GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

005938.JPG
Whiz, the only thing that happened was a light leak, I believe. The plant that's being treated is northern lights x big bud.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

whiz its been my exp and i have also read that the pollen from any "hermie" however it was created wont only produce hermie plants, the instance is a llittle higher with a plant that hermies easily than forced hermie but typically its not much higher, with sliver treatments its about 99%fem 1% herm, other methods its about 97% fem 3% herm, i had a female go herm from light stress and produced dozens of normal females and only 1 perfect male/female plant , all cannabis plants can hermie its a natural/normal response to stress and lack of pollination , most wild cannabis will naturally hermie late in flower to keep the genetics alive the resulting plants are not all hermies, it seems sativa is more inclined to hemie but not certainly exclusive, in essense all hermie pollen is "female" and will produce a very high percentage of female plants that are not any higher in likelihood to be hermie than their parent, naturally prefer to work with regular male and female plants than feminized , but its not always possible, their are strains we wish to keep around in their original form (not crossed with another strain) but some strains are not offered in regular male/female forms so we do what we can to keep it going,
i just wanted to put in my 2 cents and share some of what i have learned, i dont know how many of you have actually been in a situation where the only seeds you had were from a light stressed hermie and if you wanted to grow you had to use them but i have and the results were great, i still have some of those seeds and to this day i pop a few and have not yet found a second hermie, so there it is! lol hope you guys n gals had a nice holiday
gg7 i will be waiting for your return, im doing some cs plants right now if you wanna follow along and see how my 3rd fem seed adventure goes your more than welcome to swing by my journal i have some great strains going blue cheese,gdp,blue dream,purple power, bubbelicious,widow bomb,skunk#11,blue mystic,some autos, lots going on! :thumb: im in full weed geek mode now with my new gdp,skunk#11 and northern lights special

I have a question, If I have a stress created hermi, which is what he colloidal silver does, then all the plants that are fertilized will create fem seeds? From any stress created hermi, or just one that has been created with colloidal silver?

the pollen that results will be "female" pollen any plant its used on will produce female seeds, even f its a whole different strain ,i save my "female" pollen in the freezer to use later when i want a feminized cross , for example i had some cream caramel auto "female" pollen in the freezer from last summer i recently used it on a widow bomb female to create a feminized f1 cross that will be all female and approx 15-20% auto got about 50 beans to play dr Frankenstein with:thumb:

Thats good to know. I havent had a hermie yet so i was going off of what i hear around 420. I have to stop doing that. Thanks for the correction BID. Thats good info to know, so its not necessary to really buy CS or is it? I have ordered CS because im ready to start breeding. Reps for the info BID. :thumb:

Thats good to know. I havent had a hermie yet so i was going off of what i hear around 420. I have to stop doing that. Thanks for the correction BID. Thats good info to know, so its not necessary to really buy CS or is it? I have ordered CS because im ready to start breeding. Reps for the info BID. :thumb:
well for breeding you dont "need" CS just a good male n female is best...however if your looking to feminize and keeep pure strains CS is your best bet to make the hermie, i find the Cs method to be the most efficient trustworthy way,you get a larger volume of pollen and your not waiting around for 22-1000 weeks to see if shes gonna pop a nanner lol, buy at least 30ppm silver,or (make your own heres my guide) i like to use 2 clones for the process 1 gets sprayed top to bottom and undergoes what i call "gender reassignment" lol the second gets coverd in pollen, much the same as breeding regular plants, doing it this way rather than just one branch on a plant, its less fooling around being careful not to get Cs on other parts and plants you dont want thru trial and error i find this to work the best, another thing is if you make seeds in a separate plant from the one being treated there's less chance of getting higher numbers of herms, since the one making seeds is not being stressed if you have anymore questions feel free to ask away here or in my journal either is good i think since both are CS focused journals but it may be more respectful to me goose if we dont hi jakk his journal:thumb:

Thanks for taking that question you guys! :)

I've never done this before, so I have no idea what effects the CS process produces. Tactical Grow is sending me some pollen from one of his MALE Ken's GDP plants produced from a seed based grow, so even if the CS experiment fails for whatever reason, I can still pollenate a few of the flower tops with this pollen, so hopefully I will end up with some GDP seeds either way!

Regarding the Blue Cheese plants I had.... They were all produced from the single original female BC plant that was grown from seed. I started that strain with a pack of Medicinal Organic Nursery Blue Cheese seeds. out of the six planted, I got 5 to germinate, but only ONE of the five was female. I still kick myself that I didn't think ahead and grew out those male plants for their pollen. It turned out to be such a great strain, that it would have been awesome to cross that BC strain with one of my clone only Ken's Cut GDP females!

P.S. Feel free to discuss the CS process here! Since I am not going to be as active here between now and the spring, I have no problem with this journal being used by others to further the CS based discussion. :)

I agree! Now that I have seen the benefits of pollination I no longer look upon male plants the same way. If I get a male or two from a strain I like, it makes sense to gather pollen from the males and save it for future use! :)

Tactical Grow got a nice yield out of his Grand Daddy Purp seeds he got from Ken Estes. He had mostly female plants, but he did get a few males that he used to pollenate a few of the females, and as I mentioned, he is sending some of that pollen to me so I can use it on my Ken's clone only version.

So Wiz...Did you try to score some MON Blue Cheese seed?

Yea I got them but the ones I germinated died on me. I think it was due to the soil i tryd to start them in FFOcean which was a bad idea. Im donating to the bean foundation today but sketchy because of the holidays. Im thinking the mail will still be backed up for another couple weeks. I was so ready to grow that blue cheese out. This time im getting regular and fem so hopefully i get a male. Also im picking up some GDP. Ill be doing some breeding this new round.

You should try using the same soil and Air Pots that I use here. They never let me down!

I use Waterhold Cocoblend by Black Gold exclusively. I feed seedlings on Liquinox B1 transplant solution for their first couple of feeds and then start giving them Fox Farm Grow Big like I feed the larger plants. Just one feed every 7-10 days, but I always soak the pot with this B1 when I first plant seeds ot transplant clones. Between the Coco soil and the Air Pot, I rarely have any seedling mortality issues.

Yea I have that soil thats why im slapping my self in the face everyday for using FF. I just need to pick up some air pots. I seen a good deal for them 10 pack of 3L $40. Oh and I have to pick up some of that B-1 stuff you use, amazn right? I think thats where i seen it at.

Yep! You can get it there, or check your local nursery or grocery store. That company has really good distribution cause I see those blue bottles everywhere!

Yep! You can get it there, or check your local nursery or grocery store. That company has really good distribution cause I see those blue bottles everywhere!

My side of town sucks, everything like that I have to get it from either my hydro store or online. I only know of one nursery around my area and it doesnt carry any b-1. So things like that either i have to get it from hydro store but that will be the super thrive and after you made that post about it, i no longer will purchase it but then theres thrive alive! im pretty sure that maybe around the same thing as super thrive. I was going to get the VitaBlue from blue nutrients but im waiting for him to get back from vacation so i can place my whole order. But I guess for now i will make a couple orders online.

Oh so I got some of everything and I got GDP and its award but im hoping they turn out male lol I will croos thise with Violator Kush & Armageddon :)

GDP Mother Plant Update - 12/28/12

Both plants continue to reveg very nicely. Going to have to start trimming the tops on GDP #1 soon because I am almost at the top of my light fixture's maximum height. GDP #2 is on the left and GDP #1 is on the right.

P10101103.JPG
P10101113.JPG
P10101121.JPG
P10101132.JPG
P10101142.JPG
P10101152.JPG

Your reveg plants grew 3x as big and fast as my plants growing now and i vegged them for 3 months :whoa:

I've got them on an 18/6 light schedule so that may have something to do with it. All I use is FF Grow Big every 7-10 days and water them as needed. These days that is every day cause they are big enough now that they need that much.

I figure maybe another week before the tops of #1 are touching the lights, so rather than just throwing the tops out after pruning, I have been thinking that I might dig out some of my Rockwool cubes and stick the pruned growing tips in those with some Clonex gel and see what happens!
:cheer:

Think I will just place the cuttings in the tub with the mothers and leave them to it. If they die they die, but if they root then I will be ahead of the game! In my experience Rockwool cloning takes forever, but in this case, I have nothing but time, so why the hell not right?

:)

Back
Top Bottom