veg... its not like there is enough to burn the plant. If it worries you or you are dealing with a fragile variety, then dig out a little pocket to put some Happy Frog in, since its original purpose was to start seeds. My philosophy is to not coddle the plants with domes or inert starter soils... I raise them to be tough right from the start.
My SIP technique so far has been to mix the soil with DynoMyco and perlite and WC and whatever else goes in there, and then fill the container with soil mix, except for a "Solo cup's worth" in the top middle, in which I put planting mix.
Then I fill the rez a day or two in advance, and make sure the soil where I will put the seed is damp.
Then I normally soak the seeds overnight, and sow them direct. It doesn't really need watering, because the full res in the SIP makes the soil moist damp but not wet.
Then I mist verrry lightly until I see leaves--and then no more sprayer bottle. (I usually get a pretty good sprouting rate, unless I hurry or do something stupid.)
So, with a premium soil like Roots, do I want to scratch VEG into the soil? Or just wait and add BLOOM once stretch is ending, and the transition to flowering is nearing completion?
I guess it depends on how big of a plant you want. I fertilize early and often and hard. I make my plants work for a living and am a big fan of fertilizing as early as the first week of veg, and in a solo cup it doesn't take a whole lot.
(And if I need some nitrogen, put more urine in the res?)
Or is there better?'
If you must... I don't think you will need it though.
6. If I use GF, do I still need to use ReCharge / Mikrobs with molasses once a week (or every other week)? Or are Re-Charge and Molasses not necessary (or not recommended) with GF?
No need. Save your money. GF gives you fresh microbes every time you water it, and in a sip I would top water once a week, just for that reason. Not a full watering mind you, just enough to get the GF to go down, about 2/3 of what it would take to produce runoff.
7. For a 90-110 day grow, how much room should I leave on top of the 4 (5) Gallon SIPs for GeoFlora residue?
Leave an extra inch just for this reason. Some does build up over time.
8. I guess I am a little confused by all the premium meals and such in Roots Organic soil. If those meals get eaten to power veg, then how does the "premium flavor" make its way into the buds? (Does the plant somehow know to leave the premium meals until when they are making flavors for the buds??? :hmmmm: "I don't think so...")
I guess my real question is, how do you get the most flavor in the buds?
The organic feeding cycle will give your plants exactly what they want, and that produces the best that its genetics can produce. All that premium goodness is not lost, even if some of it goes into the plant in veg. Its still there, stored for later when the plant needs those specific goodies to build the buds and the terpenes and such. Trust the organic feeding. You are not feeding the plants... the microbes are doing that and they know how to do it a whole lot better than any of us do.
9. Also, I would have to ship in Terpinator and/or Purpinator ($$$$!!).
Is this PK-13/14 going to have the same kind of effect as Terpinator and Purpinator?
Same effect. My favorite is still GLN's Sweet Candy. P and K and vitamins, aminos and sugar... and its a dry powder so it ships well.
Haha, what did I forget? :nerd-with-glasses: Thanks.
I hope I said everything clearly and correctly.
I appreciate all of your expert and professional advice.
Hope I covered all of it!

Em the Gem
Yes, you can plant directly into RO or FFOF for that matter. Stop thinking that these are supersoils... they are not. They have a little bit of extra thrown in to help veg... its not like there is enough to burn the plant. If it worries you or you are dealing with a fragile variety, then dig out a little pocket to put some Happy Frog in, since its original purpose was to start seeds. My philosophy is to not coddle the plants with domes or inert starter soils... I raise them to be tough right from the start.
Yeah, that's great! Thank you! That helps me to understand.
I guess when you are brand new to this stuff like I am, you don't know that some soils already have food, and others just provide an empty banquet hall.
I have never sprung for the premium soils before, so I don't know.

about ffof and RO, I didn't think they were super soil. I just heard some people say that fox farms can burn your young plants (but I don't know).
I'm not really worried about it, I'm just trying to follow instructions of those who know a lot more about this than I do. But everyone's coming from different angles, so sometimes it's hard to know.

I have a little bit of potting soil. I think what I'll do is mix a little 50-50 right where I put the bean, and then not worry about it.
and I hope to follow your advice on DynoMyco too (sorry for any spelling errors, I am on a portable right now).
and I love your advice on fertilizing heavy, and sooner, and often!
And thank you very much for always taking the time to break it down in terms I can understand!
I guess it depends on how big of a plant you want. I fertilize early and often and hard. I make my plants work for a living and am a big fan of fertilizing as early as the first week of veg, and in a solo cup it doesn't take a whole lot.
That's great to hear!
I don't have any desires to coddle them, I just wasn't sure what I was doing before, and you hear all these rules about "don't fertilize until you see the whites of their eyes" and stuff like that, ha ha ha!
If you must... I don't think you will need it though.
OK, good to know!
No need. Save your money. GF gives you fresh microbes every time you water it, and in a sip I would top water once a week, just for that reason. Not a full watering mind you, just enough to get the GF to go down, about 2/3 of what it would take to produce runoff.
🙏
Leave an extra inch just for this reason. Some does build up over time.
👍
The organic feeding cycle will give your plants exactly what they want, and that produces the best that its genetics can produce. All that premium goodness is not lost, even if some of it goes into the plant in veg. Its still there, stored for later when the plant needs those specific goodies to build the buds and the terpenes and such.

