GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

HEY! 'Grats on the win, belated as it is... You know my love for purples :cheesygrinsmiley:. It really is a unique looking plant, there.

Thanks Man!

Under "normal" conditions I'm sure I would have thought enough ahead to CLONE this plant, but the day after this photo was taken, Kimba went missing, and most of you know what happened next. :(

Lets just say that for the next three month's my head wasn't in the game, and I was just going through the motions trying to harvest everything like a robot. No emotion or joy... Just doing what needed to be done. I have sold off most of that year's harvest. Too emotional for me to keep around here.

It is kinda cool though...That BOTH of my POTM wins were plants grown during Kimba's last season with me. :love:

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Hey do you have a garage or a out house of some sort? I would say move the cloner to that area. I would still like to see this project go down. Im trying to see how this stuff works. I made a order of the CS already.

That would be just the opposite extreme. In another few weeks we will be in the teens here overnight. ;)

No worries...If I throw out this batch, I will just do another closer to spring when I can run the AC and keep the cloner at a stable temp.

Its all Location, Location, Location! the small width but long sliding door closet I have my cloner in just needs some cooling from our central AC when a session is underway. At this point in the dead of winter up here, it would probably be a bad idea to run our AC when it is 38 degrees outside! lol!

I am going to give these cuttings another few days to see if any of them start root budding, but I can tell from the tops, that the heat is taking its toll on them. Its looking most likely at this point that I am going to bag this session, toss the cuttings and just wait it out until we get closer to spring when I can run the cloner in a more hospitable environment for the GDP cuttings.

The mother plants are looking awesome! I have no doubt that the next session I run with a new batch of more mature revegged cuttings and a "cooler" cloning closet will yield the desired results with a lot less HASSLE!

aaaahhh... true, true, and ummm... Did I say "true"?

Maybe if you have a 200w or 300w MH, you could set it in the shed, un-vented, and on for 24 hours to run at cooler temps, but still kept above the danger mark for the aero. Maybe it's too much hauling and set-up just to run a batch of clones. Have you tried rockwool, Root Riot, or Rapid Rooters during the winter? Those little plugs seem to root at warmer temps quite well. Just a thought.

I know how eager you were to be done with growing for a while, maybe that'll shave a few months?

Also, it doesn't take much light at all to clone. A few CFL's here, depending on how many you are cloning, are probably sufficient. I use very little light when I clone - probably equivilent to one single t5 bulb over a humidi-dome with rapid rooters in it.

With cooler lamps in your closet, would you still need the AC? Just brain-storming, sorry!

Also, it doesn't take much light at all to clone. A few CFL's here, depending on how many you are cloning, are probably sufficient. I use very little light when I clone - probably equivilent to one single t5 bulb over a humidi-dome with rapid rooters in it.

With cooler lamps in your closet, would you still need the AC? Just brain-storming, sorry!

You beat me to it with the rapid rooters I use jiffy peat pods with a humidity dome and near 100% success but my cuttings are a lot smaller.

Yeah...I just bagged the session. The cuttings were all dying and drying out. Too much heat from the room itself along with the 125 watt CFL. Just gonna wait till spring when I can run the cloner like I normally do.

The mother plants are both looking awesome! No doubt that they are both going to pump our 5 ozs of premium nugs this next season. I will get this thing back on track when the time is right, but for right now, I'm done.

Stay tuned.

Cheers mates! :)

Agreed, I use a single HO T5 5600K to clone under a Mondi dome. I use that brand because they're highly durable, thick, and crystal clear even after a year.

Final Photo Update Till Spring of 2013

Just wanted to post this one last photo update of the two GDP mother plants as we head into the dead of winter up here. I won't be posting to this journal again until March or April of 2013 as we head into the next growing season, and when I can take another batch of clones for this CS project.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season, and we will see ya on the other side!

Cheers everyone!
:circle-of-love:

GDP 1 and 2 respectively (2 is the smaller plant on the left, #1 is the monster on the right)

P10100802.JPG
P10100813.JPG
P10100821.JPG
P1010084.JPG
P10100854.JPG
P10100831.JPG
P10100862.JPG

P.S. And yes...In case anyone was curious...

The current voting tallies in this month's "Member of the Month" is partially responsible for my decision to pull back from my level of participation on this site. After all of my various journals and HOW-TOs, I had never been nominated for MOTM until Gittergreen nominated me this month (thanks again buddy!).

But somehow, seeing my handle falling so far behind in the voting against relative newcomers to this site, has definitey put my whole outlook regarding future participation on this site in stark relief.

I do have another life outside of 420 Mag, and maintaining these detailed journals takes a lot of extra work outside of actually growing and harvesting the plants. If what I have contributed counts for so little with the whole of this community, then I definitely have better things to do with my time.

Cheers everyone!

GG7

Merry Christmas Goldengoose7!:xmas:

aww brother you should not think that for me your work is impressive and inspiring, i was under the impression you had won several awards, growers like you are why im the grower that i am, i have voted for your stuff in the past, and honestly im a little set aback at the contests too as of late, a weird vibe lately idk,i have felt the same way in the past, like i should not bother, but i do it for me, so i can come back and see ,i would never do this and put forth the effort if i was the only one ever to see it, but what ever you do i'll defo follow along
heres hoping you have a great holiday until later peace love and flower power:thanks::goodjob::high-five::peace:

aww brother you should not think that for me your work is impressive and inspiring, i was under the impression you had won several awards, growers like you are why im the grower that i am, i have voted for your stuff in the past, and honestly im a little set aback at the contests too as of late, a weird vibe lately idk,i have felt the same way in the past, like i should not bother, but i do it for me, so i can come back and see ,i would never do this and put forth the effort if i was the only one ever to see it, but what ever you do i'll defo follow along
heres hoping you have a great holiday until later peace love and flower power:thanks::goodjob::high-five::peace:

Hey Man!

Merry Christmas! ;)

I have won awards for the plants and nugs a few times, but not for my overall contributions to the site which is what the "MOTM" is about.

The other primary reason I have pulled back is that I can't clone anything in my cloner here this time of the year due to heat problems with the location the cloner needs to be kept. During the spring and summer months, this isn't a problem cause we have our central AC running. But this time of year, it is colder than hell up here and the rest of our house needs to be heated. No good way to insulate the cloner from the other parts of the house, so it ends up getting way too hot and the cuttings die.

Thats what happened this last round and why I decided to postpone this project until I can clone another batch and continue with this experiment. The mother plants are both looking great! I am going to start having to prune GDP #1 pretty soon cause it is starting to reach the height limit of my light fixture!

Anyway....Hope everyone has a great holiday and I will be back from time to time to update you guys on the two mother plants.

Cheers. :)

What about the colloidal silver treatment?

See my previous post above this one.

We will continue in the spring when conditions are more favorable for the cloner.

Depending on what created the stress for it to hermie as it might be genetics so all seeds produced will in turn be hermie also.

GG Spring needs to come soon. Did you grow your Blue Cheese from seed? Mine end up dying after the tap root came out either it was my fault or bad genetics. How long did it take your to come above ground after germinating?

Depending on what created the stress for it to hermie as it might be genetics so all seeds produced will in turn be hermie also.

GG Spring needs to come soon. Did you grow your Blue Cheese from seed? Mine end up dying after the tap root came out either it was my fault or bad genetics. How long did it take your to come above ground after germinating?

Whiz, the only thing that happened was a light leak, I believe. The plant that's being treated is northern lights x big bud.

Back
Top Bottom