Great to know! Thank you!
Trust the organic feeding. You are not feeding the plants... the microbes are doing that and they know how to do it a whole lot better than any of us do.
yeah. I just want to give them the most flavorful food, when they want it.
Same effect. My favorite is still GLN's Sweet Candy. P and K and vitamins, aminos and sugar... and its a dry powder so it ships well.
yeah, thank you!
Hope I covered all of it!
As usual, Emmie, you hit it dead center!
My THC and CBD receptors thank you! Lol.
thank you for being such a helpful fountain of information.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

@cbdhemp808

Em the Gem

Yeah, that's great! Thank you! That helps me to understand.
I guess when you are brand new to this stuff like I am, you don't know that some soils already have food, and others just provide an empty banquet hall.
I have never sprung for the premium soils before, so I don't know.

about ffof and RO, I didn't think they were super soil. I just heard some people say that fox farms can burn your young plants (but I don't know).
I'm not really worried about it, I'm just trying to follow instructions of those who know a lot more about this than I do. But everyone's coming from different angles, so sometimes it's hard to know.

I have a little bit of potting soil. I think what I'll do is mix a little 50-50 right where I put the bean, and then not worry about it.
and I hope to follow your advice on DynoMyco too (sorry for any spelling errors, I am on a portable right now).
and I love your advice on fertilizing heavy, and sooner, and often!
And thank you very much for always taking the time to break it down in terms I can understand!

That's great to hear!
I don't have any desires to coddle them, I just wasn't sure what I was doing before, and you hear all these rules about "don't fertilize until you see the whites of their eyes" and stuff like that, ha ha ha!

OK, good to know!

🙏

👍

Great to know! Thank you!

yeah. I just want to give them the most flavorful food, when they want it.

yeah, thank you!

As usual, Emmie, you hit it dead center!
My THC and CBD receptors thank you! Lol.
thank you for being such a helpful fountain of information.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

@cbdhemp808
If I could summarize….

She’s saying GO FOR IT and Garden Like A Boss!
The plants are tougher than you are!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If I could summarize….

Hahahaha 🤣😂😂
yeah for real.
lol.

yeah because I have to be fed more than once a week!
lol.

If I could summarize….

Jon Translate, hahaha 😂

:nicethread:
Hola a todos! Haha.
I am a relative noob.
I read the thread, and I cannot remember who, but does anyone have experience using GF in coco?
I think someone mentioned concerns that GF washes through the coco, but I cannot remember. Is that accurate? Or not accurate?
(And if accurate, does anyone ever mix 15-20% soil in with their coco, so that the nutes do not wash through?? It's just a noob question... 😬😬😬 )

I heard that worm castings mess up coco.
Can you still add DynoMyco?
Or how does that work?
:reading420magazine:

I will be using Geoflora in my next grow with Promix Organic and from what I'm reading in here nothing else, and most likely swick watering. I'm wondering if anyone has used what I believe is the "trench" or "well" method for applying the GF as compared to broadcast spread top dressing?

I will be using Geoflora in my next grow with Promix Organic and from what I'm reading in here nothing else, and most likely swick watering. I'm wondering if anyone has used what I believe is the "trench" or "well" method for applying the GF as compared to broadcast spread top dressing?
I believe the trench method you're referring to is used when you're composting and is not needed with GeoFlora since it won't burn the roots.

The trench method is like the directions for the Earth box which refer to it as a trough.
you dig a little trench and put the nutes in there and cover it up as compared to broadcast top dressing.
Supposedly the roots seek out the nutes.
The well method is pushing something down into the soil about finger size and depth and putting the nutes into the well. MrGrowit is using it and dripping his blumats above the well.

I am going thru something very similar. first off it isnt a ac infinity swick is it. I have a nightmare story for you if it is,
I talked to Rachel from Geo Flora about Geoflora and a SIP, her recommendation was when you mix your GF into your soil add more than you normally would. no need to worry about burn the microbes only take what they need. Then she recommended to continue the top feeding. But you dont have to top water like you normally would you can get away with one a week do a light water (Personally I have a sprayer and I do a heavy mist over my EWC and GF and let slowly work down just like a light rain.

GeoFlora Is amazing stuff I like to think of it as close to true organic as it gets without having a kiddie pool full of dirt in your back yard lol. I am mid way thru a OLS grow .Im ready to get back to my Geo flora.

But the true expert is @Emilya Green she has a lot of experience. she taught me a lot about Geo Flora. The deeper you dig the more you will find out about Geoflora. Im sure you have done your own research. But just in case the link on my sig below will take you to their website thier Blogs and other articles are good stuff

best Of luck with your Grow
If have any questions about geo flora , let me know and Ill do my best to help

Stay safe and GROW ON !

I am going thru something very similar. first off it isnt a ac infinity swick is it. I have a nightmare story for you if it is,

No it's a fabric wick draped over a plant riser in a dish pan, works great.

Lets hear it

The trench method is like the directions for the Earth box which refer to it as a trough.
you dig a little trench and put the nutes in there and cover it up as compared to broadcast top dressing.
Supposedly the roots seek out the nutes.
The well method is pushing something down into the soil about finger size and depth and putting the nutes into the well. MrGrowit is using it and dripping his blumats above the well.
The Rev called these nutrient spikes. Yes, the roots will specialize around those areas and I don't see why it wouldn't work, it just isn't necessary. When you see the huge amount of material, a thick brown soup, that comes out of these granules with a top watering, a nutrient and microbe rich soup that easily goes down into the soil, you will understand why all this effort is not necessary. Why make using GeoFlora harder than it needs to be? Top dressing every two weeks and watering from the top once a week is in no way a hardship and it seems to work pretty well in a SIP and I don't see a need to dig trenches or poke holes or disturb the roots in any other way. I guess MrGrowit needs some sort of gimmick so people remember that he is special, when using GeoFlora really only needs to be as complicated as following the directions to top dress once every fortnight and water it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom